xload is NOT a CPU usage meter

Using applications, configuring, problems
jakobcornelis

#46 Post by jakobcornelis »

Thanks, bigpup, for that response. Did it take you four years to figure out that brilliant suggestion about starting a thread about my problems? Or was this somewhat like a bottle with a message in it finally washing ashore - your shore? Just kidding. Reading over that lament of mine I couldn´t agree more. But to do that now, after all that time, well, with all ,the additional problems having overwhelmed me since, why, I wouldn´t wish that on this forum. Meanwhile, Skype seems now to have outlived its usefulness, and the meaning of xload still largely escapes me except to remind me from time to time to hold my horses at the keyboard (it went practically white the other day). So, thanks for the admonition, and have a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
Jake,
HP Compaq
DC7100,
CPU: P4 3.0 GHz,
HDD: 80 Gb - SATA,
RAM: 1024 Mb,

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#47 Post by Flash »

There's one called, I believe, "CPU monitor" in, I think, Fatdog64-810. I'd love to say more, but I'm not sure which Puppy I'm currently running and I can't remember where to look to tell. I'm pretty sure it's Fatdog64-810 though, because there's a session saved on that DVD.