Minisys-Linux Muppy008 (dec, 20, 2007) / SP3 (jan, 13, 2008)

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#31 Post by Béèm »

I copy the files from this iso to the /muppy008 directory, so it should be the good one.
I'll redo the operation in case something had gone wrong.

My machine is 256MB, hope I don't miss some bytes.

You speak about a patch.
Is this separately to be downloaded and then applied?

Bernard
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

MU

#32 Post by MU »

You speak about a patch.
Is this separately to be downloaded and then applied?
No, as it is included in the iso already.
I described the modifications here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=23381

Hm, maybe your PC uses shared memory and so acts different to mine.
But the message reminds me of the old, unpatched initrd.gz.
So I wonder, if a wrong one is used from another folder...
Can you boot from CD?

Mark

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#33 Post by Béèm »

I didn't create a CD.
I mount the iso.
I see the contents of the iso and I copy the needed files to the directory where muppy is meant to be.
I went the frugal way to avoid burning a CD every time.

This has worked so far for the 3.01, the 4.01 beta 2, and Dragon-pup.

Maybe the full 256MB isn't there due to sharing.

It is an IBM Thinkpad R40.
Right now the 4.01 beta 2 runs and strangely the hw info says memory 255404kB, which is 249MB.
So it seems I am missing 7MB. :shock:

Well I'll see tomorrow.
Time to go to sleep.
Last edited by Béèm on Tue 04 Dec 2007, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
Time savers:

MU

#34 Post by MU »

hm, I have no idea at moment, too.
Yes, time to sleep.
Have a good night, Mark

MU

#35 Post by MU »

Please replace your /muppy008/initrd.gz with this one (it is the english, not german):
http://puppyfiles.org/stuff/muppy008bet ... /initrd.gz

I changed this in init:

old:

Code: Select all

#MUfix
  SIZESFSK=`du -k ${PUPSFSDEVMNTPT}${PUPSFSFILE} | cut -f 1`
  SIZESFSK=`expr $SIZESFSK + 1000` #some slack.
 if [ $RAMSIZE -gt $SIZESFSK ];then
# if [ $RAMSIZE -gt 230000 ];then #256MB system. note, only checking physical ram.
new:

#MUfix
  SIZESFSK=`du -k ${PUPSFSDEVMNTPT}/${PSUBDIR}/${PUPSFSFILE} | cut -f 1`
# if [ $RAMSIZE -gt 230000 ];then #256MB system. note, only checking physical ram.
New is /${PSUBDIR}/
I have no idea if it works, as I could not test it yet.
Just an idea... that the size was not detected correctly, as now the pup_301.sfs is in a subfolder, and not in "/".

I had tested only with files in "/" without using psubdir on my 256 MB computer, if I remember well.

Does that work?

Mark

cb88

#36 Post by cb88 »

@beem I bet the missing ram is due to integrated graphics... it uses some of you system memory
Taking Puppy Linux to the limit of perfection. meanwhile try "puppy pfix=duct_tape" kernel parem eater.
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30

Béèm

#37 Post by Béèm »

cb88 wrote:@beem I bet the missing ram is due to integrated graphics... it uses some of you system memory
That's what I expected as well.
Thanks for reminding.
Time savers:

Béèm

#38 Post by Béèm »

Mark, you didn't go to sleep directly then. :wink:

Before I saw your post, I compared the files in /muppy008 with the iso.
I think I found "une erreur d'opérateur". :oops:
The size of initrd.gz wasn't the same.
I recopied again all the files and muppy008 boots ok.
I find loading of the pup_301.sfs amazingly fast.

I could configure, go to the net and then I wanted to do a reboot in order to make a save file.

Then the desktop goes away and I expected the message if I want to make a save file etc... but the PC freezes.

So maybe I should download and try the initrd.gz you referenced.
Time savers:

Béèm

#39 Post by Béèm »

MU wrote:Please replace your /muppy008/initrd.gz with this one (it is the english, not german):
http://puppyfiles.org/stuff/muppy008bet ... /initrd.gz

I changed this in init:

old:

#MUfix
  SIZESFSK=`du -k ${PUPSFSDEVMNTPT}${PUPSFSFILE} | cut -f 1`
new:

#MUfix
  SIZESFSK=`du -k ${PUPSFSDEVMNTPT}/${PSUBDIR}/${PUPSFSFILE} | cut -f 1`
New is /${PSUBDIR}/
I have no idea if it works, as I could not test it yet.
Just an idea... that the size was not detected correctly, as now the pup_301.sfs is in a subfolder, and not in "/".

