Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 16 Oct 2018, 13:38
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
ChurchPup
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 17 of 17 [243 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 15, 16, 17
ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 16:33    Post subject:  

Subito Piano wrote:
Hi! Yeah, i think i was the last one working with ChurchPup. I dropped any further development of it partly because i didn't want to distribute something with potentially illegal codecs (after all, it's a Christian Edition!!!) -- Also, the newest Puppy is SOOO easy to configure and BibleTime is available for it (although WHO KNOWS how to make the icons appear???!?!) -- using Wine to add BP Bible or TheWord is easy enough, though....

...anywho, if someone wants a copy of the old RC2 edition of ChurchPup for themselves, or a bloated version based on 4.2 with a working BibleTime, simply PM me. As long as i'm not really "distributing" it i'm fine with the codecs issue.

Also, there is a version of ProCon Latte available for SeaMonkey, a nice feature. Lemme know if you can't find it.

Blessings!

hi Subito Piano how's life been Smile
I wouldn't as bibletime goes on 5 series, well with 5 series they are pretty lazy with packages, They usually use repackage bloated ubuntu packages as pets, I compiled a wack of them for them just for that reason. So we would have some more traditional package sizes. And well this is a fine extample
Bibletime on puppy 5 is 28MB pet
Xiphos/Gnome Sword compiled on 2.14X is 3.3MB
Bibletime/Gnomesword has always been around the same size. Now that Ximphos is qt based I compiled it statically saving 25MB.
As Codec's goes I don't think its a biggy, nobody has ever been charged over it, hmmm you do know MS has the patents for mouse control also and if they wanted to enforce that, then mac/linux would be keyboard driven only, somethings are just not relevant. Hmmm does MS own the rights to the windows key on just about every keyboard? If so does that mean if its not being used on windows machine then does that make it illegal also? so basically we would have to use a light pens to operate pc's? no mouse, no keyboard.
Like I said I wouldn't worry much about it Smile
ttuuxxx

Subito Piano

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 17:24    Post subject:  

Thanks for the affirmation, Jim! Smile Yeah...there's more to life than Linux...i'm now the principal at our little Christian school (translation: life is a BLUR) -- i do miss the forums and experimenting and such. Right now most of what i do computer-wise is install Mint or Puppy for desperate people...usually the only people who are open to Linux, unfortunately!
Subito Piano

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 17:37    Post subject:  

Oh! Hey Ttuuxxx!! Whatta help you've been over the years to me (and tons of others). Wild about BibleTime bloat compared to Xiphos. As for codecs, i realized they were fine for me to use as i know i'm not trying to pirate DVDs, but i myself am not sure i feel right distributing...not to put that on anybody else who believes differently (here in the US or wherever). Anyway, good to see you're still around. Very Happy
Page 17 of 17 [243 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 15, 16, 17
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: