Pcdripper-3.9.4

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Wolf Pup

#16 Post by Wolf Pup »

plinej, could you add the option joint stereo to mp3?
[img]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8595/ubd6467dp2.png[/img]
[url=http://www.tinyurl.com/54tu74]Visit The Repository[/url] - Helpful and hard-to-find treats for Puppy 3.
[url=http://www.tinyurl.com/c5a68f]Click Here for Puppy Support Chat, + Helpful Links.[/url]

plinej

#17 Post by plinej »

3.4 is up

When mp3 stereo is selected the output will be joint stereo instead of simple stereo.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#18 Post by Flash »

I wanted to see if Pcdripper also converts .wav files to .mp3 (32kbps mono). I filled out all the boxes, but then couldn't find a way to start it. How do I tell Pcdripper to go?

plinej

#19 Post by plinej »

It only rips a cd and then encodes. There's no way for it to convert wav files already on your hard drive. You can use my pawdioconverter app for that if you want a gui.

Wolf Pup

#20 Post by Wolf Pup »

Wine and MediaCoder work real well with converting audio.
[img]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8595/ubd6467dp2.png[/img]
[url=http://www.tinyurl.com/54tu74]Visit The Repository[/url] - Helpful and hard-to-find treats for Puppy 3.
[url=http://www.tinyurl.com/c5a68f]Click Here for Puppy Support Chat, + Helpful Links.[/url]

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#21 Post by Flash »

Thanks, plinej. Pawdioconverter's inability to handle spaces in the path to the save destination sometimes causes me problems, so I hoped Pcdripper did mp3 conversion. Ah, well...

plinej

#22 Post by plinej »

Do you have the last version of pawdioconverter installed? I'm not sure what it is, you'll have to search the forum. I didn't know there was a space issue, then again I don't name directories with spaces.

ravensrest

Pcdripper 3.4

#23 Post by ravensrest »

plinej wrote:3.3 is now posted
I have downloaded, installed and am now trying your version 3.4
I have found a number of small problems:

1. At the start of each track, sometimes before the paranoia copyright, sometimes after, the following:
Warning: Illegal comment used (" "), ignoring

if it is after the copyright, it is accompanied by:

couldn't disable kernel command translation layer

2. If you interrupt the program, or (apparently) when it completes a rip operation, it does not kill itself, but remains in the background. I needed to use Pprocess manager to get rid of it.

As a consequence (I think), it does not remember the target directory, and, in fact, will erase it if I manually insert the target in the savedir file

3. Often it will not restart from the menu. If I try to run it in a terminal, I get this:

**ERROR**:gtkdialog: Error inline 49 '<label>': syntax error aborting....

4. The dialog box regarding checking online database does not disappear after it has done so.

5. When I select icedax as the ripper, I get a dialog box telling me the controller returns wrong page type 2E no mmc

I appreciate what you are doing, and hope you can get these niggling details corrected.

BS

plinej

#24 Post by plinej »

When I get a chance I'll do some more work on it.

plinej

#25 Post by plinej »

One thing I recall is that zigbert mentioned the shutdown via x'ing out the application instead of using quit from the menu is a gtkdialog bug. The solution would be using quit from the menu. This only occurs in gtkdialog scripts that use the menu function.

plinej

#26 Post by plinej »

Okay I fixed bug # 4. I can't reproduce #'s 3 & 5. It seems like I remember # 3 previously but may have fixed it in the past. All I know is I use this program alot and haven't had it happen in quite a while. As for # 2, I just ripped a cd and when it completed no processes were still running in the background. # 1 is output from cdparanoia, in my case I get the kernel message on every rip but it still rips the cd fine. I'm guessing some of the problems you're having are from x'ing out of it instead of using the quit button.

I did also add a quit button in the upper right so you can use that or the quit button in the menu to exit the program properly. I'll post 3.5 in a few minutes. Try it out and report back.

plinej

#27 Post by plinej »

3.5 is up

ravensrest

re: Pcdripper-3.5

#28 Post by ravensrest »

plinej wrote:Okay I fixed bug # 4. I can't reproduce #'s 3 & 5. It seems like I remember # 3 previously but may have fixed it in the past. All I know is I use this program alot and haven't had it happen in quite a while. As for # 2, I just ripped a cd and when it completed no processes were still running in the background. # 1 is output from cdparanoia, in my case I get the kernel message on every rip but it still rips the cd fine. I'm guessing some of the problems you're having are from x'ing out of it instead of using the quit button.

I did also add a quit button in the upper right so you can use that or the quit button in the menu to exit the program properly. I'll post 3.5 in a few minutes. Try it out and report back.
Jason, I really appreciate your rapid response. I downloaded 3.5. I like the "Quit" button.

It appears that a number of my problems aren't with your script, but with Dingo 394. I just installed Pcdripper in Puppy 3.01, and it works flawlessly (except for #1)!

Below is the problems I'm having with 394. Please don't waste any time on them, but do have a look at #6, #7, and #8.

Here's what I have with 394:

#1 -- same result as you; present but works
#2 -- agreed. I may have misinterpretted what I was looking at
#4 -- fixed as you stated
#5 -- it exists, but not really a problem for me because I use cdparanoia
#3 -- This is only really serious problem I am having and it seems related to a series of behaviors. Sometimes the program appears not to start from menu, but will from rxvt. Usually after 2 or 3 "normal" starts from menu it won't restart from menu. If I try to restart from rxtv, it may start or the gtk error may occur. Then, I can either reboot, or switch back and forth between menu and rxvt attempts until it starts. To get around this, I added this bit of code right above your final "exit 0":

Xdialog --title "Pcdripper repeat" --no-tags --no-label "Quit" \
--yesno "Do you want to rip another? \n" 0 0
case $? in
0) pcdripper;;
1) exit 0;;
esac

Even when your script appears not to run, my dialog box pops up, so it is in fact running. I can then hit yes to try again. If it still doesn't start, I just keep hitting "yes" until it does. If it starts successfully following a previous start, the values that I entered for the target directory and check boxes are preserved. If it does not restart on the first try, then when it finally does, the check boxes have their default values and the target directory is blank -- note, blank, not /root. I don't even see how that is possible from your code.

6. Could you make either the downloaded CDDB data or the executable script editable? Some CD titles have quotation marks in them which totally screws up the script for that title.

7. Could you add the gtk equivalent of my Xdialog box to let us run mulitiple rips? Or just pop up the main gui again and let us quit from there?

8. I use name-artist format for the target file names. For reasons that aren't clear to me, sometimes (randomly?) there is a space between the name and the "-" separating it from the artist. Even on the same CD. Can you strip off any trailing spaces? I checked and they are not present in the downloaded CDDB names.

Your program is about to become my main ripper and encoder. That is why I am taking so much time with it. If I can help out in any way, I will be more than happy to.

BTW, I am using Dingo 394, gtkdialog3, cdparanioa, oggenc, rxvt.

BS

plinej

#29 Post by plinej »

Thanks for the feedback. I'll work some more on it this week. I'm also using Dingo and don't encounter the same problems as you are. icedax & cdda2wav work fine for me. It may be something with your drive. I'll have to do some googling on your error message.

ravensrest

#30 Post by ravensrest »

plinej wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I'll work some more on it this week. I'm also using Dingo and don't encounter the same problems as you are. icedax & cdda2wav work fine for me. It may be something with your drive. I'll have to do some googling on your error message.
I've got another request or two for you that would make your script a bit more user friendly than it already is:

A. Record the settings of the radio buttons
B. Record the preferred drive in the combo box
C. When changing target directory, default to the previous directory in the target selection box
D. When doing manual tags, have the current artist and album fields default to the next tag

I switched from dingo 394 barebones to 398 seamonkey and your software runs impeccably in it. Nice job!

BS

plinej

#31 Post by plinej »

I didn't see your last post but I'll work more on some of your suggestions. I did find and fix a couple of bugs, I also worked on your previous requests.

3.6 is up now.

ravensrest

#32 Post by ravensrest »

plinej wrote:I didn't see your last post but I'll work more on some of your suggestions. I did find and fix a couple of bugs, I also worked on your previous requests.

3.6 is up now.
So far, so good with 3.6. I like it a bunch. Hope you do accomodate some of my other requests. So far I have ripped over 70 disks with your scripts!

Regards,
BS

plinej

#33 Post by plinej »

Great, glad it's getting used. I've ripped quite a bit with it too. I will try and work on it some more next week.

disciple

#34 Post by disciple »

Flash is right, and pawdioconverter doesn't work with spaces in paths (unless you've fixed it lately).
It would be nice if that was fixed - I looked at it back when I fixed it in pfind and the trash roxapp, but pawdioconverter was just too daunting for me :)
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

plinej

#35 Post by plinej »

I haven't used it in a while but I'll add it to the list of things to work on. I don't know how much time I want to put into it though. I'd almost rather start over from scratch on that one.