I had tested only with files in "/" without using psubdir on my 256 MB computer, if I remember well.

Does that work?

Mark
This initrd.gz is 1200K and the one with which I had success is 1199K (see previous post)

I have to give psubdir=muppy008 (remember my muppy is in /muppy008 of (hd0,1)
With this one also I come to the Muppy desktop as a first install.
Had to give the config of keyboard and display.
I can work, connect to the net etc...
But when I reboot, I expect to have the screen saying save or not save, but instead the PC freezes.
Time savers:

MU

#40 Post by MU »

I would try to exit X as early as possible.
E.g.. when it starts, hit CTRL-ALT-Backspace.
Then type "reboot".
Now you should get the save dialog.

Maybe with a save-file it works more reliable.
But I have no explanation for this, this is "voodoo".
I just would try several things, if I have no reasonable explanations.

Mark

tday

Turboprint

#41 Post by tday »

Can't get Turboprint to work with Canon i250 (still running great, doesn't care how cheap the ink is). Turbo and Cups set up, seems to find the printer, everything looks right, but can't print a test page. No problem with earlier Pups. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Terry Day

purple_ghost

Firefox needs ??

#42 Post by purple_ghost »

First of all. Muppy is pretty cool. Just one or two oddities that need to be cleared up. Thanks a lot Mark.

I am using the Muppy008 beta, on a P4, 1.5 Ghz, 768 MB RAM, with a Nividia card. At this moment using Xorg driver and the install nividia box waiting in a tab at the bottom of the desktop.

If I go to - http://www.puppylinux.org/

Then I see things like:

Table 'bkauler4.fusion_new_nq_config' doesn't exist
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /mounted-storage/home7/sub003/sc14300-FRIH/puppylinux/user/maincore.php on line 100
Table 'bkauler4.fusion_new_nq_config' doesn't existTable 'bkauler4.fusion_new_nq_config' doesn't exist
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /mounted-storage/home7/sub003/sc14300-FRIH/puppylinux/user/maincore.php on line 100
Table 'bkauler4.fusion_new_nq_config' doesn't existTable 'bkauler4.fusion_new_nq_spamblocker' doesn't exist
Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /mounted-storage/home7/sub003/sc14300-FRIH/puppylinux/user/maincore.php on line 90
Table 'bkauler4.fusion_new_nq_spamblocker' doesn't existTable 'bkauler4.fusion_new_nq_geoip' doesn't exist
Table 'bkauler4.fusion_new_nq_geoip' doesn't exist

Since I am inexperienced enough that I am not sure what Firefox is missing. It is going to take me a few minutes to figure it out what else I need to add to Firefox. I do not have time to do that until much later. By then one of you will have posted the answer.

I also tripped across the oddity of having a frugal install and having the CD start with the standard Puppy 3.01. I did a save to my last partition and allowed the program to copy those files onto that partition. Muppy shows its many programs on restart. Although, some of the desktop icons are disordered and laying on top of one another. I see one icon with its right edge creeping over the upper left hand edge of the screen. It looks like a half moon and will not drag onto the desktop. In previous trials when clicked it creates something on two different desktops about --- Well. I needed to reboot to get out of some kind of hanging behavior. But I think that was from my already having installed the Nividia. I also tripped across a screen which comes up on its own with a Nividia logo, then goes to a snow outdoor scene which has a dog on the upper left hand corner. When I click the dog, The Muppy desktop flashes by before I can click anything, and the Nividia logo shows again, then the outdoor snow scene shows up, and only the dog is clickable. Anyway. I wanted to start with a clean unadulterated version of Muppy to work on the Nividia driver testing. So I do not know what the heck that Icon that is mooning me is, or what it is meant to do. I am now armed with the "uninstall-nividia" that Mark suggested and I will just work on Nividia testing when I start again. Perhaps ten hours from now.

Thanks again Mark.

