DCL 2008 and Dingo.

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Brandon

DCL 2008 and Dingo.

#1 Post by Brandon »

On my personal DCL full hard drive install I updated with Puppy 4, and It works perfectly. So if you use DCL and want Puppy 4 features, update!
"Develop for it? I'll piss on it." -Bill Gates on the NeXTcube

RR Koothady

#2 Post by RR Koothady »

Hello Brandon

I got interested in Xfce using your DCL. Since then I had been playing with Puppy 3.01 unleashed - with the idea of creating an ISO with Xfce WM . I had succeeded in creating a working ISO but have encountered the following problems and do not know how to solve them.

1. When I boot the first time - after the Keyboard choice, XOrg-XVesa choice, and Screen Resolution Choice messages appear, XWin does not boot automatically. I have to type "xwin startxfce4" in order to achieve this. However, I have to do this only one, and when I boot the second time with the earlier saved usr_.2fs file I am not asked to type this. It boots on its own.

2. I wish to have a default Background Image in this ISO. So whenever someone boots this ISO, this default Background Image loads, rather than the plain pale blue Xfce screen.

3. I want to have the panels in the opening screen - set in a particular way - whenever the ISO is booted.

I have spent many hours to solve these but in vain. Should I place any specific scripts in order to achieve this? Can you help?

Thanks in advance.

Ramesh

Brandon

#3 Post by Brandon »

Those are all problems that happen because of Barry's re-master script. Dougal's worked fine, and I use it with DCL, which worked well except XVESA wizard was broken, recently I have found out why it works so it 2009 I will not have these problems. Basically if you when asked to check the root directory in the re-master script, you copy and paste the /root/ folder to the /tmp/root/ folder it will be an exact copy of all your preferences, but you will get a some extra, so find the hidden folder in root that controls XFCE!
"Develop for it? I'll piss on it." -Bill Gates on the NeXTcube

RR Koothady

#4 Post by RR Koothady »

Thank You very much Brandon for the timely tip. I will try it immediately and post the results.

Ramesh