Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 23 Nov 2014, 21:46
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Puppy 4 DINGO
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 4 of 17 [248 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 15, 16, 17 Next
rerwin

PostPosted: Sun 04 May 2008, 00:18    Post subject: Log formatting in rc.modules
Subject description: "loading" lines need 2 leading spaces.

Barry,
I was going to wait for later, but since you requested easy-to-fix issues...

In improving the formatting of bootsysinit.log, the "loading" messages did not get indented as I recommended. Please insert two spaces before the text in lines 124 and 174 of /etc/rc.d/rc.modules, as:
Code:
    echo "  loading module $MODULE"
Thanks.
Richard
prit1

PostPosted: Sun 04 May 2008, 00:46    Post subject:  

@Barryk: My Averatec 3225 HS laptop with RT2500 wireless module works perfectly well in Puppy version 2.17.1. But in the Dingo 4.00. I have to run the Network Wizard everytime I login and only then the wireless network would start working. This is inspite of the profile being saved. This happens for both kernels.
geneven

PostPosted: Sun 04 May 2008, 01:49    Post subject: BCM43xx  

"With the .25 kernel, the bcm43xx module is replaced by b43 and b43legacy modules. "

Well, they don't work for me. I guess I'll have to stay with the older kernel.
Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Sun 04 May 2008, 03:15    Post subject:  

Quote:
You are the second person reporting this problem. I have a suspicion that the problem experienced with the .23/.24 kernels and usb has re-emerged.

Crying or Very sad Suddenly realised - I am using a ps2 mouse and keyboard (both lock) During the bootup at the choose locale, I can not scroll down - no keyboard response. Once I got to the desktop but the mouse was not working . . .

jonyo

PostPosted: Sun 04 May 2008, 03:17    Post subject:  

Just a quick report. Compaq sr2020nx (AMD Athlon 64 3500+ / 2.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE) 2 gig ram, d-link dwl-g122 ver b1 usb wifi dongle using the win Netrtusb .inf (rt2500) with wep 64 hex. Thing's worked on everything I've tried right down through to 2.12.

Didn't see the native rt2570 available so dloaded the enhanced 1.6.1 ..but haven't sorted that out yet.

Have to use xvesa cos I lose the mouse cursor with xorg (prob goes back to 2.15 for me on this box), Apparently someone else does also with the same onboard graphics. Haven't tried the Nvidia driver yet though.. Thought I had a fix suggested by prehistoric the other day but the prob came back, but is much better.

At first glance, quite a few changes here from 3xx soo..have some catching up to doo..

dingo k2.6.25 setup with linNwin & xpsp2

Last edited by jonyo on Sun 04 May 2008, 03:28; edited 1 time in total
HairyWill

PostPosted: Sun 04 May 2008, 03:20    Post subject:  

BarryK wrote:
Will,
I'm working through your suggestions. I don't understand something about your problem with vi. What sort of file causes Rox to run vi? If I click on a text file, Geany starts, but you have stated that "clicking on various text files" causes an error about vi. I don't understand.
Try clicking a README file in a source package. Rox lists its mimetype as text/x-readme
veronicathecow

PostPosted: Sun 04 May 2008, 03:28    Post subject:  

Hi Barry, I am afraid this Sanity Check has bounced Cool

2.6.25 Kernel, MD5 sum correct. disk verified on blowing. Intel D201GLY2 MB

Live CD will not boot

Sticks at booting the kernel.
Tried adding acpi=off result the same
Tried pfix=ram and acpi=off result same.

Previous version booted okay with acpi=off
Thanks Tony
P.S. fascinating about windmill please lets us know more and wish you well. I'm installing a water turbine and have a wood stove.
urban soul

Location: "Killing a nerd is not as much fun as ist sounds" B.Simpson

PostPosted: Sun 04 May 2008, 04:50    Post subject:
Subject description: Kernel 2.6.25 RT73USB does not support WPA!

BarryK wrote:

One of the contributors to the Network Wizard has put that code in that puts up a message about WPA not being supported ...but, how to know that?

Can anyone think of a better way to do the above? or, do we just have to update it regularly?

I just PM'ed you and Will a new version of wag-profiles.sh. I disabled this 'warning'. I am working on auto-dedecting the encryption type (and as a requisite testing the driver for WPA support). I just need one more week or so.