Barburo

Muppy008 Beta Xorg doesn't work with HP TX100 laptop

#43 Post by Barburo »

Hi Mark,
Here's my story:
Downloaded the EN .iso MD5 checksum was good - burned and tried on my old system (Celeron) - everything was great - Xorg recognized and correctly configured my 22" monitor (my system has nVidia graphics card and it was automatically configured - great feature). Love all the stuff you have in Muppy008.
My laptop is an HP pavillion TX1000. It too has nVidia graphics. I have been running Puppy 3.01 on this since it was released. 3.01 is the only puppy so far that can configure Xorg for the 1280x800 screen resolution that the TX1000 uses. I have tried everything to get the Xorg in Muppy to do the same - to no avail: I copied the etc/X11 settings from regular puppy 3.01 into the Muppy version (using the wizard to edit the config file). I found that you cannot use ctl-alt-backspace in Muppy008 to restart X so I used the menu option. The system froze with the mini-linux logo in the centre of the screen. I restarted twice and the same thing each time.
I just rechecked, using the original Puppy 3.01 CD with pfix=ram that Xorg will properly configure the laptop. Sure enough it tests correctly. It seems to me that there is something different between the regular version of puppy 3.01 and Muppy008. I guess my question to you is this - can you suggest a fix that will let me use Xorg to set up the native 1280x800 resolution that the TX1000 uses?
Thanks for all your hard work - It's good to see software that has been properly thought through.

willhunt

HotPup

#44 Post by willhunt »

If anyone is interested copied hotpup from 214R been using it for a
week no worries, Does not put the icons on the desktop though :(
[url=http://hostfile.org/icepak.pet]176 Icewm Themes :!:[/url]
[url=http://tinyurl.com/39fl3x]vlc-0.8.6c-i586.pet[/url]
[url=http://tinyurl.com/2q7cbp]vlc-0.8.6c-i586.pet[/url]

MU

#45 Post by MU »

purple_ghost:
- The dog on top of the screen - this is my screensaver.
You can deactivate like this:
Click on the "autostart" icon.
Delete with a rightclick the file:
a-screensaver-

Then it will not be launched automatically when Puppy starts.

- cluttered Icons
Puppy has a script "fixpuppypin".
It shall put the icons in an optimal position depending on your screenresolution.
But I encountered bugs in it, for example after areboot, Icons were duplicated if I changed their settings.
For this reason I removed "fixpuppypin".
I will try to position the icons differently (not on the right) for the final Muppy, to avoid that they are covering each other on low resolutions (e.g. if you use xvesa, that will start with 640x480 at first start).
Or maybe use fixpuppypin only at first start.
Must make some more tests with it.

-----------------
Nvidia:
I just could test it on 2 borrowed computers, and cannot test any more at moment.
I currently have no solution for remaining Nvidia problems.
So please, if anybody has a clue how to solve problems concerning nvidia-cards, please report your fixes here.
I then will try to integrate them in the final release.

Now off for work.
Mark

MU

#46 Post by MU »

oh, and please tell me, what graficscard/chips you have exactly.
We will buy a testcomputer with Nvidia-card, and it shall be one of the "problematic" ones, so that we can find the errors. These cards are spread so widely, that we need an own testmachine for that.

Mark

Barburo

Xorg and Puppy 3.01

#47 Post by Barburo »

Hi Mark,
Here are the specifications for my HP TX1000 Laptop:
Display 12.1" WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)
Video NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150
Shared video memory (UMA)
Max allocated RAM size 128 MB
Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology TL-56 / 1.8 GHz
Cache Memory Type L2 cache 1 MB
RAM 2 GB DDR II SDRAM

Just to restate my problem:
Puppy 3.01 regular CD lets me configure the screen, Muppy008Beta doesn't.

If I boot using the regular Puppy 3.01 (full Seamonkey drivers) CD with pfix=ram:
I choose Xorg - it probes video hardware and reports that it was unsuccessful.
Xorg then offers a list of generic monitor types to choose from.
I choose "D" which is h31.5-90v60 LCD panel 1280x800.
I test the 1280x800x16 configuration and I get a successful test screen and I can bring up Puppy 3.01 in 1280x800 resolution. It works!

If I do exactly the same thing but using the Muppy008 beta CD, everything appears on the screen exactly the same.
I choose the identical option (D), but when I then test the 1280x800x16 resolution it fails and shows a screen with null values for resolution, horizontal and vertical refresh rates.

Via the Tweak option I looked at the xorg.conf that Muppy008 generates and noted there are some differences from the one generated by regular Puppy 3.01.
Muppy defines card1 and monitor1 in addition to card0 and monitor0, but the horizontal and vertical frequency defs are identical. I tried changing the driver for card0 from "nv" to nvidia" (to match puppy3.01) and several other tweaks, but no luck getting a successful test.

