LazY Pup continues! RSH announced LazY Puppy Vivid beta2

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
oui

LazY Pup continues! RSH announced LazY Puppy Vivid beta2

#1 Post by oui »

Please see his message and let Google translate it in case you are interesting as diverse details seems to be important to know to install it!
Last edited by oui on Tue 14 Jul 2015, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

musher0

Re: LazY Pup continues! RSH announced LazY Unicorn Pup rel. 001!

#2 Post by musher0 »

oui wrote:Please see his message and let Google translate it in case you are interesting as diverse details seems to be important to know to install it!
Hello, oui.

As bad as Google translations are, they did get this sentence right:

> Oh yes, the system comes in German language.

What of English-speaking or of French-speaking users? Is there a solution,
a workaround?

Of course I want to support a valid Puppy project, but that will be difficult,
will it not?, if I don't understand a word that's in it...

Are there localization packages available, at least for the applications? The
locales usually come with the applications, so it shouldn't be too hard to
assemble them in one package?

Bye for now.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

bark_bark_bark

#3 Post by bark_bark_bark »

Well knowing RSH's thoughts on certain things, I am lead to believe that it will be German only.

musher0

#4 Post by musher0 »

bark_bark_bark wrote:Well knowing RSH's thoughts on certain things, I am lead to believe that it will be German only.
Thanks, bark_bark_bark.

I didn't know that RSH aka LazyPup was a separatist of sorts. Beyond
"Guten Tag", "Danke" and "Auf Wiedersein", I don't know German.

Well, then. That settles that. Too bad though. Some say this type of Puppy
is the future of Puppy. LazyPuppy is highly regarded by some.

Does "oui" know this? What was his point then, in posting his initial message?

BFN.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

LazY Puppy

#5 Post by LazY Puppy »

a workaround?
Yes, the LazY Unicorn Puppy is created only for People who are able to read and understand German Language. After finishing LazY Puppy I had already published several Puppy Derivatives in DE only.

If I'm creating a Puppy Derivative usable for any else Language than DE only, I would made a new Topic in Puppy Derivatives Forum as I did it for LazY Puppy and also for L.A.S.S.I.E..

It can be turned into EN Language or even any other Language (if installing a Language Package) by QuickSetup First Settings, but this won't include all the specials of this Puppy Derivative.
I didn't know that RSH aka LazyPup was a separatist of sorts.
No, I'm not any kind of separatist. :lol:

This LazY Unicorn Puppy Derivative was made as a quick shot using my LazY Puppy ISO Builder, which should be usable in EN Language. In Fact, I did build this Puppy Derivative especially for three users.

- oui, who was almost always impressed of my Work
- der-schutzhund, the Teacher who is using LazY Puppy now for several Years at a Public School in Germany
- Nightowl59, a German Forum Member, who did turn a PC of his own into a Gift of mine and did sent it for free to my real Address, a few weeks ago
Well, then. That settles that. Too bad though. Some say this type of Puppy is the future of Puppy. LazyPuppy is highly regarded by some.
Well, I know, some People are very impressed by some of my Puppy Derivatives as well as by some of my Applications, but I really don't know, if this will be the future of Pupppy Linux.

I'm strictly focused on the use of SFS Modules and PUPMODE=5 (RAM only), so it might not fit to any one elses needs or any one elses thoughts of a future Puppy.
Does "oui" know this?
Yes, oui is knowing this and he's able to read and understand German Language.
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

greengeek

#6 Post by greengeek »

Publishing in any language other than ones own native tongue is a huge task. It is asking too much of any mere human. I wish I could plug a multilanguage.sfs into my own head somehow.

musher0

#7 Post by musher0 »

LazY Puppy wrote:

a workaround?
Yes, the LazY Unicorn Puppy is created only for People who are able to read and understand German Language. After finishing LazY Puppy I had already published several Puppy Derivatives in DE only.

If I'm creating a Puppy Derivative usable for any else Language than DE only, I would made a new Topic in Puppy Derivatives Forum as I did it for LazY Puppy and also for L.A.S.S.I.E..

