Icon Themes Exchange

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
WhoDo

Icon Themes Exchange

#1 Post by WhoDo »

Inspired by JQ8's excellent original theme for Japanese Puppy, I have added to the collection of available desktop icon themes for Dingo with Darkfire. Based around promix89's excellent GPL DarkShine icons, I have added the necessary icons to complete the Dingo set. I welcome others to make their own contributions here, too!

BTW, the background is called Firefall and is available from http://gnome-look.org. The icewm theme is Dark Ruby, a heavy modification of DarkT by Albi. Enjoy!
Attachments
Darkfire.pet
Darkfire icon theme for Dingo
(162.32 KiB) Downloaded 14021 times
Last edited by WhoDo on Mon 23 Mar 2009, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

WhoDo

JQ-8 Dingo Icons

#2 Post by WhoDo »

And here is JQ-8's excellent original icon set for Dingo, too!
Attachments
JQ8-Iconset.pet
JQ8 desktop icons for Dingo
(111.52 KiB) Downloaded 12820 times
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]

SirDuncan

#3 Post by SirDuncan »

WhoDo,
Would you consider doing an icon set how-to with directions for creating and packaging an icon set for Dingo? Or is there already one and I haven't seen it?
Be brave that God may help thee, speak the truth even if it leads to death, and safeguard the helpless. - A knight's oath

BarryK
Puppy Master

#4 Post by BarryK »

[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

brymway

#5 Post by brymway »

Wow! I gotta say that is gorgeous. I had to stop and stare at that thing. Very nice work to the creators. I happen to believe that stock Dingo is one of the finest looking distros I've ever seen, with Viz a close second. This I think is a nice addition to the line up. Well Done!

jebaJQ8

JQ8 icon update

#6 Post by jebaJQ8 »

JQ8 icon theme update:

Download:
http://jebajq8.googlepages.com/ZABUTON-0.1.pet

See the post:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=30995

NOTE:
New name: ZABUTON (mean japanese cushion)
Added the ROX icon theme.
Added a few drive-icons for HOTPUP.
Released under LGPL license.
ZABUTON icon theme is alpha, do not expect of it.
for Puppy Linux 4.00 ~4.01alpha5

<< How to use ZABUTON desktop icon >>
(install and ...)
Click "menu button", click "Desktop" "Desktop icon switcher" and click "ZABUTON".

<< How to use ZABUTON Rox icon >>
Right-click on directory, click "options", click "Types", click "Icon theme", select "ZABUTON" and click "OK".

And restart X server or reboot your computer.

Have fun!

Legace

Crystal Puppy icon theme

#7 Post by Legace »

I've been working on Crystal icon set for Puppy. Here is a preview of it. What do you think?

By the way, I have NOT created the icons completely. I've edited most of them but the original icons are from everaldo.com

artifactz

#8 Post by artifactz »

WhoDo and jebaJQ8, thank you very much. worked like a charm

hmmm could you please tell me or direct on how to change the taskbar like yours, WhoDo

thank for your time

nitehawk

#9 Post by nitehawk »

Sorry to dig up an old thread,....but I just ran across your question (I was searching the forum to re-install these great icons!) and I saw you didn't receive your answer,.......Whodo uses his "EzPup" and that gives that great taskbar. (Super eyecandy).

WhoDo

#10 Post by WhoDo »

artifactz wrote:hmmm could you please tell me or direct on how to change the taskbar like yours, WhoDo
Thank you nitehawk for picking this one up.

@artifactz - I am sorry but I missed your question when you originally posted. nitehawk is correct - the taskbar is available as a theme for the IceWM windows manager, and is part of the latest EZpup release. My apologies for not responding earlier.

The Jinx

#11 Post by The Jinx »

Hey WhoDo,

Sorry for my ignorance but may you please teach me or direct me to how I can mimic the way your desktop looks, with the whole Darkfire look. I've downloaded and installed Icewm 1.3.2 from the package manager as well as the darkfire.pet file you posted. But i have no clue on what to do next.

[edit] Oh yea,I'm using Puppy Linux 4.00 if it makes any difference at all

Thank you,
Jinx

WhoDo

#12 Post by WhoDo »

The Jinx wrote:Sorry for my ignorance but may you please teach me or direct me to how I can mimic the way your desktop looks, with the whole Darkfire look. I've downloaded and installed Icewm 1.3.2 from the package manager as well as the darkfire.pet file you posted. But i have no clue on what to do next.

[edit] Oh yea,I'm using Puppy Linux 4.00 if it makes any difference at all
Ok, since you aren't using EZpup-4.0, the steps get a little more complicated. You can't just install EZpup-4.0 now because it will overwrite your later IceWM with an earlier version - 1.2.35, not 1.3.x

Step 1:
Having installed IceWM (any version after 1.2.27) you need to use Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to exit the Xserver so you can restart it with the new IceWM window manager

Step 2:
From the #prompt, type the following to start IceWM

Code: Select all

xwin icewm-session
Step 3:
Download and install WhoDo-Dark-Ice.pet from Puppylinux.ca or one of our other great mirror sites. That will get you a selection of 3 Dark themes; Dark-Saphire, Dark-Ruby and Dark-Emerald.