I used the Xvesa option to get into Muppy008 and ran the Xorg wizard from within Muppy. I made the same changes to xorg.conf (driver "nvidia" for card0, commented out card1 and monitor1) and tried to restart. That's when the system locked up.

I wonder in what way Xorg in Muppy008 Xorg different from Xorg in regular Puppy 3.01.

**** Edit ****
Looked at var/log/Xorg.0.log which had this entry: Data incomplete in file /etc/X11/xorg.conf Undefined Screen "Screen1" referenced by ServerLayout "X.org Configured".
I checked the Xorg.config file that Muppy generated and there was no definition for screen 1.
I once again rebooted using the Muppy008 CD (pfix=ram) and got to the "Tweak" part of Xorgwizard.
I added an extra section at the end of Xorg.conf to define screen1:

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen1"
Device "Card1"
Monitor "Monitor1"
DefaultDepth 16
Subsection "Display"
Depth 16
Modes "1280x800"
EndSubsection
EndSection

This seems to have solved my problem. Looks like a mod is need to add this in the Xorgwizard for Muppy008.

--Barburo.
Last edited by Barburo on Wed 12 Dec 2007, 05:03, edited 1 time in total.

purple_ghost

To expand on previous info.

#48 Post by purple_ghost »

I start Muppy 008 Beta, I have not yet installed any other programs. I decided to get all the icons on the desktop where I can see them. I should increase the screen resolution and pull them into the middle of the desktop.

When first start Muppy I still see the "Install Nivida" tab and program Window in middle of page. I am guessing that the Xorg I am running is one from the standard Puppy. (Might have been the other is still installed and not showing... But I do not think so). I ignore that to change the earlier standard Puppy Xorg to a higher Res.

I click on Windows Manager/Exit to X server > yields a blank screen. I do not see any way to get out that. So I power off the computer. It was easy to start the "xorgwizard" as I just turned the power without a shutdown. The options I can seem to get to are very limited. Just the ones on the first page, Unlike the way xorgwizard works for the standard Puppy. Rather than test my skills at manually editing the xorg.conf, I just start up at 1028X768X16. The icon on the upper left hand side of the desktop starts "GTK Basic desktop button 1 and an Xmessage - JWM now runs on the second display Use the button the left screen ..... to go back to the first display. Choose "start -Shutdown -exit to prompt to close this display. And a lot of cute Penquins doing things on the desktop. So I exit to prompt and go back to the first Muppy Desktop.

Click "Install Nividia" brings up a second window with a blank green screen box. I click on "continue" button on bottom of Window. Next green box says "moment"

Then I am back to the Muppy desktop display. So I decide to take the new Nividia driver for a spin. I have a movie that has been previously ripped to the hard drive.

I start Gxine/File/Configure/Preferences and set myself to "Master of the Known Universe" Then set the Video to "xv" Then save, close. and quit Gxine. I start up Gxine again. and open a vob of the movie. The movie starts off and I notice that the Gxine Window Controls (upper right hand side of frame) in Muppy 008 has only two controls. a minus and an X. I have previously tried to open up Gxine by right click and going full screen and have had problems, hangs. So I decide to click&drag the Window frame open to a cover the front of the monitor. That hangs Gxine. Then I am left with an un playing non-responsive Gxine blob in the middle of the desktop. As it will not right click, or disappear by any other means. I right click the Gxine tab at the bottom of the desktop and kill.

I know that this kind of Gxine hang is something I also have seen in the standard Puppy 3.01 and is probably from Gxine not responding well to having its Windows size being changed while it is running. So this is not something you need to much worry about. Every time I tried to install Windows: I could not change the Window size until after I had installed the Video driver. This might be a symptom that we hope might be fixed with a better Video driver.

I think the problem I previously saw with your screen saver probably has to do with the fact the Nividia driver that was installed when I clicked "Install Nividia" is probably running so fast I did not get the chance to stop the screen saver from starting again.

I am through with playing with this tonight. Perhaps you could suggest the command which will tell me exactly which xorg driver is currently installed and running. Then I could inform you of that info, and that might shed some light on that which is happening.

I will create a new pup_save file for Muppy tomorrow, if you tell me something you want me to try. Do not worry about my needing to do anything with Muppy at this time. We are doing this just for your tests. I might try to edit the xorg.conf file and try to get a higher resolution..

