pBurn 4.3.19

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Nathan F

#376 Post by Nathan F »

In the box_chooser script -

Code: Select all

<chooser>
   <height>500</height><width>600</width>
   <variable>CHOOSER</variable>
   <action>EXIT:OK</action>
  </chooser>
The <action>EXIT:OK</action> line is my addition and allows the user to doubleclick on a file rather than having to press the OK button. A small timesaver for the user.

I was thinking, why not change the entrybox for the file chooser, which shows the path and allows you to enter a path to jump to, to a combobox and add in the user's gtk bookmarks? Perhaps even add in their ROX-Filer bookmarks too? That would make it quick and easy to navigate to places they go to often. I may do some experimentation with the idea.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

Nathan F

#377 Post by Nathan F »

Well it was a nice idea, and I could have made it work except that currently gtkdialog's combobox can't accept a command for input.

<combobox><input>ls</input></combobox>
That should create a combobox with an item for each file in the current dir (as in the gtkdialog examples) but it creates an empty combobox. So that feature is broken in gtkdialog.

I have another idea which I think I may be able to implement though - mime icons in the file selector. The tree widget, I recently discovered, can accept an extra parameter to the input tag - icon_column="0", so when you build the tree you tack on an icon like so -

gtk-directory|..
gtk-directory|some-subdirectory/
gtk-file|some-file
If you understand gtkdialog somewhat the picture should be understandable. You get a tree widget with the ability to specify the icon to go next to each item in the tree. That would add a little visual distinction between filetypes in the file selector, just like in the regular gtk+ file chooser widget.

I'd still like to figure out a way to implement the bookmarks idea, but can't think of another reasonable way to do it that wouldn't clutter up the interface too much. The regular gtk+ file chooser widget puts the bookmarks in a tree format with the label "Places" but adding another tree would take up too much room in the interface, which is why I wanted to do it with the combobox widget. Perhaps a menu widget, placed inside the <hbox> along with the path entry and "Go" button? Just little button that when you click on it you get a drop down menu with your gtk bookmarks. But gtkdialog limits you to using a text label for a menu rather than an icon, and a small icon would be better for that purpose. Well, I'm playing with the concept a little bit right now.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

Nathan F

#378 Post by Nathan F »

OK, got something here. Just a little button next to the path entry box (see 1st screenshot) which opens a dropdown menu with your gtk bookmarks (2nd screenshot). Makes jumping from one directory to another in pburn quick and easy. Choose an item from the drop down menu and the path associated with that bookmark is loaded in the path entry box. Diff file included (func_gui is the only file modified).

Nathan
Attachments
pburn-bookmarks1.png
Bookmarks closed
(8.5 KiB) Downloaded 750 times
pburn-bookmarks2.png
Bookmarks open
(22.56 KiB) Downloaded 764 times
bookmarks.diff.gz
Diff file to add gtk bookmarks to pburn file selector
(787 Bytes) Downloaded 385 times
Bring on the locusts ...

Nathan F

#379 Post by Nathan F »

Hmm, I wonder should clicking on a bookmark just update the path entry box, or should it make the browser jump right to that directory? Any comments?

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

zigbert

#380 Post by zigbert »

Hi Nathan

I have added the bookmarks. Will be in 1.9.5. Thanks a lot for your contributions.

2byte has worked hard to fix a major bug, so we need a new release soon.

I upgraded box_chooser with EXIT:OK, but couldn't see any changes. I am not able to doubleclick to activate. Are you using a newer gtk?

icon_column="0" sounds interesting. :D

Sigmund

zigbert

#381 Post by zigbert »

Nathan

Made a quick test with the <tree icon_column="0">, but couldn't get it to work. Have you?

Sigmund

Nathan F

#382 Post by Nathan F »

Sigmud -

The icon_column attribute actually goes iside the input tag, like so:

<input icon_column=\"0\">some commad to build the tree</input>
Seems counterintuitive to me also but that's how it works.

I also noticed a mistake in my own code. I specified an icon which is not available in Puppy since I have the Tango theme installed. Each istance in my patch which specifies icon=\"folder\" should specify "gtk-directory" for the icon instead. And I plan to revise the code slightly so that the Desktop entry only shows up if there actually IS a Desktop folder in $HOME.

