Unleashed Desktop Customization

Using applications, configuring, problems
sketchman

Unleashed Desktop Customization

#1 Post by sketchman »

I released CuPup a little while ago. I made it the easiest way I know possible. With a remaster. It was easy and it worked.

But, I had a feeling, I could make it smaller if I used unleashed and selected only what I want.
It made the resulting .iso much smaller, but I get the stock Puppy 2.17.1 desktop icons when I run the liveCD.

This must be something simple, but I have no idea what the problem is.

One other thing. When createpuppy is finished, I get 2 .isos. One is called puppy-2.17-firefox.iso. The other is puppy-2.17-firefox-dvd.iso.

I would guess that one is for a dvd and the other is for a cd. Why would there be a difference? Thanks if anyone can help.
"In a world that exists without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

Did you modify the /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin file? That's what stores where the icons are placed and what the point to. If you meant the images that are used for the icons, those are determined by the file /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/globicons.

As for the difference between ISO's, I have no idea.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

sketchman

#3 Post by sketchman »

Yeah. I modified PuppyPin, and globicons, but for some reason I still get some stock icons and almost the stock icon layout on the desktop.

I guess I should mention, I'm using Icewm instead of jwm. That make a difference?

Pizzasgood

#4 Post by Pizzasgood »

Shouldn't. Did you modify them in the rox package? If not, then they could be getting overwritten by the originals.

The unleashed script runs fixpuppypin (or something similarly named), so maybe that's messing things up. Usually the worst that script will do is move a row over to the right side. Anyways, you could test it by checking the version that winds up in rootfs-complete after running ./createpuppy.

Those are the only ideas I have.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

sketchman

#5 Post by sketchman »

Nope. I didn't modify the ROX package. That might explain things. I'll try that.