For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
meridian_blue

#166 Post by meridian_blue »

Cheers...=)

Will this make the Tiger roar?

http://code.google.com/p/itask-module/wiki/Stuff

dinky

#167 Post by dinky »

Hi meridian_blue... I'm confused... what am I looking at in that last post? Is it a new window manager for e17 which uses compiz-fusion? Is it something totally seperate. Video links are very cool, but it doesn't seem any different from Compiz-Fusion, which TigerPup already uses. Have been thinking about looking into e17 though for a window manager. Cheers.
~dinky

meridian_blue

#168 Post by meridian_blue »

EcoMorph is a hack of CF + Enlightenment...=!

Would it work with Tiger?

Cheers...=)
Last edited by meridian_blue on Sat 23 Aug 2008, 05:25, edited 1 time in total.

dinky

#169 Post by dinky »

Hi matey, been playing around with enlightenment... very impressive. Installed e16 on Ubuntu, and had hours of fun playing around with that. Just typing this on e17 now...hmmm... missing some great features from e16, and less configurable...

I'd like to look into this for TigerPup... have been thinking about trying enlightenment for awhile now. Will let you know how I go.. there is an enlightenment sfs floating around somewhere... I'll have to look at rebuilding unleashed from scratch. Cheers!
~dinky

37fleetwood

#170 Post by 37fleetwood »

now that I've been successful getting wMOP going I decided to try out your Tiger :shock: first thing that comes to mind is Awsome! I'm having a few issues however. I liked it so much I did a frugal install and started to adjust a few things and add a few programs and while playing around I found a few file associations that were missing first when I double click on a video file it didn't have a default program this was easy enough to fix by just setting it to defaultmediaplayer. it might just be me but you might check it out, it's an easy fix if need be. second and more difficult for a novice like me is mp3's, if you double click them again they do nothing. again the easy fix was to set them to defaultmediaplayer but that opens up xine and I was wanting to play with wxMusik and it isn't on the list of options and I don't know where to find it to set it as the player. also m3u's open up in mousepad instead of wxMusik. wxmusik also doesn't seem to have the ability easily to deal with the fact that I keep all my media files on a separate drive. next problem is that after watching one video or listening to one mp3 if I double click another one it opens up another xine window leaving the first one behind. this is the only time I have had this happen.
thanks
Scott 8)

dinky

#171 Post by dinky »

Hi 37fleetwood. not much time for TigerPup these days, but still wanting to support this project. Spending time with Project Ripple at the moment, with the idea of TigerPup possibly blending into it.

Project Ripple: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 765#242765

I want TigerPup to stay essentially a distribution for USB's, though with groovy compiz support built in. You are right, there are lots of thingsw to look at when I make a new release again. For now, this project in it's current for is frozen.

To answer your questions: simply drag a media file onto Xine when it's open to stop it from opening another Xine instance. With wxMusik, you need to add the location of your sound files into the library... at Startup, if you ask it to, wxMusik can re-scan your folders (wherever you direct it to... it's very flexible) and add any new trakcs to your library. Another hard drive or partition shouldn't make any difference, you just need to mount it first. You can add a mount command into /etc/rc.d/rc.local if you want it to auto-mount on boot-up.

Cheers Scott, I'll look at creating proper file associations with the next build.
~dinky

androo

#172 Post by androo »

I've just got done installing it! I LOVEE IT! GOOD JOB.

I have only one minor problem... my wireless isn't working with tigerpup. I have an Intel Wireless 2200bg card. I can scan for my network and it sees it but when i try to type in my WEP key it wont accept it. it said something about the driver does not support this or something similar to that.

Is there anyway to get my wireless card connected to my router?

thanks,

androo

dinky

#173 Post by dinky »

Glad you like it, not sure. Try this:

Type in wep key, and click 'save profile". Then click "use this profile". You will get the same error message. Try again, this time loading the profile, instead of scanning for it, and clicking "use this profile". Basically, there's a bug in this version of the network wizard that's fixed in puppy 4. (there are other bugs in it's place...lol.) Good luck.
~dinky

androo

#174 Post by androo »

lol alright i'll give it a shot.

another thing is that I have a USB RT2750 wireless dongle made by ralink. It works on ubuntu flawlessly. I try to add the module with the driver that is listed and it said failed to load driver. so it must be another bug.

alright let me give that a shot to see if it'll work.

