Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 23 Jul 2014, 05:54
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Java 1.6u17
Moderators: deshlab, Flash, GuestToo, Ian, JohnMurga, Lobster
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 4 of 4 [50 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
edoc


Joined: 07 Aug 2005
Posts: 4337
Location: Southeast Georgia, USA

PostPosted: Wed 03 Mar 2010, 14:07    Post subject:  

Wolf Pup wrote:
java updated to 1.6u17


For those who are new to Forum "assumptions" about such things, one needs to go to Page 1 of the Thread to find the update to the app that was originally posted on Page 1.

Here it is:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=27341

_________________
Thanks! David
Home page: http://nevils-station.com
Don't google Search! http://duckduckgo.com
Puppy upup Raring 3992 & Lighthouse64-b602
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
edoc


Joined: 07 Aug 2005
Posts: 4337
Location: Southeast Georgia, USA

PostPosted: Wed 03 Mar 2010, 14:10    Post subject:  

Thanks for the updated Java!
_________________
Thanks! David
Home page: http://nevils-station.com
Don't google Search! http://duckduckgo.com
Puppy upup Raring 3992 & Lighthouse64-b602
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
shariebeth

Joined: 26 Jan 2010
Posts: 271
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Wed 03 Mar 2010, 14:51    Post subject:  

edoc wrote:
Wolf Pup wrote:
java updated to 1.6u17


For those who are new to Forum "assumptions" about such things, one needs to go to Page 1 of the Thread to find the update to the app that was originally posted on Page 1.

Here it is:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=27341


I did that but java has updated to update 18, wolfpup has not yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
DMcCunney

Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 897

PostPosted: Wed 03 Mar 2010, 23:21    Post subject:  

shariebeth wrote:
edoc wrote:
Wolf Pup wrote:
java updated to 1.6u17

For those who are new to Forum "assumptions" about such things, one needs to go to Page 1 of the Thread to find the update to the app that was originally posted on Page 1.
Here it is:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=27341

I did that but java has updated to update 18, wolfpup has not yet.

I wouldn't worry about it. What you mostly want is a current enough version of Java to run code written in Java. Generally, that means version 1.6 of the JVM. If you're a point release behind, like having 1.6u17 instead of 1.6u18, it won't hurt anything.
______
Dennis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
rokytnji


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 1279
Location: Pecos/ Texas

PostPosted: Thu 04 Mar 2010, 17:16    Post subject:  

Quote:
like having 1.6u17 instead of 1.6u18, it won't hurt anything.


+1 on that. I have Java6ru16 thru java6ru18 running on different distros and browsers and it does not affect my access to java heavy sites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 4 of 4 [50 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0530s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0042s) ][ GZIP on ]