Convert image to video with ffmpeg? [SOLVED]

Using applications, configuring, problems
zigbert

Convert image to video with ffmpeg? [SOLVED]

#1 Post by zigbert »

I found an example on the web to convert an image to video with ffmpeg. This is great since Puppy has ffmpeg builtin.

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -f image2 -vcodec png -i image.png -target pal-dvd -vcodec mpeg2video -an imagempeg
It is meant for menu creation of video-DVDs. My thought was using this to allow slideshow on a video-DVD in Pburn. But since this video-file has no duration, the playing process hangs after showing this picture. If we could get it to be a normal video-file, Pburn could make enhanced video-dvd with movies, slideshows or a combination of this. Pictures could easily be used as effect/bridge/pause between my movie-shots.

Do you know how we could convert this?

Sigmund
Last edited by zigbert on Sat 24 May 2008, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.

glyoung

ffmpeg

#2 Post by glyoung »

It appears in the code that you posted that the last words should be -an image.mpeg , also I noticed that in puppy 4 ffmpeg is broken . when trying to change flv to mpg there is no sound. I use a disk from puppy 2,17 and start in ram only and it works. You might try that for your code problem for load to ram puppy pfix=ram , hope that helps , code for flv(flash video0 to mpg is : this is an example ffmpeg -i /mnt/hdb1/iso/a.flv -ab 128 -b 500 -ac 2 -s 320x240 /mnt/hdb1/iso/a.mpg
you might also substitute mpg for mpeg, the result from my code is a mpeg2 file the /mnt/hdb1/iso is the folder that the file is stored in . the -ab is the audio bitrate the -ac is for mono or stereo 2 is stereo there is also another letter signifier that excapes me at the moment flv is the form youtube video is downloaded in. Hope that this is a help. Marty

disciple

#3 Post by disciple »

Is the information further down on this page what you're after?

http://www.nabble.com/DVD-menu-problem-td15737552.html

Or maybe a look at DVDwizard would help.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

glyoung

ffmpeg code

#4 Post by glyoung »

The complete code for flv to mpeg2 is this : ffmpeg -i /mnt/hdb1/iso/a.flv -ab 128 -ar 44100 -b 500 -ac 2 -s 320x240 /mnt/hdb/iso/a.mpg . as I said in last post ffmpeg in puppy4 has problems. mpeg2 video in ffmpeg uses .mpg as a suffix. Marty

zigbert

#5 Post by zigbert »

wonderful!!!!
ffmpeg -loop_input -t 3.0 -f image2 -i in.jpg -aspect 4:3 \
-f s16le -i /dev/zero -target ntsc-dvd -y out.mpg
Thank you, disciple. Your contribution makes Pburn greater all the time.
I need to get the bugfix release 1.6.1 ready, so I can start working on 1.7.0.

Marthy
Consider to give BarryK a note if ffmpeg fails. It's important to describe it clear. You can either post in the Puppy 4 bug post, or send him a pm.

Sigmund

disciple

#6 Post by disciple »

Google is my friend :)

I also saw slightly more complicated versions, e.g.

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -loop_input -t 1.0 -i stillframename \
    -ar 48000 -f s16le -i <(dd if=/dev/zero bs=19200 count=1) \
    -target pal-dvd outputmoviename
So I have no idea how you're supposed to know exactly which options you need.

I do wonder though if pburn shouldn't be a little more unix-like (doing one job, and doing it well). It might be better to have all this DVD authoring stuff in a different tool - maybe even plinej's dvd tool.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

zigbert

#7 Post by zigbert »

I do wonder though if pburn shouldn't be a little more unix-like (doing one job, and doing it well).
My approach is: Whatever fits in a simple, logical, and userfriendly gui - add it.That means I have to leave a lot of my ideas. Pburn is not meant to be a dvd-authoring tool, but when we have a list of files anyway, why not give the user the possibility to add movies. And if possible, why not pictures for slideshow?

Sigmund

zigbert

#8 Post by zigbert »

Pburn 1.7.0 will support video-DVD with image slideshow. though there are 2 possible enhancements.

1. ffmpeg stretch all images to fit NTSC. It would be best to keep original layout.

2. background music would be nice.
ffmpeg -loop_input -t 3.0 -f image2 -i in.jpg -aspect 4:3 -f s16le -i /dev/zero -target ntsc-dvd -y out.mpg