The gtk+ on my system is actually somewhat older than in Pup4. Not sure why the doubleclick works for me and not for you. I wonder if this is a problem accross the board, because I use a doubleclick in my wallpaper setter, also in a chooser widget, to apply an image to the desktop.
Thanks a lot for your contributions.
Of course my friend. Thanks for Pburn, Pfilesearch, Pfind, Pstopwatch, etc. And for all the tips I've garnered out of your code the last couple months.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

zigbert

#383 Post by zigbert »

Nathan

Yes, I got the icons now. Thanks!!! Browsing becomes a bit slower, so I'll see if I keep the icons for Pburn 2. I looks absolutely better.
Thanks for Pburn, Pfilesearch, Pfind, Pstopwatch, etc.
I have only one thing to say: Watch out for more!
Attachments
pmusic.png
(28.36 KiB) Downloaded 577 times

Nathan F

#384 Post by Nathan F »

Yes, I got the icons now. Thanks!!! Browsing becomes a bit slower, so I'll see if I keep the icons for Pburn 2. I looks absolutely better.
You beat me to it, but that's OK. Another thought, if it does slow down the browser then it could be made configurable in the preferences dialog. Slightly more complicated code, better looking and more intuitive for users with fast eough processors. No change for those who don't want the icons.

That music player looks really interesting. Are you actually developing a music player using gtkdialog? That's more than I ever thought to attempt :shock:

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

disciple

#385 Post by disciple »

I am curious as to why you see the need for a gtkdialog music player? Do you think it might be able to replace Gxine? Or is it for fun?
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

zigbert

#386 Post by zigbert »

If Gxine fills your need, you don't need Pmusic. But if you
- think that Gxine handles playlists badly
- want to index your music for faster and more flexible song-handling
- want a more Puppy-integrated music manager
- want to enable multiple playlists
- think wxMusik or other are just too big or that they only accept english chars

Pmusic is only 30kb and have NO other dependencies that already are in Puppy 4.

And yes, it is a fun project.....Let's see how far we can push gtkdialog. :)

Sigmund

zigbert

#387 Post by zigbert »

Version 1.9.5 is uploaded
See main post

2byte has been VERY helpful with a major bugfix. Pburn now handles DVD+RW and multisession burning.

Nathan has done some magic with the browser. Take a look.

Thanks!
Sigmund

Nathan F

#388 Post by Nathan F »

The icons in the browser look great :D . Glad to have been able to help in some small way. Browsing doesn't seem too terribly slow on my machine, but maybe a slower processor might have more difficulty.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

disciple

#389 Post by disciple »

OK, two issues (using Puppy 4.0):

1. The first bug I reported here is present still/again.

2. Also I see lots of

(gtkdialog3:21856): Gtk-WARNING **: could not load image: Icon '' not present in theme
I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Are we supposed to just have two icons, one for a folder, and the other for any type of file? If so, I don't think there is a problem, because everything has one of the two icons.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

zigbert

#390 Post by zigbert »

dicsiple

1. Let's try one more time :)
2. This is not a bug, as long as icons show up in Pburns browser and burnlist (in data mode). I don't know how to redirect gtkdialog output to /dev/null, to prevent all this errors coming to terminal. The icons are fetched from the gtk-icon-theme, and cannot be freely set. So it is rather limited amount of icons. At last it is also a speed issue.

Thanks for feedback
Sigmund

dinky

copy/shrink still buggy

#391 Post by dinky »

Hi matey, looking good, but still an error with the dvd copy/shrink option. Haven't tried it starting from a read-only device yet, but when it copies from the burner device, it messes up the video name. See the output below from the start and ending of the process.

[Hint] You use -i. Normally this is not necessary, vobcopy finds the input dir by itself. This option is only there if vobcopy makes trouble.
[Hint] If vobcopy makes trouble, please mail me so that I can fix this (robos@muon.de). Thanks
[Error] Please don't use -i /dev/something in this version, only the next version will support this again.
[Hint] Please use the mount point instead (/cdrom, /dvd, /mnt/dvd or something)
Vobcopy 1.1.0 - GPL Copyright (c) 2001 - 2007 robos@muon.de
[Hint] All lines starting with "libdvdread:" are not from vobcopy but from the libdvdread-library

[Info] Path to dvd: /dev/hdc
[Info] There are 6 titles on this DVD.
[Info] There are 32 chapters on the dvd.
[Info] Most chapters has title 1 with 24 chapters.

