pBurn 4.3.19

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Nathan F

#331 Post by Nathan F »

Working now, thanks.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

zigbert

#332 Post by zigbert »

Version 1.9.1
See main post

ttuuxxx

#333 Post by ttuuxxx »

zigbert wrote:Version 1.9.1
See main post
Hi Zigibert

Just wondering about the dvd features, Can it turn a dvd 9 to one dvd 5 disk? Like remove subtitles, Menus, extra audio, extra features? and only have the movie? That way you get the best quality and it saves me from pressing all the buttons and watching the stupid ads at the start of the movie every time my daughter wants to watch a movie.
Thanks for all you've done, Pburn is the best puppy burner period and almost the best for all of Linux, But for the size of it and what it can do, Pburn wins hands down.
Great product
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

zigbert

#334 Post by zigbert »

Can it turn a dvd 9 to one dvd 5 disk? Like remove subtitles, Menus, extra audio, extra features? and only have the movie?
I have to admit, I don't know 'anything' about video-copying. What is the difference between dvd 9 and dvd 5? :oops: But YES, you guess you can...

ttuuxxx

#335 Post by ttuuxxx »

zigbert wrote:
Can it turn a dvd 9 to one dvd 5 disk? Like remove subtitles, Menus, extra audio, extra features? and only have the movie?
I have to admit, I don't know 'anything' about video-copying. What is the difference between dvd 9 and dvd 5? :oops: But YES, you guess you can...
Dvd9 is dual layer almost twice the size of dvd5
That way they can added extra features
-Behind the scenes
-Out-takes
-Internet stuff
-Alternative endings
Plus ads etc

when you remove all the extras from a dvd9 you usually get a bit over dvd5 about an extra 5-20% o the quality goes down just a bit, not really noticeable. And it saves you from splitting a movie into 2 dvd5 disk.
Plus you just put the movie in and it starts straight away, no need for menu selecting with the remote. Its just a lot nicer.
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

zigbert

#336 Post by zigbert »

Thanks for info.
Now I can answer your question....

Yes, Pburn can copy from dvd 9 to dvd 5 :)

Sigmund

maddox

#337 Post by maddox »

sorry to disturb the topic,
Has anyone tried Pburn with DVD+R / RW media (plus R media) and had succes ?
... a few tried it in the french section and it didn't work for them..
- but it was an earlier version of Pburn, any diff with the most recent version now ?

btw zigbert, you've spent a lot of time & effort to make Pburn a great multi-purpose burning prog for puppy :)
and many thanks to all the other contributors...

zigbert

#338 Post by zigbert »

It would be good if the DVD+R rw issue are testet on the latest Pburn, and then give further info if it doesn't work. I'm very interesting in getting it all right for the big 2.0.0.

Sigmund

Nathan F

#339 Post by Nathan F »

Zigbert - I've been testing Pburn with audio cd creation. Works pretty well but I thought a couple things could be tweaked a bit. First I would suggest that "normalize" not be applied by default, because it takes quite a bit longer when it is run. Second, and this was also the case with Grafburn, Pburn copies each audio file into the temp storage before decoding to .wav, which until I had a really slow hard drive didn't seem like a problem. Well, I now have a REALLY slow hard drive and it takes forever, during which time the program just hangs. My solution is to symlink rather than copy. Also uses less temp storage this way. Here's the relavent lines, from func_build_command starting @130:

Code: Select all

# move all files to the tempdir
	for FILE in `ls -1 $TMPDIR | tr ' ' '%' | grep --extended-regexp ".mp3|.ogg|.wav|.wma$FLAC$MAC$FAAD"`
	do
	 FNAME="`echo $FILE | tr '%' ' '`"
	 ln -s "${TMPDIR}/${FNAME}" "$AUDIODIR"
	done
The only potential problem is if a file has a '%' sign already in it, as I am using "tr ' ' '%'" to handle spaces, perhaps you know a better way. This sequence replaces all of the "cp $TMPDIR/*.[format]" lines that previously took that space. Also, the variables FLAC, MAC, and FAAD must be changed as follows:

# Check for various extra programs
	if [ "`which flac`" ]; then FLAC="|.flac"; else FLAC=""; fi
	if [ "`which mac`" ]; then MAC="|.mac"; else MAC=""; fi
	if [ "`which faad`" ]; then FAAD="|.m4a|.mp4"; else FAAD=""; fi
This is just above the other sequence in the script.