Urban

Last edited by urban soul on Sun 04 May 2008, 05:10; edited 1 time in total
HairyWill

PostPosted: Sun 04 May 2008, 04:51    Post subject:  

kirk wrote:
Pupdial has been broke for me since beta1. My init2 string is Init2 = AT$QCMDR=3, but shows up as AT3. I guess the $ is messing it up in beta2 - sc1. If i change line 177 from:
<input>echo \"${INIT2M}\"</input>
to
<default>\"${INIT2M}\"</default>
like it was in beta1, then it works correctly as it did in the past. I guess line 170, which is init1, would have the same problem.
arrrrgggghhhh Wink
The reason it was changed was to allow quotation marks
Kirk can you try leaving 170, 177 as they come in the iso and replacing lines 79 and 80 with
INIT1M="`cat /etc/wvdial.conf | grep '^Init1 = ' | cut -f 3-12 -d ' '| sed 's/"/\\\\"/g;s/\\$/\\\\$/g;'`"
INIT2M="`cat /etc/wvdial.conf | grep '^Init2 = ' | cut -f 3-12 -d ' '| sed 's/"/\\\\"/g;s/\\$/\\\\$/g;'`"

Warning I haven't put that in a code block to avoid stretching the page.

Does anybody else know of any interesting characters that might break gtkdialog. An obvious candidate would be &lt; &gt; I really hope there are not any connection strings that require these.

divisionmd

PostPosted: Sun 04 May 2008, 04:55    Post subject: Dual Core
Subject description: Dual Core

Hello,

Just wanted to say this:

Dual core and quad core computers works perfect with Dingo RC 4!

Now when i type "cat /proc/cpuinfo" it lists all cpus!

Great work Barry!

Best regards,
Johan
BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Sun 04 May 2008, 05:36    Post subject:  

John Doe wrote:
5-Had some seamonkey crashes when running Flash Player. Tried to diagnose by launching seamonkey from the shell but haven't gotten it to crash again. The only info I've gotten is this warning:

6-can't copy and paste between rxvt and geany.

It's an old bug that SeaMonkey crashes under certain circumstances. I can reproduce it in youtube by closing a tab when a video is still running.

The daemon that automatically copies the selection buffer to clipboard is no longer there.
For rxvt, highlight some text, then in geany paste it by pressing the middle button. This works via the selection buffer, not the clipboard.

BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Sun 04 May 2008, 05:53    Post subject:  

HairyWill wrote:
BarryK wrote:
Will,
I'm working through your suggestions. I don't understand something about your problem with vi. What sort of file causes Rox to run vi? If I click on a text file, Geany starts, but you have stated that "clicking on various text files" causes an error about vi. I don't understand.
Try clicking a README file in a source package. Rox lists its mimetype as text/x-readme

Ok, fixed.

BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Sun 04 May 2008, 06:07    Post subject:  

HairyWill wrote:
kirk wrote:
Pupdial has been broke for me since beta1. My init2 string is Init2 = AT$QCMDR=3, but shows up as AT3. I guess the $ is messing it up in beta2 - sc1. If i change line 177 from:
to
like it was in beta1, then it works correctly as it did in the past. I guess line 170, which is init1, would have the same problem.
arrrrgggghhhh Wink
Kirk can you try leaving 170, 177 as they come in the iso and replacing lines 79 and 80 with
INIT1M="`cat /etc/wvdial.conf | grep '^Init1 = ' | cut -f 3-12 -d ' '| sed 's/"/\\\\"/g;s/\\$/\\\\$/g;'`"
INIT2M="`cat /etc/wvdial.conf | grep '^Init2 = ' | cut -f 3-12 -d ' '| sed 's/"/\\\\"/g;s/\\$/\\\\$/g;'`"

Does anybody else know of any interesting characters that might break gtkdialog. An obvious candidate would be &lt; &gt; I really hope there are not any connection strings that require these.

Ha ha, a little hiccup. If you guys can sort that out pronto, that'll be great. I'm itching to get 4.00 "out the door" as I want to get going on the next version.

BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Sun 04 May 2008, 06:30    Post subject:  

HairyWill wrote:
kirk wrote:
to
arrrrgggghhhh Wink

Will,
I put your fix into pupdial. It seems ok to me. I don't have access to dialup from here, but I can at least test that it saves to /etc/wvdial.conf ok, and reloads, gtkdialog is not broken.

BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Sun 04 May 2008, 06:39    Post subject: Re: Log formatting in rc.modules
Subject description: "loading" lines need 2 leading spaces.

rerwin wrote:
Barry,
I was going to wait for later, but since you requested easy-to-fix issues...

In improving the formatting of bootsysinit.log, the "loading" messages did not get indented as I recommended. Please insert two spaces before the text in lines 124 and 174 of /etc/rc.d/rc.modules, as:
Code:
    echo "  loading module $MODULE"
Thanks.
Richard

Ok, I've done that.

Note, I didn't put in some of your last changes, which were mostly cosmetic, as I ran into some potential issues that I wanted to think about, but decided to leave that for after 4.00. You will notice that I put in your code to unload some modem modules, then commented it out -- thinking that partly through, I saw some logical issues, so decided to just freeze everything as it was.

Page 4 of 17 [248 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 15, 16, 17 Next
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to: