pupsave.2fs not loading

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
hendrikus

pupsave.2fs not loading

#1 Post by hendrikus »

Some user questions

Startdust 007 was the only puppy worked out of the box on Compaq cq020 and hpmini... great... but it doesn't load the saved pupsave.2fs after reboot. Means that documents are lost. When I open the USB drive it shows the file in the correct size.

I created the USB using unetbootin and already changed initrd=/initrd.gz pmedia=usb pfix=ram

I downloaded go00432.sfs and placed it in the root directory, but also this program doesn't load. Do I need to upload another go file?

Thanks in advanced

runtt21

#2 Post by runtt21 »

pfix=ram Your telling it to load strait into ram without loading any .sfs that includes the pup save file.

hendrikus

Solved

#3 Post by hendrikus »

Thanks a lot,
runtt21 wrote:pfix=ram Your telling it to load strait into ram without loading any .sfs that includes the pup save file.
I just followed the installation instruction:
BE AWARE!!!!
If you have Puppy installed, you MUST run this with the prefix 'puppy pfix=ram'. Else, the Stardust desktop will not install.
Is that only needed when you start Stardust007 the first time?

I changed it and the pupsave.2fs is loaded now, the openoffice doesn't work, maybe because it's for 432.

Regards Hendrikus

runtt21

#4 Post by runtt21 »

Try moving the gooo432.sfs to mnt/home then the next time you boot it should ask you if you want it to load at boot up.

hendrikus

#5 Post by hendrikus »

Hi
runtt21 wrote:Try moving the gooo432.sfs to mnt/home then the next time you boot it should ask you if you want it to load at boot up.
Thats what I did, when I reboot the system I got the question to install, thats what I did, rebooted again, but can't find OpenOffice, not in the menu, not on the desktop, and even not show in the Pmenu program to add it to the menu.

I try to download the 3-puppy pet OpenOffice now..... maybe that works.

Thanks

runtt21

#6 Post by runtt21 »

before you do that look in /usr/share /applications and see if the .desktop files are there for the parts of OO , If they are see if they will launch by clicking on them.

hendrikus

#7 Post by hendrikus »

No, there no OpenOffice or something similar in /usr/share /applications, when I start the system it doesnt load it either, the file gooo432.sfs is still in mnt/home......

runtt21

#8 Post by runtt21 »

The only other thing to do is to mount the .sfs by clicking on it , Then copy all the file over to your system where they go . For example if there is stuff in /bin in the .sfs put it in /bin in your system. Be sure to check for hidden files. After you finish that open the .desktop files to see what the commands are to launch stuff and run each one from the terminal to see if you need any extra dependencies .