Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 22 Dec 2014, 18:17
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
pMusic 4.4.6
Page 61 of 125 [1866 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, ..., 123, 124, 125 Next
zigbert

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2011, 07:58    Post subject:  

Version 2.1.7
See main post

Changelog
- New pic in Default theme for radio-stream.
- Decreased spacing in right-click menu.
- Minor improvements in Classic preset.
- Show genre-list for metatags alhabetically.
- Show name of file in Export progress.
- Simplified the setup of preferred souncard. (thanks to playdayz)
- Removed the BOUND_ALSA option.
- Moved settings from 'General' to 'Playback. in preferences.
- Do not stop playing when starting Burn process.
- NLS: Changed: LOC802
- NLS: Removed: LOC809, 810

Stripe

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2011, 08:36    Post subject:  

hi Zigbert

have downloaded 217 and installed it in slacko 4.9.X.7 (B5++)
just played a few mp4 files and seems to work great, will keep testing and report if I find any probs

hope this helps

don

edited to add: running in 4.9.9.7 (B5) as well works just as well in here, will keep you informed
rodin.s

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2011, 10:35    Post subject: pmusic tray applet source code  

I would like to translate pmusic tray applet. Maybe add gettext to it. But I need source code for this. Where can I find it?
playdayz

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2011, 11:27    Post subject:  

Quote:
In the multimedia menu (JWM) you'll also find a item 'CD player/ripper' which is nothing else than Pmusic with a optimized gui for CD-audio.

Yes! That is it exactly. Thanks. This is pretty much the perfect CD player! I am playing cd's again just for fun Wink

I wonder if it would be possible to get the Pmusic Preferences/Menu in pmusic_CD (to change the soundcard, for instance)?

Add: 2.1.7 worked perfectly as cd player/ripper.. It found no lyrics to The Doors Hello, I Love You, though??? It found album art, but no Artist discography either. Does it need a library or program that 3HD might be lacking?

Also, Yes! 2.1.7 changed soundcards with no trouble.

What I am doing is preparing a Super Multimedia Upgrade Version 2 for Lucid and 3HD which will include the latest Pmusic and Pburn.
zigbert

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2011, 11:59    Post subject:  

Stripe wrote:
hi Zigbert

have downloaded 217 and installed it in slacko 4.9.X.7 (B5++)
just played a few mp4 files and seems to work great, will keep testing and report if I find any probs

hope this helps

don

edited to add: running in 4.9.9.7 (B5) as well works just as well in here, will keep you informed
Feedback is the best way to improve any program, and to motivate the developer Smile

Thank you for your effort
Sigmund

zigbert

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:02    Post subject: Re: pmusic tray applet source code  

rodin.s wrote:
I would like to translate pmusic tray applet. Maybe add gettext to it. But I need source code for this. Where can I find it?
Here you are.
pmusic_tray.c.gz
Description 
gz

Download 
Filename  pmusic_tray.c.gz 
Filesize  1.05 KB 
Downloaded  115 Time(s) 

playdayz

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:07    Post subject:  

Very tiny buglet

If I eject a CD and then insert another one and press Read CD before the CD icon has shown up then the tracks are not identified. Pressing Read CD again fixes that (once the cd icon is present).

Very tiny buglet 2

If I change the soundcard, the Speaker Channel options are not automatically changed. For instance, the second soundcard needs to be controlled by DAC, but the Speaker Channel options are still the same as for the first sound card. I know this seems picky and it is--probably nothing can be done--it won't affect most people. The second sound card is an M-audio so I might need to install alsa-tools which has the mixer for the m-audio card. Retrovol can't handle it either. All it means is that I need to use alsamixer to control volume.
tiny1.png
 Description   
 Filesize   32.84 KB
 Viewed   391 Time(s)

tiny1.png

zigbert

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:17    Post subject:  

playdayz wrote:
I wonder if it would be possible to get the Pmusic Preferences/Menu in pmusic_CD (to change the soundcard, for instance)?
It had to be a unique preferences window with only the playback options. I will add it to my todo-list, but with low priority.

playdayz wrote:
Add: 2.1.7 worked perfectly as cd player/ripper.. It found no lyrics to The Doors Hello, I Love You, though??? It found album art, but no Artist discography either. Does it need a library or program that 3HD might be lacking?
No it does not require any other backends than wget. I have seen that Musicbrainz fails to give a result, but at next run it does......

As an alternative, I recommend to edit meta tags for Artist to only 'Doors' and Title to 'Hello' OR 'I love you'. Then use the big button 'Search for info' Like this you get the correct spelling, and most likely the same spelling is used in the lyrics databases. BUT, this should not be necessary for CDs as they sends their disc-id to musicbrainz and that is unique.

Sigmund

zigbert

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:27    Post subject:  

playdayz wrote:
Very tiny buglet

If I eject a CD and then insert another one and press Read CD before the CD icon has shown up then the tracks are not identified. Pressing Read CD again fixes that (once the cd icon is present)
If the reading of a disc fails, there should be a message in the statusbar. Does this happen to you?

Regarding buglet 2, it is hard for me to think anything without having 2 soundcards available for testing. Today, Pmusic has only 1 value for selected speaker (name of channel in mixer). To meet your request it needs an array to connect speaker with card. This is a bit beyond the scope at the moment. Sorry for that.

Sigmund

playdayz

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:31    Post subject:  

Quote:
This is a bit beyond the scope at the moment.

As I said, they were tiny things, of no significance. Installing alsa-tools gives a mixer than retrovol can use. The other tiny buglet doesn't happen every time and when it does, click Read CD solves it. Pmusic just gets better and better.
zigbert

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:32    Post subject:  

Playdayz
Your attached image shows
(10:56
So, I looked through my CDs to find a track longer than 10 minutes. 'Keeper of the seven keys' should do.

[...]

Yes, confirmed.
We need a fix.

Sigmund

zigbert

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:43    Post subject:  

Ok. (10:56 is now fixed.

But I think your right about that retrieving info from musicbrainz fails for CDs. I need a dive...

Sigmund

zigbert

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2011, 13:18    Post subject:  

Playdayz
I find lyrics and discography to fail only if there is a comma in album-name. Is that the same as your experience?

Sigmund

zigbert

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2011, 14:16    Post subject:  

Ok, comma in album name for CD-audio confuses musicbrainz. I have made a fix for lyrics and Album-info. Artist-info is harder, and I have not been able to come up with a decent solution. But as Marillion would say it. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Sigmund

zigbert

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct 2011, 14:21    Post subject:  

Version 2.1.8
See main post

Changelog
- Bugfix: Show correct length-syntax for CD-audio tracks over 10 mins. (thanks to playdayz)
- Bugfix: CD-audio only: Comma in album-name wouldn't show lyrics or album info in track-info window. (thanks to playdayz)

Page 61 of 125 [1866 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, ..., 123, 124, 125 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to: