No Shutdown/Reboot option from launch bar SOLVED

Using applications, configuring, problems
Meshica7

No Shutdown/Reboot option from launch bar SOLVED

#1 Post by Meshica7 »

I seem to have lost the shutdown and reboot options from my luanchbar menu.
I had been configuring Wbar and added a few themes to IceWM previous to noticing this.I've been using Crtl/Alt/Del to shutdown/reboot. Any ideas?

Thanx!
Juan

Last edited by Meshica7 on Wed 07 May 2008, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

Make sure these items are enabled in /root/.icewm/preferences:
ShowLogoutMenu=1 # 0/1
ShowLogoutSubMenu=1 # 0/1

Alternately, you could add entries to the menu to run wmreboot and wmpoweroff, but if you do that you can't put them at the very bottom.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

prit1

#3 Post by prit1 »

@Meshica7: Macpup has an option to show a shutdown menu right from the wbar. The program name is plogout and is present in /usr/sbin. You can take a look at the /root/.wbar and /usr/sbin/plogout files in Macpup. This will also need /usr/bin/MurgaLua_Dynamic to run.

Meshica7

#4 Post by Meshica7 »

Pizza n Prit....(sounds like a name for a rockabilly duo...)

I looked in the Icewm preferences and found that the proper lines where present (scratching head).So then I opened a file called "prefoveride" and found that the code was similiar to the previous file but not as extensive.I added the following lines:

ShowLogoutMenu=1
ShowLogoutSubMenu=1

I also had wanted to have 4 desktops instead of 2 (another glitch that popped up over the weekend) but could never find the program to do this.I noticed that at the bottom of this same file were the lines

Workspace names = " 1 " , " 2 "

So I figured that I could add 3 and 4.

I did and saved my changes.

On reboot the logout menu was there and I now have 4 desktops.

Nearly broke my arm slapping myself on the back LOL!!!!

I love learning geek stuff and Linux is the perfect textbook!
:D
Thanx guys!

Juan

prit1

#5 Post by prit1 »

@Meshica7: I just posted the plogout script that I have used in Macpup for the shutdown option on the wbar. The thread is

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=28746

You can download the pet file and follow instructions in the post if interested.

Meshica7

#6 Post by Meshica7 »

Thank you Prit1 for the pup and help.Got it running (and shutting down!) as we "read".

:D

Thanx!

Juan

Pizzasgood

#7 Post by Pizzasgood »

I looked in the Icewm preferences and found that the proper lines where present (scratching head).
Hmm... My guess is the theme was overriding the preferences file. Doing that is discouraged, but not forbidden. That's why they have the prefoverride file.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]