dhcp broken? Can't upload to Youtube

Using applications, configuring, problems
Dingo

dhcp broken? Can't upload to Youtube

#1 Post by Dingo »

Woof Woof!

this afternoon, after signed on youtube, I have tried to upload some my video of my performances on piano, but... after few minutes, during uploading, my connection is broken! dhcp seems also broken, connection is very unstable and if i start again wireless connection wizard, this works only few seconds.

puzzled by this strange behaviour, I have rebooted puppy. this time every thing is okay. connection is stable, but, if i try another time to upload my videos on youtube, then, connection falls.

it's a youtube problem on puppy? have anyone else experimented same problems? It seems very strange for me if youtube is the problem

edit:

today I have tested uploading on youtube on other OS. on windows and mac OS upload works with seamonkey, firefox, mozilla, safari and internet exploree.

It seems then that puppy has a problem with uploading on youtube that can give problems to dhcp and broken connection
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux

PaulBx1

#2 Post by PaulBx1 »

I've had trouble related to youtube downloads of large files. It seems related to a file /tmp/Flashxxxxxx that grows during the download and apparently runs into a memory limit (40MB in my case). I wonder if during your upload you end up with a file in /tmp that grows until it hits a limit? BTW the file disappears after the crash happens, so you have to check /tmp during the action.

Dingo

#3 Post by Dingo »

thanks for your answer, but, unfortunatly, this happens also with little sized files (one, two MB at least) I have never trying to upload files bigger than 3 MB, but the problem stills. I no have idea of this
dropbox 2GB free

edoc

#4 Post by edoc »

Y'all may want to cross-reference to this thread as they are also wrestling with concerns re. over-running /tmp:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=26646
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

Dingo

#5 Post by Dingo »

In Dingo (Puppy 4) I don't have apparently, any kind of problems, so, why I have in Puppy 3.01? Is a little disappointing I must reboot to getting into Puppy 4 to upload my videos on youtube
dropbox 2GB free