Picker 0.3 - File Acrobat

Filemanagers, partitioning tools, etc.
bill

#16 Post by bill »

Yes,I have tryed both in Pfind and Picker and haven't been able to clean these files out.In fact I even tryed sending them to "
Trash" and then Deleting them,but on reboot,I ended up with more files than I started with ! Yikes ! Something very cryptic going on here but maybe this is because I am running live ?cheers

disciple

#17 Post by disciple »

maybe this is because I am running live
No, you should still be able to delete things.

What on earth do you mean when you say you ended up with more than you started with? Where are they?
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

bill

#18 Post by bill »

here is where they are and I think they are in ram.
Attachments
nodelete.png
(191.25 KiB) Downloaded 816 times

disciple

#19 Post by disciple »

Yes, I think those are in one of puppy's read-only files. But how did they get there? Have you remastered Puppy with them?
If so, I think you will see the same files in multiple places (e.g. /usr/bin as well as /initrd/pup_ro2/). This does not mean you have more than one copy - you are just seeing the same copy in more than one place, because of Puppies unioned filesystem.
I suspect they did not multiply when you deleted them - perhaps you imagined it, or maybe Pfind wasn't displaying them all the first time (occasionally for me it only loads some of the search results, and I have to click the show all button to get it to reload the list).
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

bill

#20 Post by bill »

I knew I couldn't fool you disciple :wink: ,yes,I did remaster ,and the reason was I had added (and got working) :D two other programs with the help of plinej and big_bass ,Audacity and Ardour2.Since both of these programs required additional dependencies I didn't want to destroy them due to some insanity as I had done several times already and had to start again with a "clean install". In the case of all the missfires I had made with rosegarden,I didn't realize all this excess baggage was being saved as well when I remastered.So now I am at the point that I feel I must delete all this confusion that I have created before I can get back to the task at hand of trying to get rosegarden playing with Puppy 4.Since initrd and pup_save.2fs are both hard coded files on the hard drive ,There must be some way to backup these files and do some cleaning of them.? This is where I am sorely lacking in experience.
The reason for all of this is I am trying to build a version of Puppy 4 with these duplex programs that are able to play and record at the same time ,both analog and midi.Some way of coiverting .mp3s and .wavs and vice versa are required also which would make Puppy 4 a natural for the "home recordist" where in one forum I visit has over four thousand members ,some of which record soundfiles and post them.I just feel Puppy four would be a natural.cheers,bill

tasmod

#21 Post by tasmod »

Thanks Zigbert, just what i was looking for :D

zigbert

#22 Post by zigbert »

Good to hear !!!!

zigbert

#23 Post by zigbert »

Version 0.3 is uploaded
See main post

This is just a minor fix for full compatibility with Pfilesearch 1.11

bernard

#24 Post by bernard »

Hello, I downloaded picker v0.3 but it shows 0.2 version, a packaging error?

Dromeno

And the icon is?

#25 Post by Dromeno »

Zigbert and ttuuxxx (and a few others) are in the habit of providing excellent apps which often come without an icon of their own. Of course you can always find one yourelf somewhere and put that in the docking bar but IMHO good apps need an ' official' icon...

zigbert

#26 Post by zigbert »

bernard
It shows 0.2, but is still version 0.3. - Sorry

Sigmund

bigpup

any new work on this?

#27 Post by bigpup »

Any new work on this?

zigbert

#28 Post by zigbert »

I haven't done anything since last release

Sigmund

Karl Godt

tiny but disturbing kill and close error messages

#29 Post by Karl Godt »

Hello zigbert,
Looks like another great app!
I tried running it in Puppy 2.14 and got these error.
I tried creating the missing file in /tmp but each time i did, it appears to claim another file is missing. any ideas on getting it to working?
pfind is a fast and good tool but these error messages appear here at 4.3.0/1 too -- export VERSION="4.15"

it seems that I could fix it by :

Code: Select all

case $EXIT in
	0) echo ;;
	98) configure ;;
	*)		 if [ -f /tmp/searchresult$PROGPID ]; then rm -dr /tmp/searchresult$PROGPID
		if [ -f /tmp/pfind*$PROGID ]; then rm /tmp/pfind*$PROGPID
		fi
		fi
		exit ;;
esac
at the lines 361+ and ~450+

zigbert

#30 Post by zigbert »

Karl Godt
Thanks a lot for your investigation.
I have included your improvement for next release

Sigmund

Pelo

picker 0.2 in DPUP exprimo 3.6.2.1 (15OCT2012)

#31 Post by Pelo »

Picker please me so i looked for it on forum. The version 0.3 does not supersede version 0.2, even typing in terminal.

Not important but strange. I checked with... Picker.
I come back, i'll try dowloaded pet with another Puppy.

11 AM : Triton nice Precise 5.7.1 version
Picker 0.3 titled 0.2 (don't mind) :evil: :evil: :evil: mais picker ne trouve rien. No files found. Even typing 'Osmo'..