booting

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
kapper

booting

#1 Post by kapper »

I have had two similar experiences installing puppy where I used gpartage to create a partition and then used the puppy installer to install puppy frugal to that partition. In one case I was used grub4dos and the other case I used grub. In the first case I repeasted the process of creating a partition ( actually this was an additional partition ) and repeated the install, this time puppy boots. The second case at first proceeded in the same manner; but instead of creating a new partition I used fdisk x p to look at the partition table and was suprised to find the the entry for the partition that I wanted to use showed no offset. In my previous experience there was always an offset. I change the partition to include an offset and ran the frugal install once again. The system is now installed. I would like to know if I have found something of significance and if so where would the be the right place to report the finding.