spammed

News, happenings
mac

spammed

#1 Post by mac »

i just received this message. this is probably a scam. he claims to have received my email from you. i find it offensive that my email address is sold to criminals to scam me with. do you have anything to say on the matter before i go public with this?

Letter Of Sincere Relationship
From Xxxx Xxxxx
Cote D'Ivoire. West Africa
Tel: 555-1212

With profound respect and humble submission, I got your contact at http://www.murga-linux.com and I beg to state the following few lines for your kind consideration, I hope you will spare some of your valuable minutes to read the following appeal with sympathetic mind. I must confess that it is with great hopes, joy and enthusiasm that I write you this mail which I know and believe by faith that it must surely find you in good condition of health.
I am introducing my self as Master Xxxx Xxxxx the only Son of late Chief and Mrs Xxxxx Xxxxxxx, I wish to request for your assistance in a financial transaction, And I wish to invest in Manufacturing and real estate management in your country.

I have Seven million seven houndred thousand unitedstates dollars.USD( $7.700,000) to invest in your country, and I will require your assistance in helping me stand as my late father's foreign business partner who he deposited the consignment on his behalf into the security.

The consignment was deposited in africa and was letter lifted to Europe where the consignment is now under the care of the security company. As soon as I received a solid respond from you i will fine out more about the deposit . I will be gladly to give you 15% of the total sum of the money for your assistance.
I am just 21 years old and a university undergraduate, Please, consider this and get back to me as soon as possible. Immedaitely I confirm your willingness, I will send to you my Picture and also inform you more details involved in this matter and you can reach me with my telephone number BR-549.
Anticipating hearing from you soon.
Thanks and God bless.
Kind Regards,
Xxxx Xxxxx.

Caneri

#2 Post by Caneri »

Yes I do have something to say on this matter.

Without a doubt, John Murga, does NOT sell email addresses to anyone.

This has been showing up lately and I suspect it's a smear campain against Puppy Linux.

OK..this is happening, as far as I can tell from the posts here. If there is a way to nip this in the bud it would be a good idea.

Best,
Eric
[color=darkred][i]Be not afraid to grow slowly, only be afraid of standing still.[/i]
Chinese Proverb[/color]

mac

#3 Post by mac »

i can give you this guys address, would that help? btw, how does he know i'm connected to this website???

Caneri

#4 Post by Caneri »

Hi mac,

Send your info to John Murga or any mod here via pm.

I have had these emails for years and I very much doubt it's coming from this forum or Murga. The new twist with Murga's url is a cut and paste job.

Best,
Eric
[color=darkred][i]Be not afraid to grow slowly, only be afraid of standing still.[/i]
Chinese Proverb[/color]

bugman

#5 Post by bugman »

mac wrote:i can give you this guys address, would that help? btw, how does he know i'm connected to this website???
because your email address is visible in your profile?

:oops:

koolie

#6 Post by koolie »

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#7 Post by Lobster »

i just received this message. this is probably a scam.
It is a scam

he claims to have received my email from you.
He is a criminal. Criminals lie to gain your trust. The forum is trustworthy.

Report it to the FBI
http://www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/internetschemes.htm

or here
http://www.castlecops.com/sirt
Last edited by Lobster on Sun 15 Jun 2008, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

pudgypup

#8 Post by pudgypup »

I had not thought to change my profile to hide my email address. Thanks for the idea.