Speak-Pup Version 0.001

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
djringjr

#31 Post by djringjr »

Right when the start screen is shown in Puppy there are boot parameters written there.

You can enter them by entering the boot image (puppy) and the parameter you need:

puppy [parameters] [Enter]

The drivers could be listed there to load but they won't be stored and saved. People will have to load them each time.

dfh

Alsa Conf

#32 Post by dfh »

Trobin wrote:let me know how it works.
Thanks.
ok, I tried "alsaconf" at the command line and it works. the wizard finds my sound drivers and I just hit enter a few times to confirm its findings. The settings don't seem to be saved after I quit my session, though. That's ok; it's not a problem to repeat this process. At least it does give consistent results.

As for Brltty, I can't seem to load this for some reason. The command is not recognized. I don't know if my USB device isn't recognized or if there is a glitch somewhere else ...

Trobin

#33 Post by Trobin »

Thanks for the response, and I'm glad the alsaconf thing is working, though I have no idea why the settings aren't being saved. As for brltty, I'm sure I stuck it into that version.

I'm just about ready to make a new iso. i'll make sure that brltty is in it. I'll probably need a lot of help with it though.