router + adsl-modem with puppy

ptr

router + adsl-modem with puppy

#1 Post by ptr »

hello to all around the world,
i posted the following text in the German-speaking forum some days ago, but want to share with you the problem:

system: AMD K6 333MHZ, 598 RAM, 4 GB, 10 years old (still my first maschine), 1,5 GB win98SE, 2,5 GB for puppylinux-opera-version fully installed since 2 weeks, before 1,5 years redhat9 without gnome + without kde only with windowmaker + openoffice, before 6 years redhat7.

i am glad that i found puppy 3 weeks ago :lol: .

the problem:
to use the internet with the adsl-modem was no problem in puppy with the help of pppoe and the easy installation of the realtek-card.
now i need a router between the adsl-modem and my pc because my daugther will get a dell latitude with wlan at her 16. birthday. i installed the router (DLink DI-624) under win98SE with no problem and can go online directly with win. but not so with puppy. with win i only need to open opera and type the address and here it is. with puppy it doesnt work with the roaring penguin or with the "win-method" (open and type). the router has my username and the password saved so i can use it with win. but how to use it with puppy ?
i have no idea. is there anyone out there who get one and tell it to me ?

thnx very much. ptr

ptr

#3 Post by ptr »

hi darelljon,
thank you very much for your links. helpful.
I could not answer earlier because I was ill and yesterday it was the fist day to computer again.
My solutions:
my maschine is now with version 301, and with barrys help-button in the browser (installing adsl + router) I did a fresh install of my router, activated dhcp, opened puppy, clicked on dhcp and woofwoof: I was online :lol:
on the dell latitude 600 of my daugther 301 is also running with automatical detection of the wifi (great), but it cannot find the network. I have to study your links again because I am not sure if I made the wrong answers.
So please wait if I need further help.
ptr