Thank you for your efforts. I do not think that this post has shed much light at all on what you need to know. Sigh. Still. I am here willing to try whatever you suggest.

The information you requested from the Belarc program in Windows 98 SE is below. If you need something more specific. Please let me know.

Belarc Advisor
The license associated with the Belarc Advisor product allows for free personal use only. Use on multiple computers in a corporate, educational, military or government installation is prohibited. See the license agreement for details. The information on this page was created locally on your computer by the Belarc Advisor. Your computer profile was not sent to a web server. Click here for more info.

About Belarc

System Management Products

Your Privacy

In page Links:

Installed Hotfixes

Software Licenses

Software Versions

Computer Profile Summary
Computer Name: Thomassm (in WORKGROUP)
Profile Date: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 4:45:11 PM
Advisor Version: 7.0t
Windows Logon: Thomas Smith

Click here for Belarc's System Management products, for large and small companies.

Operating System System Model
Windows 98 SE (build 4.10.2222) VE.CU_*
System Serial Number: .CU_,
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
1.50 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Intel Corporation
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. HV84510A.15A.0013.P07.0209261809 09/26/2002
Drives Memory Modules c,d
154.51 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
25.51 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

TDK DVDRW0404N [CD-ROM drive]
Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

ST3250620A [Hard drive] (250.06 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 9QE1Q6L6, rev 3.AAE, SMART Status: Healthy 768 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'J6G1' has 512 MB
Slot 'J6G2' has 256 MB
Slot 'J6H1' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (FAT32 on drive 0) 22.50 GB 7.46 GB free
d: (FAT32 on drive 0) 81.93 GB 10.93 GB free
e: (FAT32 on drive 0) 50.08 GB 7.12 GB free
Network Drives
None detected
Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers
Thomas Smith

HP Deskjet D4100 series on USB001
Controllers Display
Standard Floppy Disk Controller
Intel(R) 82801BA Ultra ATA Storage Controller - 244B
Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo) NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 200 [Display adapter]
Gateway VX760 [Monitor] (15.7"vis, s/n MP05950001976, September 2005)
Bus Adapters Multimedia
Intel(R) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2442
Intel(R) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2444 SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Communications Other Devices
Intel V92 External Modem
Standard Modem

Microsoft TV/Video Connection
Microsoft Virtual Private Networking Adapter
Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
Microsoft PS/2 Port Mouse
Generic USB Hub
USB Root Hub (2x)
Virus Protection [Back to Top]
No details available
Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes [Back to Top]
No details available
Installed Microsoft Hotfixes [Back to Top]
DataAccess
no verification data KB870669 (details...)
no verification data Q911562 on 4/18/07 (details...)
DirectX
passed verification KB904706 (details...)
Internet Explorer
no verification data SP1 (SP1)
no verification data Q313829 (details...)
no verification data Q837009 (details...)

Internet Explorer (continued)
no verification data Q916281 (details...)
no verification data Q918439 (details...)
Win98.SE
passed verification UPD242975 (details...)
Win98
passed verification UPD908519 (details...)
passed verification UPD918547 (details...)
Windows Media Player
passed verification KB917734 (details...)

Click here to see all available Microsoft security hotfixes for this computer.

verifies OK Marks a HotFix that verifies correctly
fails verification Marks a HotFix that fails verification
(note that failing hotfixes need to be reinstalled)
Unmarked HotFixes lack the data to allow verification

Click here for Belarc's System Management products, for large and small companies.

Software Licenses [Back to Top]