Thanks,

androo

androo

#175 Post by androo »

whoa it worked!!!

you know i was messing with this too and tried all sorts of combinations but I guess just typing in the SSID and the password and clicking use this makes it work.

good tip Dinky!

Thank you very much x100000

androo

androo

#176 Post by androo »

i have another problem.

when booting off the livecd tigerpup ran perfectly. my nvidia geforce 5200 mobile drivers were found and compiz ran without any other configurations.

after installing tigerpup to my hard drive, i could not configure my nvidia card using xorg. instead a generic xorg driver was used.

i then try to install a nvidia.pet driver but it says i need something called gcc.

is there an nvidia driver that i can install to make it work?

thanks!

androo

#177 Post by androo »

ok nevermind, i got it to work. i installed an older nvidia driver. the newer one works much easier.

androo

#178 Post by androo »

is there away to change the compiz background?

I can change my desktop background but I'm wondering how I can change the other background when i'm rotating the cube.

37fleetwood

#179 Post by 37fleetwood »

I believe in the ccsm under desktop if you click on desktop cube and go to the appearance tab and click on the skydome dropdown it will allow you to change the image. my question is what is the aspect ratio of the skydome image? it looks about same width and half height, is that right?
Scott 8)

dinky

#180 Post by dinky »

That's right about the background image, or skydome I believe. Not sure about the image ratio... never figured it out myself, just played around until something worked. Cheers.
~dinky

androo

#181 Post by androo »

ahh okay thanks for the tip!! it worked perfectly.

ok now i have another question. i'm trying to play a DVD with Xine but I just can't start it for some reason. I'm use to play dvds on ubuntu using VLC. I went to VLC's website and downloaded the source code but i'm unsure how to compile it myself.

so my question is...is there a simple dvd player than i can use without going through the hassle? i tried looking under puppy software installer and didnt really find anything.

what do you guys use to play dvds?

ttuuxxx

#182 Post by ttuuxxx »

http://www.puppylinux.ca/tpp/ttuuxxx/pr ... -engv5.pet
Thats the VLC pet I made up, It runs great for dvd's, you can drag and drop videos etc, But if you install a theme then you can't drag and drop, strange but thats life. It also takes a bit less resources.
Thats the thread
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... df6ad8a7e4
enjoy your dvd viewing :wink:
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

dinky

#183 Post by dinky »

Hi androo, dvd playing does work in TigerPup. First off, I've installed Xine by default, as apart from being able to support Compiz-fusion's rendering, it's the simplest player i've found. Haven't tried tux's pet, that might actually be easier.

Anyway, in TigerPup, you need to click "dvd" on the menu. There should be a button for this on the UI also. Do you have more than one dvd drive? Have you already set them up with the puppy drive wizarx? TigerPup will detect one of the drives as your dvd playing drive, so I would recommend using that one. Good luck, and let me know how you go.
~dinky

androo

#184 Post by androo »

Dinky,

I couldn't find that dvd button that you were talking about. in Xine there are really not buttons. The whole application is just a black box. i can get a few other options by right clicking anywhere within that black box but nothign with "dvd" on it. what i did was downloaded gXine and that actually does have a dvd button; but the problem is that gXine freezes a lot if i try to fast forward the movie or pause it.

Oh yeah i'm using tigerpup on my laptop. I only have 1 dvdrom drive. i would perfer to run Xine by itself since it is a pretty simple player. if all else fails i guess i can always try Tuxx's VLC program that he complied.

Thanks,

androO

magerlab

#185 Post by magerlab »

to enable gui skin in xine just click on the black window and press "g"
or right click and choose show controls( actaully the first line :D )