Ms Puppy only writes the first session back to CD

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
aahhaaa

#16 Post by aahhaaa »

Flash- thanks for pointing out this thread... :D

press Ctrl-S to pause scrolling and Ctrl-Q to resume scrolling.

OK, DOS guys, so why doesn't PrintScrn work at this point? That'd be handy, or mebbe directing to a log.txt file for debugging?

the bit about some burners only doing DVD is new info to me, should be in the wiki somewhere

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#17 Post by Flash »

Here is my proposed solution to the problem of the boot screen whizzing by so fast. :)

aahhaaa

#18 Post by aahhaaa »

Flash- again we are on the same wavelength! :D
That's quite a thread...
(One solution nobody mentioned is to return to a processor so slow that the messages are still human readable- thats where this all began. )

I think it is important in a couple ways. I'd tried another distro (which will remain nameless). It did the same thing, text streams roaring by, except there were a lot of red FAILED notices in it. I monkeyed with it for a while- merely trying to see what failed, no joy. That iso is holding up my coffeecup (actually tea) at this moment. That's why I'm using Puppy and not something else.

Unless it is vitally needed, first impressions with software usually determine whether you get a chance at second impressions.

The other thing is the tone some folks took at the question. I need to tell a (true) story for this one:

Way back when, a woman always made the most scrumptious roast. Her daughters learned the method and passed it on to their daughters. One holiday Granny came to visit and watched one of her granddaughters making the roast.
She asked 'Why are you cutting the ends off the roast?"
The granddaughter replied "That's the way Mom said you always did it... "
Granny said "Yes I did; but my pan was too small."