Step 4:
From the menu, go to Menu>Settings>Themes and choose Dark-Ruby to set your taskbar and window theme. You will need to choose Menu>Window Manager>Restart Icewm to have the new theme show up.

Step 5:
Install the Darkfire.pet icon pack you downloaded by clicking on the file. When installed, from the menu, go to Menu>Desktop>Desktop Icon Switcher and choose Darkfire as your icon set, then follow the prompt to confirm.

Step 6:
Go to http://www.gnome-look.org and search for Firefall as the background if you wish, or find another background image of your choice to match the theme - Derek Prospero's site is a gem.

Step 7:
Having downloaded your preferred background to /usr/share/backgrounds, from the menu use Menu>Desktop>Puppy Background Changer to select your preferred background image.

Step 8:
Download and install Wow's Gdesklets (several dotpets required - use Puppy Google Search to find the thread) and search Google for appropriate Gdesklet applications for the clock, weather and calendar widgets.

Step 9:
Sit back and admire your new Puppy desktop

Of course if you had elected to simply install EZpup-4.0 first - the correct version for your Puppy - it would have been a whole lot less complicated than that, although EZpup doesn't include the Gdesklets. Watch zigbert's progress with Pwidgets to see how much easier that will be in Puppy 4.2, when it arrives.

Hope that helps.

The Jinx

#13 Post by The Jinx »

Thanks WhoDo,

Although i couldn't find the Firefall wallpaper I made do with this:

http://www.joshleap.com/images/ps/fire_wallpaper.jpg

afecelis

#14 Post by afecelis »

Whodo, thanks for the JQ8 nice theme. I already had darkfire, so this new one is a refreshment.

Any other places to get more dingo icon themes?

regards,
Alvaro

WhoDo

#15 Post by WhoDo »

afecelis wrote:Whodo, thanks for the JQ8 nice theme. I already had darkfire, so this new one is a refreshment.

Any other places to get more dingo icon themes?
Hi Alvaro,

I just posted JQ8 - it was created by jebaJQ8 for Japanese Puppy.

Dingo icon themes are so easy to put together, I would have thought more people would give it a go. I created both Darkfire and Gartoon sets in a single evening. You can get those from EZpup-4.0 if you need them.

There will be a new icon theme or two for Dingo-4.2, but that's a way off yet.

afecelis

#16 Post by afecelis »

Thanks for the prompt response. That new verison of EZpup looks awesome!

However, everytime I try to download it from here:
http://puppylinux.ca/tpp/EZPup/
I get this message:
Concurrent download limit exceeded.
and the mirror here:
http://pkagfiles.net/puppy-files/window ... /EZpup-4.0
gives me a "forbidden" message :(

Is the file available somewhere else? Or can someons plz mirror it? If I get a copy I can upload it to my ftp ;)

Regards,
Alvaro

EDITED: NM, just found a working mirror here:
http://dotpups.de/puppy4/dotpups/WindowManagers/
;)

I'm very happy with the puppy! :D

afecelis

#17 Post by afecelis »

Whodo, a quick question;

When Using EZpup's window manager, how can I get the free space indicator that comes with Puppy's original JWM by the clock? Oh yes, and how can I take screenshots? I haven't been able to do so :( Is there an app ready for puppy?

regards,

Alvaro

Eyes-Only

#18 Post by Eyes-Only »

Hi afecelis! And welcome to the Puppy Kennels mate! :)

If you go to the menu, then to "Graphics", you should see either "mtpaintscreenshot" or just plain ol' "screenshot"---in my 4.0 it's named "mtPaint-snapshot screen capture". Talk about a mouthful, huh? LOL!

That will give a 10sec pause for you to make any changes before the shot is presented to you in mtPaint. I usually save mine in the .jpeg/.jpg format rather than the.png. Holdover from my 98se days from YEARS ago I guess. ;)

Let us know if that helped, okie? We do care around here.

Best of luck my friend!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

afecelis

#19 Post by afecelis »

Thank you very much Eyes-Only! :)
Indeed it is a warm community! I come from Ubuntu and I'm very very very impressed by the power of the puppy. Today, I took my usb drive over to my dad's and loaded it on his laptop and he couldn't believe it!!! And precisely these days I'm formatting my uncle's old pc that had win98se on it!!! coincidence! ;) Puppy will run great on it!

Thanks fot he screenshot tip, already found theproggie. :)
Will post some screenies soon.

regards, and thanks a lot!

Alvaro

WhoDo

#20 Post by WhoDo »

afecelis wrote:When Using EZpup's window manager, how can I get the free space indicator that comes with Puppy's original JWM by the clock?
On the Quicklaunch menu ( folder icon on taskbar) there is an option to edit Startup. In there you need to have the following lines, if they don't already exist:

Code: Select all

killall freememapplet-1.3
#sleep 2 && iu_nice -n 19 /root/my-applications/bin/freememapplet-1.3 &
Removing the # will allow the program to run at startup. Check for the location and version in /root/my-applications. If it isn't there, open /root/.jwmrc-tray (hidden file - click eye icon to make visible) to see what version JWM uses.

Hope that helps.