Also, there is no feedback during the conversion as the output is being sent to /dev/null. I sent it instead to the log file and it seems to work OK at least for flac files, but there is some error doing this with mp3.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

zigbert

#340 Post by zigbert »

Thanks Nathan
Disciple has wanted this for a while. I will test it, and maybe use the same method for video files.

zigbert

#341 Post by zigbert »

Pburn Themes

Howto build a Pburn theme

No theme

Pburn-original (89 kb)

Frost (81 kb)

Mini (13 kb)
Last edited by zigbert on Thu 04 Nov 2010, 17:25, edited 2 times in total.

zigbert

#342 Post by zigbert »

Nathan
I have joined your code. Dougal learned me how to read the output and don't use space as a deliminater.

# move all files to the tempdir
ls -1 $TMPDIR | grep --extended-regexp ".mp3|.ogg|.wav|.wma$FLAC$MAC$FAAD" > $WORKDIR/pburn-tmp
while read I; do
    ln -s "${TMPDIR}/${I}" "$AUDIODIR"
done < $WORKDIR/pburn-tmp
here, spaces in filenames does not need to be converted. But please tell me. Why "${TMPDIR}/${I}" instead of "$TMPDIR/$I". What does the brackets mean.

Thanks a lot for your input!
Sigmund

zigbert

#343 Post by zigbert »

Version 1.9.2
See main post

Nathan F

#344 Post by Nathan F »

The brackets are just habit of mine and probably not required in this case. And thanks for the tip about the spaces, I will try that method and probably end up using it in other such cases.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

dinky

Weird bug in 1.9.2

#345 Post by dinky »

Weird bug in 1.9.2....

Just installed it, and when I opened it the first few times, I get a dialogue saying "hei", and after clicking on "ok" pfilefind opens. After closing Pfilefind pburn opens normally, and looks great. The last time I did this I clicked "search", even though I had entered nothing to search. Exited without finding anything, and now when I start pburn it opens normally. What the heck is going on? I'm adding this to my TigerPup pupplet, and don't want to include something that opens pfilefind randomly the first few times it's opened... any thoughts on this? OPtherwise, looks great.
~dinky

edit: possibly could be caused by not updating pfilesearch to 1.7... was originally using 1.5.

Another bug: couldn't fully test the dvd copy as I don't have a blank dvd at present, but when using 2 dvd drives, i.e. a dvd read only and dvd write, pburn won't initially recognize the disc in the dvd read only drive, but insists on it being put in the dvd write drive initially. After that, it's possible to take it out of that drive, put it in the read-only drive, and use the write drive to burn the copy... only I haven't tried the burning function yet. Looks good though. I really like the ease of use feature allowing you to use the same drive for burning as was originally read from, however it needs to be able to do both. Cheers

zigbert

#346 Post by zigbert »

Hei dinky :)

Hei is norwegian and means hello. I use it as checkpoints in the code to follow data flow. It is not intended to exist in released code, But this time it was useful. The 'hei' pointed to pfilesearch -i, which was introduced in pfilesearch 1.6.

I'll see if it is possible to check all optical drives for a valid DVD-video, and use that as the read-only drive.

Thanks for the report.
Sigmund

dinky

#347 Post by dinky »

Hi Zigbert, still testing, but here is what I've found so far:

By default, your tmp file for dvd copying is /mnt/sda6/tmp. This does not exist on my machine, I had to set it to /mnt/home/tmp, where I had enough space.

Haven't tried it with burning from the same drive, but burning from 2 seperate drives doesn't work properly. Am assuming it would be the same for simgle drives, but I'll have to test that later. Basically the .vob file of the movie copies beautifully (playable both in mplayer and xine), but is not written to disc. All that is written to disc are the audio and video folders, with nothing inside them.

Hitting "Emergency Cancel" doesn't cancel anything except the gui, had to kill the vobcopy process by hand to get out of it. That's all for now.
~dinky

zigbert

#348 Post by zigbert »

Hei Dinky

1. I'll set temporary storage to $HOME
2. Emergency STOP is fixed.

3. It seems that your DVD missed with the authoring of DVD-filesystem. Did you choose to shrink? Could you try to manually author the disc (see Pburn advanced tab for dvdauthor code). Does this work? Does it work with Pdvdrsab? The problem is that my system is so weak, that I have to do a DVD-copy manually - step by step, else it all freeze. This is rather troublesome when testing.

I'm very glad that you help testing Pburn.
Sigmund

zigbert

#349 Post by zigbert »

Version 1.9.3
See main post

dinky

#350 Post by dinky »

Hei Zigbert, very happy to help with testing. My only remaining link with kde was k9copy, a truly awesome dvd/shrink authoring program. Pburn is very promising, and is well on the way to replacing about 80% of k9copy's functionality. I'm not in huge need of the rest.

How do I use Pdvdrsab, and manually author the disc? (what commands should I try?) I used the shrink function, and was copying from a pressed dvd (store bought release) to a single layer dvd-RW. Happy to help however I can!
~dinky