First Puppy to make a superfloppy memory stick?

Booting, installing, newbie
earlytv

First Puppy to make a superfloppy memory stick?

#1 Post by earlytv »

What was 1st puppy to let you make a superfloppy on a usb memory stick? 2.17 does MEAN dont? I have a system that will only boot from a usb floppy or a usb superfloppy memory stick nothing else. Without the superfloppy all usb memory sticks have a GRUB GEOM ERROR.

I thought I had it, I made a 2.17 stick and replaced the vmluniz with same from MEAN PUPPY and it started to boot fine BUT then wanted everything from HDA which there is none only the stick a SDA so it quit.

Next most I/O on this system is USB, even keyboard and mouse. What was 1st puppy to let you have ALL USB?

Even 2.17 will see a usb floppy but programs like format a floppy or make a wakeup floppy dont work with a USB floppy?

What was 1st puppy to let you use USB floppy, HD, CD with all programs?

This system is small and slow so I would like to find the fastest puppy for it that likes USB everything.

I have tried various floppies on the USB floppy to boot USB memory stick and none have worked?
Last edited by earlytv on Mon 24 Mar 2008, 09:55, edited 3 times in total.
Retired from GM, a Etech on engine electronics
Like to play with older computers and TVs

DENNIS

Bruce B

#2 Post by Bruce B »

Dennis,

A lot of questions here, maybe that's why your post is falling to the bottom.

How about if I answer a question you didn't ask?

A super-floppy in the context of a usb flash stick would be a stick formatted but not partitioned. In order to make one you would want to delete any existing partitions then format it as the device, example: as /dev/sda not /dev/sda1

As far as USB compatibility such as keyboard and mouse, I'm not sure which version if any has full support. But I bet someone knows.

So to the top your post goes.

Bruce