XDM dotPup

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
jimhap

XDM dotPup

#1 Post by jimhap »

Well, the topic says it all. It's a XDM(X display manager, which is a graphical login interface) dotPup.

A couple things.....

1. This is NOT really going to work, if anyone can please fix the conf files up, because XDM never goes into the WM, it just repeats itself if you login correctly.

**************************************************************************************************************
**************************************************************************************************************
WARNING!!!!!! The XDM, if ran in the command line, will show XDM, BUT if the login is successful, it will just repeat the login screen.

REMEMBER THE WAY TO EXIT X?????????
(CTRL-ALT-Backspace)
You may need to do that if required.

XDM will not affect any other files(the install won't, but maybe XDM may edit things by itself.)

So here it is...... :D

Edit 1:(Oops. Need to use pup_save.2fs instead of pup_save3.2fs instead, my file's on the first. I'll upload soon.)

Edit 2: Got it! Uploaded. :D
ALOS Software
[url=http://www.alossoft.com/forum/]FORUMS[/url]

Now developing:

CoolPup
v1.0.0 BETA

Click [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=17682]here[/url].....

J-Bob

Tried to fix. Still Not working.

#2 Post by J-Bob »

I checked through the files in the dotpup. I think it may involve Xsession. I checked the error logs and it talks about an unexpected end at line 53. Perhaps you need a different distro's Xsession. I'll notify you if any progress is made. P.S. Despite the fact this my first post. I'm not a newbie.