Penggy Puppy - Dialup program

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
lostdog

#31 Post by lostdog »

Well, would you believe that I am typing this in puppy, AND, I am connected to netscape?

It was that modem after all. I guess I won't be dealing with the store that I bought it from anymore.

Thanks again mouldy. :x :x :x :x
The truth is out there.

mouldy

#32 Post by mouldy »

Congradulations, however if your first modem worked in windows and was a hardware modem, it should have worked with linux. Did you ever do a search with your modem model and word 'linux'? I imagine if you had problems with that model under linux, somebody else did also. Oh well, glad your new modem lets you use Puppy.

lostdog

#33 Post by lostdog »

Did you ever do a search with your modem model and word 'linux'?
I looked for a while, but I was so disgusted with it that I just went out and bought the new one that I wanted. I was eventually going to buy a v.92 modem anyway. The USR modem was v.90.

Thanks again mouldy.
[/quote]
The truth is out there.

lostdog

#34 Post by lostdog »

When I opened the BestData modem the fact that it doesn't have an on-off switch kind of bothered me. Then I discovered that it has auto on-off. it turns itself on and off as needed. That's pretty cool. :o :D
The truth is out there.

lostdog

#35 Post by lostdog »

ok. I've noticed that this thread ahs had 932 views, so I guess others are having problems with netscape. All I can tell you is that when I got the new modem, I just entered the phone number, username and password, then clicked on connect. the next thing I knew, I was logged onto Netscape. :?
The truth is out there.

lostdog

#36 Post by lostdog »

ok. I've noticed that this thread ahs had 932 views, so I guess others are having problems with netscape. All I can tell you is that when I got the new modem, I just entered the phone number, username (username@netscape.com) and password, then clicked on connect. the next thing I knew, I was logged onto Netscape. :?
The truth is out there.

Subito Piano

#37 Post by Subito Piano »

Hi!! I'm looking for that Penngy4Puppy.tar.gz file but it's notto be found...any ideas? Thanks!

Subito Piano

#38 Post by Subito Piano »

I'm answering my own question -- ttuxxx recompiled the whole penggy program. you'll find it at this thread.