4.2 Theme on 4.3

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
wingzero

4.2 Theme on 4.3

#1 Post by wingzero »

I had puppy 4.2 and the default desktop theme was great. i reinstalled with the new 4.3 and the desktop isn't to my liking. I have looked all over and haven't been able to find the 4.2(Deep Thought?) theme. Can anyone help me with this? I really liked the orangeyness to it.

Dromeno

Is Stardust the answer?

#2 Post by Dromeno »

wingzero

#3 Post by wingzero »

I was thinking about that but I didnt know what it entailed though. i didnt know if it would change my OS dramatically(not including the theme). Ill give it a try and see what happens. I was hoping there would be a .pet somewhere of that theme. Thanks though.

Sit Heel Speak

Zigbert's original Deep Thought announcement, with .pet's

#4 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

wingzero wrote:I was hoping there would be a .pet somewhere of that theme. Thanks though.
zigbert's original Deep Thought announcement:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=34331

I wish someone would make an icewm theme of Deep Thought, with WhoDo's Vista Black IV widgets in the upper window corner...

WhoDo

Re: Zigbert's original Deep Thought announcement, with .pet's

#5 Post by WhoDo »

Sit Heel Speak wrote:I wish someone would make an icewm theme of Deep Thought, with WhoDo's Vista Black IV widgets in the upper window corner...
It's doable. ttuuxxx's theme for Deep Thought icewm can be modified to use the buttons and title bars from Vista Black IV. Is that what you meant?
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

wingzero

#6 Post by wingzero »

Thank you for the link. I hope it works out.

Sit Heel Speak

Re: Zigbert's original Deep Thought announcement, with .pet'

#7 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

WhoDo wrote:
Sit Heel Speak wrote:I wish someone would make an icewm theme of Deep Thought, with WhoDo's Vista Black IV widgets in the upper window corner...
It's doable. ttuuxxx's theme for Deep Thought icewm can be modified to use the buttons and title bars from Vista Black IV. Is that what you meant?
Yes...er, maybe not the title bar, just the widgets. I was unaware that ttuuxxx had made a Deep Thought theme for icewm. Do you happen to have a position fix on it?

WhoDo

Re: Zigbert's original Deep Thought announcement, with .pet'

#8 Post by WhoDo »

Sit Heel Speak wrote:I was unaware that ttuuxxx had made a Deep Thought theme for icewm. Do you happen to have a position fix on it?
Well yes ... and no. It was a heavily modified version of ttuuxxx's BRDelite theme (attached) that used some nice icons and a Puppy 4.2 menu button ttuuxxx created. I have attached that in the file original.tar.gz but you should use the contents to overwrite BRDelite to get ODelite.

Of course if you are working on Puppy 4.2.1 you would already have both Icewm and ODelite which is the default Icewm theme. :wink:

I have also attached my Dark Orange theme which may suit your purpose better. Your choice.

Hope that helps.
Attachments
original.tar.gz
ODelite original bits from Puppy 4.2/4.21 to be combined with BRDelite to achieve ODelite as standalone theme.
(23.96 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
Dark-Orange.tar.gz
WhoDo's Dark Orange Icewm theme
(78.33 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
BRdelite.tar.gz
ttuuxxx's BRDelite Icewm theme
(35.04 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

Sit Heel Speak

#9 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

Thank you for these. I will play with them over the weekend and see what I can come up with :)