Belkin Wireless G Notebook Network Card won't work

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
M.Gregg.

Belkin Wireless G Notebook Network Card won't work

#1 Post by M.Gregg. »

Hello all.
Belkin Wireless G Notebook Network Card
I have managed to get ndisrapper to load the xp drivers (remember any newbies that the terminal you open is :right click on the folder that the drivers have been copied too and open xterm). then follow the instructions. The lights then came on and the card worked but the wag program is a problem it says that the card has found a wireless conection but no matter what i do i cannot get an outside internet connection from my Dlink router. I am using wep key but it still will not configure.below is the profile in wag.
I have already configured the wag file to load ndiswrapper at start but still no joy!(any newbies please note that you can access wag config from profiles then file open and choose the wag file because you must load ndis wrapper each time you start wireless). any help would be nice ..lol Thanks to everyones good work. Please note that i have replaced the key with..##
Any ideas what i am doing wrong?
TITLE1="home"
IP=""
GATEWAY=""
ESSID="home"
NWID="[my network]"
KEY="#########"
MODE="auto"
FREQ=""
CHANNEL="0"
AP_MAC=""

TITLE2="autoconnect"
IP=""
GATEWAY=""
ESSID="hotspot"
NWID=""
KEY=""
MODE="auto"
FREQ="2.437G"
CHANNEL="0"
AP_MAC=""
Many thanks for a superb distro..By the way you can run puppy on XP partition using the auto installer available in the downloads section..But it uses puppy 1.0.5. lol but if you change the tar gz from 1.0.6 to 1.0.5 and drop it in the resource folder it works no problem and you can run and boot puppy at XP start..brilliant! any way any help would be great. Michael.

M.Gregg

Wireless working

#2 Post by M.Gregg »

Hi all,
I will enter info here that i discover from the networking project. It may help someone. (There are others that know alot more about this subject than i do, but i believe that any help is a good thing!)

Here is some info about wireless in puppy.
If you are going to use a windows driver in ndiswrapper you are going to have to configure an ethernet connection first because you need pearl from the pupget packages.

1 you must load a driver for your card, this can be using ndiswrapper or wifi beta some have had success using the ethernet wizard to load a driver.
If you want to use ndiswrapper firstly mount the drivers cd that came with your card then open my documents in the home folder in another window. Drag and drop the drivers folder to my documents. (Do not try to just move the driver hidden files may be left behind and it will not work!). open the drivers folder in my documents and right click on an empty space in the folder then choose xterm. This is the terminal that you use for all of the instructions in the ndiswrapper in wireless config.

Wifi can be found here:

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?c ... beta-2.pup

When you have done a modprobe then the card should become active...no connection at this point.
TITLE1="home"
IP=""
GATEWAY=""
ESSID="enter your network name"
NWID="enter your network name"
KEY="enter your WEP key "
MODE="for wep you will need to enter "managed""
FREQ=""
CHANNEL="This info is obtained by running socket test"
AP_MAC=""

You need to open profile config in wag and enter the info for your network.
To run a socket test open user local and right click on wag and select look inside then click socket test...this will show you the pcmcia socket that your card is in. I got confused about "channel" this is the socket number of your card not the channel used by your router!

Now if you have a message saying wireless gate way found you may have a connection even if it tells lies and says you don't. I found at this point that the DHCP in wag created problems so i suggest you close wag at this point and open the LAN setup if your card is working then Wlan0 will show in the menu do a DHCP from here. (Good luck).
No liability is accepted for the use of this Information.
Please do not post questions here

Michael.

M.Gregg

DHCPCD

#3 Post by M.Gregg »

Hi all,
Mod to get DHCPCD working in WAG.
DHCP mod from MU works for me, to use the code:

Go to user local right click on WAG select "look inside"
Right click "app run"
select open as text
scroll down to DHCPCD.

Change this line..you could copy and paste the line.

DHCPTEST1=ps | grep "dhcpcd" | grep -v grep

Click save.
Close

Regards
Michael