Fotoalbum: Fltk-based photo organiser

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
muggins

Fotoalbum: Fltk-based photo organiser

#1 Post by muggins »

http://kisocd.sourceforge.net/page11021946.htm
fotoalbum can be used to quickly view, organize, describe, tag, rotate, edit pictures and related files. It contains advanced features to search and find pictures, too.
Big collections can be handled easily (mine has grown to about 6000 pictures now).
You can export single pictures or groups of them with various options (with/without thumbnails, html indexpages, original size/shrinked, set IPTC/XMP metadata, ...).
This program needs the attached fltk-shared-libraries installed. Plus it needs this libexiv2 .pet.

It also depends in Imagemagick for some of it's functionality, (e.g. using Imagick's convert to create thumbnails). Imagemagick can be installed from this location, or from here.

To use, Menu->Graphics->FotoAlbum.

N.B. It's recommended to read the manual when you first start using the program. When first started, if you right-click on Root, then select Add->Files then, as an example, migrate to /usr/share/backgrounds & click OK, you can then save the album of pics in this directory as an .xml file.

If you've also installed imagemagick, then when you click on Root, a hidden directory will be created containing thumbnails of the parent directory.
Attachments
fotoalbum.png
(33.03 KiB) Downloaded 1056 times
Last edited by muggins on Tue 17 Jun 2008, 11:41, edited 3 times in total.

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

woops! I forgot that it also requires libexiv2. For anybody that's downloaded it, I've altered the first post, and added a link to a libexiv2 .pet.

muggins

#3 Post by muggins »

I thought that the program required the installation of imagemagick in order to create thumbnails, but the developer let me know that it also has an internal thumbnail generator, if imagemagick isn't installed. This is activated by:

File->Application Options->Shrink:mode->Fast: medium quality