Seamonkey shuts down in Puppy 4.0 while mousing w/PS/2

Please post any bugs you have found
otropogo

Seamonkey shuts down in Puppy 4.0 while mousing w/PS/2

#1 Post by otropogo »

Since starting the thread on the as yet unexplained shutdowns of Seamonkey in Dingo 4.0 whenever the [INSERT] Key is hit WHILE IN A POST WINDOW OF THE FORUM

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=31069

I have several times noted other Seamonkey shutdowns that are NOT readily replicated, and not in such specific circumstances.

Just now, one of these instances occurred while:

1. my hands were nowhere near the keyboard, and

2. I did NOT have a forum post window open, but

3. I WAS reading a forum post

I was using a PS/2 mouse (normally I use a USB mouse, but stepped on the cord recently and hadn't reinserted the plug), and had just logged on, navigated to "view posts since last log on", and looked at a few posts.

I made a slight sideways motion with the mouse, and Seamonkey shut down instantly. No part of the keyboard was touched.

I immediately opened another instance of Seamonkey to be sure it was really closed. When I'm logged in and open another instance of Seamonkey, it shows me as logged in and there's no need to re-enter my username and password.

I was logged off.

The problem is that, while I'm fairly certain I've experienced this shutdown of Seamonkey before, I can't replicate it at will.

Whether the PS/2 mouse's movement had anything to do with this shutdown is very doubtful, because I always have this mouse connected, I just don't use it except when I inadvertently pull the plug on the USB mouse.

And because I have limited disk space (ie. excessive desk clutter), the connected PS/2 mouse regularly gets moved around and even dropped from a height of four inches when jostled by the USB mouse.

Yet I have not had such non- [INSERT] related shutdown in probably a couple of months (dozens of hours) of USB mousing with Seamonkey in this forum.