Hdd Partitions

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Bligh

Hdd Partitions

#1 Post by Bligh »

I am exploring LH 2 on a memory challenged dell laptop, (256 mb) and LH 3 on a gateway laptop. I started with 500 mb save file for each. The gw has 2 partitions 50 gb reiser os part and 50 gb fat 32 data part . I don't remember how it got there, but the LH save files are on the data part. I don't seem to have access to the os part, (which may be more secure) Is that due to the LH files being on the data part? I am really enjoying exploring both LH's. So far, it does everything I want it to do.
Cheers
Edit: posted to the wrong forum, could a mod move this to the Lighthouse forum?

Aitch

#2 Post by Aitch »

@ bligh

perhaps if you pm flash, since this hasn't been spotted, to get it moved to the lighthouse thread

- perhaps retitle it 'h/d problem in lighthouse pup'

then maybe you'll need to expand your abbreviation style
The gw has 2 partitions 50 gb reiser os part and 50 gb fat 32 data part
I take it gw = gateway; & explain the os part/data part as I don't seperate my pups at all, but could maybe help if I knew what the problem actually is, and what you are trying/unable to acheive
I don't seem to have access to the os part
have you tried mut or pmount, as h/ds aren't accessible until mounted?

Aitch

Bligh

#3 Post by Bligh »

Thanks for the reply, It's not a big problem, just an inconvenience. I am running Puppy live, and the puppy files are on the data partition of the hard drive. I just don't seem to be able to mount and access the primary operating system partition on the hard drive. It may actually help protect the primary partition from corruption. I suspect that if I moved the puppy files to the primary partition, both partitions would be mountable.from within puppy.
Cheers