Legacy OS 2.2 will be a big step forward

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
john biles

Legacy OS 2.2 will be a big step forward

#1 Post by john biles »

Hello everyone,
Work continues on the next Legacy OS 2 Series version and I'm here posting to you using Firefox 38.0.5 Windows version running wine 1.7.4 yes newer version than Ubuntu. I using a 2004 Pentium 4 1.9Ghz 512Mb of Ram Laptop and it's usable. Even HTML5 video's work from Youtube.

The next release of Legacy will be more polished. Include a number of useful new apps and remove old apps like Skype 1.3 which just doesn't work due to recent protocol changes by Microsoft. It's going to be a big clear out of apps the average home user just doesn't need. This will make way for the new stuff. The look and feel options will grow in the next version so users will have a large choice of the way Legacy OS will look. Want the dark look you've got it. Want some ugly look only you love then you'll have that option too.

While Wifi support will improve, most of you will still need to use a ethernet connect to use Legacy.

We might be able to bring Bluetooth to Legacy but it's way down on the list of options I'm working on. I never really had complaints about it missing in Legacy.

For a Pentium III user there should surely be no better Operating System in the world for their PC when the next release comes out!

This will be the release I'm most proudest of when it comes out. What is developing is really exciting and I'm working hard to get it to you. Just don't expect it too soon as quality takes time.
Attachments
firefox-wine-legacyos2.2.jpg
(42.73 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

darry1966

#2 Post by darry1966 »

Best wishes on the new release John hope WPA2 works out.:)