Belarc - Advisor c75c0643
Hewlett-Packard - WebReg $SerialNumber$
Microsoft - Internet Explorer 55736-OEM-9170416-04008
Microsoft - MediaPlayer 69808-411-9165876-04541
Microsoft - Windows 98 SE 50578-030-4181932-18399 (Key: RT2HP-KDKBK-YQ8WB-YVHRH-GDVPQ)
Software Versions (mouse over * for details, click * for location) [Back to Top]
Abbott Diabetes Care - CoPilot Health Management System Version 3.1 *
AbiSource Developers - AbiWord Version 2.4.6.0 *
AbiWord 2.4 *
Adobe Reader Version 6.0.1.2003110300 *
Alexander Roshal - WinRAR archiver Version 3.61.0.0 *
Almico Software (www.almico.com) - SpeedFan Version 4.27 *
Aman scramdisk3 Version 3, 0, 1, A R3 *
Apple Computer, Inc. - QuickTime QuickTime 6.5.2 *
ArcSoft - PhotoImpression Version 4.0.0.78 *
B.H.A Co.,Ltd. - B's Recorder GOLD7 Version 7, 2, 2, 0 *
B.H.A Corporation. - B's Player Version 7, 0, 0, 0 *
Belarc, Inc. - Advisor Version 7.0t *
Download Driver *
dummy.exe *
Eastman Software, Inc., A Kodak Business - Imaging for Windows® Version 1.01.1311 *
FileZilla Version 2, 2, 22, 0 *
Free Download Manager *
Freebyte Backup Version 3.0 *
Gabest - Media Player Classic Version 6, 4, 9, 0 *
Greyfirst Corporation - Celtx Version 0.9.8 *
Hewlett-Packard - HP Installer Version 7,0,0,71 *
Hewlett-Packard - HP Software Update Client Version 3, 0, 8, 4 *
Hewlett-Packard - HpqPhUnl Version 7.0.0.229 *
Hewlett-Packard Co. - HP Photosmart Essential Version 1.9.1.3 * Hewlett-Packard Company - HP Solution Center Version 070.000.128.000 *
Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - hp digital imaging Version 070.000.170.000 *
HotSync® Manager, Palm Desktop Version 4.1.0 *
Igor Pavlov - 7-Zip Version 4.32 *
Inno Setup Version 51.42.0.0 *
Jordan Russell - Inno Setup Uninstaller Version 51.5.0.0 *
Karen's Power Tools Version 3.00.0003 *
MarsCam Application v2.03 *
Microsoft (r) Windows Script Host Version 5.6.0.8825 *
Microsoft Corporation - DirectShow Version 6.01.05.0130 *
Microsoft Corporation - Internet Explorer Version 6.00.2800.1106 *
Microsoft Corporation - Windows Installer Version 2.0.2600.2 *
Microsoft Corporation - Windows Telephony Version 4.10.2000 *
Microsoft Corporation - Windows® NetMeeting® Version 3.0 *
Microsoft imgstart Version 1, 0, 0, 1 *
Microsoft(R) Windows Media Player Version 9.00.00.2980 *
MindVision - Installer VISE 2.8.3 Version 2.8.3 *
Mozilla Corporation - Firefox Version 2.0.0.10 *
palmOne Quick Install Version 1.1.0 *
PalmSource, Inc. - Palm Desktop Version 4.1.4 *
SlavaSoft Inc. - HashCalc Version 2, 0, 2, 0 *
Snap!CopyDVD Version 1.08.0009 *
Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 U14 Version 5.0.140.3 *
TeraByte Unlimited - BurnCDCC - Burn a CD/DVD file image to a disc. Version 2.00a *
* Click to see where software is installed.
a. Megahertz measurement may be inaccurate if other programs were busy during last analysis.
b. Data may be transferred on the bus at one, two, or four times the Bus Clock rate.
c. Memory slot contents may not add up to Installed Memory if some memory is not recognized by Windows.
d. Memory slot contents is reported by the motherboard BIOS. Contact system vendor if slot contents are wrong.
e. This may be the manufacturer's factory installed product key rather than yours.
Copyright 2000-5, Belarc, Inc. All rights reserved.
Legal notice. U.S. Patents 6085229, 5665951 and Patents pending.

Barburo

MU-Gtk-ThemeChooser

#49 Post by Barburo »

Hi Mark,
Just a quick one - I like to use the stardust theme that is in Barry's gtk theme chooser in regular Puppy 3.01. The H2O-gtk2-Stardust theme is not working in the theme selector in Muppy. It just reverts to the default theme. I expect to see the "water" progress bars in a dusty light-gray color. The H2O -Emerald and -Saphire themes work OK.
I also use LighthousePup, which uses the same gtk theme chooser, and the same thing happens - so the app is probably at fault.
Otherwise I am having fun checking out your Muppy008Beta. :)
--Barburo

purple_ghost

Little bug.

#50 Post by purple_ghost »

Muppy 008 Beta. When I tried to setup Internet connection from Icon on desktop. It offered for Dial Up the PupDial Program. Nothing happens. I looked at the Menu and it does not offer the Pup Dial Program that Barry wrote. I know that I use Dial up and I really like the program Barry wrote. Pupdial is the one that most easily offers me the oppotunity to enter alternate 'init strings"