Allied Tellesyn BCM43xx PCI Card

MrWho

Allied Tellesyn BCM43xx PCI Card

#1 Post by MrWho »

Hello guys.

First timer here, first timer with Puppy. Although not exactly a utter n00b with linux, I'm still mainly a Windows guy.

Heard good things on Puppy and on its community. Now, after battling with this problem and lurking on the forums for a while, I decided to put that reputation to the test! ;)

I just bought this second-hand wifi card for less than $10. Since it's for the computer to place in my garage, it's inexpensive and 11mbps is more than enough for my needs. It came alone, no manuals and no cds. But as it was so cheap, if this card works ok, I'm considering going there and picking the remaining two.

I have a WAP protected wireless network, and Puppy correctly detects the card as being a BCM43xx. Why I know it is correct? Well, I have no direct access to the card's chipset (it has a metal box over it), but if I unload the bcm43xx module and add it again and go through the network wizard once more, voilá! It's working. Problem is, if I reboot the machine, I have to go through it all again.

I'd try it with ndiswrapper, but I can't find windows drivers for the card. Is there a generic windows driver for this chipset that I can try?

Any help on this subject would be most welcome.

Cheers!

MrWho

#2 Post by MrWho »

Apparently there's a bug report about this problem on the bug reports section of the forum.

I'll try editing the rc.local file as suggested when I get home later tonight, since apparently there isn't a fix yet.

Anyway, if anyone happens to know of a driver for my card to use with ndiswrapper or a generic driver that'll work, It'd be great.