How to increase the text size in Firefox? (Solved)

Booting, installing, newbie
nitehawk

How to increase the text size in Firefox? (Solved)

#1 Post by nitehawk »

My Puppy 3.01 works just great,...but is there a way to get the text size a little larger when I'm on the internet? It seems awfully tiny and turns slightly backwards at times. (Okay,...I use reading "specs",..) and could use the text to be a little larger and/or clearer. (?) Any solutions?

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

Look under View on the menu bar for an option to change the text size.

Also look under Edit > Preferences > Content for options to change the default font.

nitehawk

#3 Post by nitehawk »

Yes,...I've done that in Firefox,...and it just makes the text on the PAGE change. The text in the "address" section, and the "Search" area remain tiny and distorted (also the text of this forum appear the same). I'm using PC-Bsd right now,...and it almost has the opposite problem,...(text in the browser appearing too large). I can deal with that, though. It's just a little hard for me to see the letters in the browser when I'm using Puppy. Hmmm,....gotta be some solution. I sure do like using Puppy 3.01 (it's just more fun, even with the "little" problems) ...pun intended.. :wink:

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

Go to /root and open the hidden folder named .mozilla

Open the firefox subfolder and then the profile folder (the one with the funny name).

Open the chrome folder.

Open the file userChrome-example.css

Paste in this code at the end.

menubar,menubutton,menulist,menu,menuitem,window{
font-size: 3.5mm !important;
font-family:DejaVu Sans !important;
}

Save the file with the new name userChrome.css

Restart Firefox.

nitehawk

#5 Post by nitehawk »

Thanks so much for the info,....I'll do that today! I also just installed Opera (from pet packages) and it's working perfectly! So it has to be just a problem with Firefox itself. Thanks again (I prefer Firefox,...but opera is pretty good),..only thing,..I have "Downthemall" download accelerator in Firefox,...(which works good) but Opera doesn't seem to have any download accelerators that integrate with it. At least I can see in Opera,...but I'll work on Firefox,..........

don922

This method works very well

#6 Post by don922 »

I followed the procedure for changing and increasing the font size in Firefox and It works very well.

I changed the font to Nimbus Sans L which is a san serif font that reads very easily in Firefox.

Thank you for this information.

nitehawk

(solved)

#7 Post by nitehawk »

My question is solved, with the good info,...I'm trying to see how to add the "solved" thingy to the original thread,....(thanks folks!)