Suggestions for easy email?

Booting, installing, newbie
afto

Suggestions for easy email?

#1 Post by afto »

I'm setting up a system for a challenged user (electronics engineer, smart and eager but short-term memory is slipping). To keep things simple to use and to administer I've set up a Puppy system with a simplified desktop and links to some favorite sites. Now we'd like to add email.

I'd appreciate suggestions for an easy to use email system with little that needs to be memorized / learned. Web based, like gmail? Thunderbird? Something else? It may be that email is now beyond him, but he'd like to give it a whirl and I'd like to give him the best chance of success. I expect to have to monitor it and weed out the spam. But he'd like to be able to email to and from family and friends.

My points of reference are pine on Unix, Exchange on Windows, and web-based systems SmarterMail and SquirrelMail.

Anyone have experience with simple email?

Thanks,

Afto

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

I'd go for Thunderbird or something rather than internet mail. I think Thunderbird is about as intuitive as you can get, but I've never actually tried whatever it was Puppy used to have (that is returning for Dingo).

Sounds like a worthy project there :)