PuppyLinux 3.01 bugs

Please post any bugs you have found
rrpook

PuppyLinux 3.01 bugs

#1 Post by rrpook »

I have installed PuppyLinux 3.01 on my Dell Latitude D630 and am facing the following problems:
1. GXine does not do full screen. When I select full screen, it momentarily tries to go full screen and returns back. Also it hangs during playback. I have to manually go to command prompt and kill all gxine process and start again to make it start working again. The hang is not consistent but happens quite a lot. It is not specific to any particular file type. Same file can work fine or cause a hang.
2. More serious than this is the problem with Audio. There is absolutely no audio !!! Nor does the microphone work. Do I have to install another driver? D600 & D610 used to work great but not D630 :(
3. "pidgin" is defined to be the default chat client but is not installed. "gaim" is. So I had to put the defaultchat icon manually, edit it to point to gaim.

WhoDo

#2 Post by WhoDo »

This post belongs in the Puppy 3 Series Bugs thread or the Puppy 3.01 Final Bug Reportsthread. Please post your questions there so we don't end up with multiple bug threads everywhere. A search of those threads may also reveal that your problem is either solved or already under discussion.

Thank you for your consideration.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com