[Info] There are 6 angles on this dvd.
[Info] Used the linux statfs
[Info] In freespace_getter:for /mnt/hdb1/ : 10039808000 free
[Info] In freespace_getter:bavail 2451125 * bsize 4096 = above
[Info] Using Title: 1
[Info] Title has 24 chapters and 1 angles
[Info] Using Chapter: 1
[Info] Using Angle: 1
libdvdread: Error cracking CSS key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB (0x00000130)
[Info] Vob_size was 0

[Info] DVD-name: NO_RESERVATIONS

[Info] Your-name for the dvd: NO_RESERVATIONS
[Info] Used the linux statfs
[Info] In freespace_getter:for /mnt/hdb1/ : 10039808000 free
[Info] In freespace_getter:bavail 2451125 * bsize 4096 = above

[Info] Outputting to /mnt/hdb1/the_video_you_wanted1.vob
   0MB of 2862MB written (0 %)
   0MB of 2862MB written (0 %)

2861MB of 2862MB written (100 %)
2862MB of 2862MB written (100 %)
2862MB of 2862MB written (100 %)
2862MB of 2862MB written ( 100.0 %)
[Info] max_filesize_in_blocks  4901226 
[Info] offset at the end  1465297 
[Info] file_size_in_blocks  1465297 
[Info] Single file size (of copied file /mnt/hdb1/the_video_you_wanted1.vob ) 3000928256
[Info] Cumulated size 3000928256
[Info] Successfully copied file /mnt/hdb1/the_video_you_wanted1.vob
[Info] # of separate files: 1

[Info] Copying finished! Let's see if the sizes match (roughly)
[Info] Combined size of title-vobs: 3000928256 (2862 MB)
[Info] Copied size (size on disk):  3000928256 (2862 MB)
[Info] Everything seems to be fine, the sizes match pretty good ;-)
[Hint] Have a lot of fun!
du: cannot access `/mnt/hdb1/NO_RESERVATIONS1.vob': No such file or directory
(standard_in) 1: syntax error
mv: cannot rename '/mnt/hdb1/NO_RESERVATIONS1.vob': No such file or directory
DVDAuthor::dvdauthor, version 0.6.14.
Build options: gnugetopt iconv freetype fribidi
Send bugs to <dvdauthor-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

INFO: dvdauthor creating VTS
STAT: Picking VTS 01

STAT: Processing /mnt/hdb1/NO_RESERVATIONS1-shrank.vob...
ERR:  Error opening /mnt/hdb1/NO_RESERVATIONS1-shrank.vob: No such file or directory
DVDAuthor::dvdauthor, version 0.6.14.
Build options: gnugetopt iconv freetype fribidi
Send bugs to <dvdauthor-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

INFO: dvdauthor creating table of contents
ERR:  No .IFO files to process

zigbert

#392 Post by zigbert »

Hi Dinky
Good to see you here

from the vobcopy output, there is a line:
libdvdread: Error cracking CSS key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB (0x00000130)
It seems that vobcopy calls libdvdread, and gets errors in return. I guess this is the reason for the change of filename. From /mnt/hdb1/NO_RESERVATIONS1.vob to /mnt/hdb1/the_video_you_wanted1.vob. The-video-you-wanted is not set by Pmusic, so this must be a vobcopy issue.

Maybe you could contact the vobcopy developer(s).
Sigmund

dinky

#393 Post by dinky »

Am not sure I understand what to tell the vobcopy developers... could you explain this a bit further? Also, you mentioned pmusic, which I don't have installed, as it's not mentioned in your dependencies list. Do I need this?
~dinky

zigbert

#394 Post by zigbert »

Sorry about Pmusic, - I'm just wrong focused. (rather common to me :) )

If you could run ONLY vobcopy, and libdvdread doesn't decrypt the movie, gxine will not view the movie properly. If this is what happens to you, it would be good to know in why libdvdread fails. But this is not vobcopy errors, so maybe google 'libdvdread: Error cracking CSS key'

Ok, - google, google ... 1390 hits ... you are not alone

Good luck
Sigmund

dinky

#395 Post by dinky »

Hi Sigmund... I'm still confused. Firstly, Xine-ui, based on the xine engine, the same as Gxine, can read "the_video_you_wanted1.vob" with no trouble whatsoever. So it would seem that decryption is working. Also, to my limited knowledge this would appear a naming error... what programs are working to create both the 'real' name of the dvd, and the other one? We can deal with the libdvdread error later, for the moment it appears to be working... what concerns me is the showstopping naming error... while I don't mind googling or contacting developers, I really don't understand where to start... what programs are you running to give this error?
~dinky