Slacko not detecting my dialup modem

anandlalm

Slacko not detecting my dialup modem

#1 Post by anandlalm »

Hi every body i am a new comer. recently i've installed puppy slackware 5.3.1. my dial up modem is not detected. Modem is working in Windows 7, other wireless modem detected but internal pci modem not detected. any solution???

Dewbie

#2 Post by Dewbie »

Try this:
Wary Puppy
Wary Puppy is intended to be our on-going commitment to older hardware. Puppies built with recent Linux kernel and X.org may not work properly on older computers. In particular, some analog dialup modem drivers cannot be compiled with recent kernels. Another major area is old video hardware not working with latest X.org drivers. Many of our leading-edge puppies are built with recent kernel and X.org, however Wary is built with an "old" kernel and X.org 7.3 so as to provide better drivers for the older hardware. However, Wary is in all other respects at the leading-edge like the other puppies, with recent applications, and support for all modern peripherals (printers, scanners, cameras, digital modems, etc.). Wary is also built with the latest Woof, so has the same infrastructure as other recent puppies.
Download here.
Also, you might want to read this; it could affect your modem in the future.

However, that won't be an issue if your computer is compatible with Classic Pup 2.14x.
It has full dial-up support; ttuuxxx updates everything around an older kernel. :)
Latest version is always posted at top of thread.

A word of caution, though:
Some Winmodems (PCI soft modems) are not supported by any Puppy Linux versions.