It can be turned into EN Language or even any other Language (if installing a Language Package) by QuickSetup First Settings, but this won't include all the specials of this Puppy Derivative.
I didn't know that RSH aka LazyPup was a separatist of sorts.
No, I'm not any kind of separatist. :lol:

This LazY Unicorn Puppy Derivative was made as a quick shot using my LazY Puppy ISO Builder, which should be usable in EN Language. In Fact, I did build this Puppy Derivative especially for three users.

- oui, who was almost always impressed of my Work
- der-schutzhund, the Teacher who is using LazY Puppy now for several Years at a Public School in Germany
- Nightowl59, a German Forum Member, who did turn a PC of his own into a Gift of mine and did sent it for free to my real Address, a few weeks ago
Well, then. That settles that. Too bad though. Some say this type of Puppy is the future of Puppy. LazyPuppy is highly regarded by some.
Well, I know, some People are very impressed by some of my Puppy Derivatives as well as by some of my Applications, but I really don't know, if this will be the future of Pupppy Linux.

I'm strictly focused on the use of SFS Modules and PUPMODE=5 (RAM only), so it might not fit to any one elses needs or any one elses thoughts of a future Puppy.
Does "oui" know this?
Yes, oui is knowing this and he's able to read and understand German Language.
@RSH
Well, then, don't let "oui" go out on a campaign of support on behalf of
your work among non-German speaking developers. Tell him to stop that,
it's misleading of him to do that.

If I were a younger man, I'd gladly try to learn your language, but it takes
at least 10 years of practice to be fluent in a third language. I'd probably
be dead by then!!! :D All that learning going to waste... Are you following
my logic?

@greengeek
Indeed translating a computer program -- let alone an entire distro -- can
be too great a task for one person.

BFN.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

LazY Puppy

Re: LazY Pup continues! RSH announced LazY Unicorn Pup rel. 001!

#8 Post by LazY Puppy »

musher0 wrote:If I were a younger man, I'd gladly try to learn your language, but it takes
at least 10 years of practice to be fluent in a third language. I'd probably
be dead by then!!! Very Happy All that learning going to waste... Are you following
my logic?
As I had joined the forum I did spent my first days/weeks in DE forum only. I could not read all that information inside the EN main forum and neither I could understand anything. Then there was the day when I had to recognize not to being able to work on my vision of my own Puppy Linux Derivative without to learn and refresh my knowledge of English Language.

Besides this I had to learn Linux AND Bash as well - as you might notice: I'm still alive! :lol:
musher0 wrote:Indeed translating a computer program -- let alone an entire distro -- can
be too great a task for one person.
It would not be too much a great task, but i was just too lazy to do it for LazY Unicorn Derivative. By now there are language packages for different languages, so I don't care anymore on translation of a Puppy. My applications are still developed in DE/EN by default. The LazY Unicorn Puppy Derivative comes with language package DE installed.

Since EN people developing for EN people, FR people developing for FR people, RU people developing for RU people, IT people developing for IT people, JP people developing for JP people -regarding to Puppy Systems and Derivatives- I will take the freedom of Puppy Linux to develope sometimes in DE only for the DE people.

As any Puppy it could be turned into EN and for the specials of LazY Unicorn that will stay in DE, people can study the comments (which are still made in EN usually), use Google Translate or similar services and/or asking for help.
oui's opening post wrote:Please see his message and let Google translate it in case you are interesting as diverse details seems to be important to know to install it!
musher0 wrote:Well, then, don't let "oui" go out on a campaign of support on behalf of
your work among non-German speaking developers. Tell him to stop that,
it's misleading of him to do that.
Sorry, but I can't see anything misleading by oui's opening post.

Who am I to tell people/users/forum members what to do or not to do? :wink:
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

oui

#9 Post by oui »

see pls

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=100263

an other new LazY Puppy in GERMAN

Germanists pls, have a look at it!