TESTERS NEEDED FOR CHURCHPUP BETA

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
ttuuxxx

Gxine

#16 Post by ttuuxxx »

well as Gxine and puppy goes i personally think its a no go, Gxine has had major problems with Puppy 3.0 series and i stay away from it, but what does work is Xine, which is basically the base for Gxine. Xine works fine, i have used it in my previous Fire Hydrants without any problems reported. Plus you can get plugins, skins, addons, etc for it. Also Mplayer has been voted the best linux player of the year, I like Mplayer but i prefer Xine or VLC, since VLC can play some windows media streams straight out of the box. If you wanted to test the media players, try out my Fire Hydrant "Inferno" it has 5 media players, lol I just couldn't make up my mind, lol
www.ttuuxxx.com

PrairieDog

#17 Post by PrairieDog »

eccentric wrote:Hello,
Thanks for Church pup, but without PPPoE i like many others cannot access the internet. did you leave this out or have i missed it.

Michael an eccentric English gentleman.

P.S I am running 301a seamonkey to write to you.
Oh No!! I forgot PPPOE. Just an oversight,Michael,and I'm glad you caught it. I guess you really couldn't miss it if you use pppoe!

The pet package at Ibiblioftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributio ... tched2.pet
should install OK but I'll check it out as soon as I get a chance. (Getting ready for work right now)

I will rejoice in the God of my salvation

Mark

PS.That's confirmed Michael It does install. I was worried I had messed up the packages.txt file somehow but it seems OK. I'm unable to test it right away as I'm on dialup right now.I'll test it at home after work I have no idea what time that will be where you are but I'll keep you posted.

PrairieDog

Re: Gxine

#18 Post by PrairieDog »

ttuuxxx wrote: it has 5 media players, lol I just couldn't make up my mind
I hear you Brother!