Puppy Projection

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Lobster
Official Crustacean

Puppy Projection

#1 Post by Lobster »

The last time I was teaching we used these type of projectors
http://www.lumenlab.com/?referrer=f2c
(I am sure these plans must be available free too?)

In a class room or other situation, a hardware Puppy projector project makes a lot of sense . . .

In Japan they are quite common for home use. In US and UK they are still kept artificially overpriced with bulbs (metal in a vacuum?) being a way of continuous revenue generation.

Anyone use them, build them? Thinking of building for the Puppy Ultimate machine? Any pics?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

It's hard to believe, but the Japanese must be more tolerant of noise than Americans if they like to use digital projectors instead of LCDs or CRTs. We sell and rent several different high-end models of digital projector, Canon being one that I can think of. Every digital projector I know of has a cooling fan for its lamp that makes more noise than I care to put up with if it's right next to me. Not to mention the heat it's blowing out. That fan is necessary because if it didn't diffuse the heat from the lamp the whole contraption would melt down.

Another thing to keep in mind about digital projectors is that if a lamp goes bad and you keep trying to use the projector, the lamp power supply may be damaged. The lamp power supply is very expensive and fragile. If it goes you have no choice but to send the projector off to be repaired, and it ain't cheap.

Lobster, the homemade projectors in the link you gave are a pretty neat idea. I've wondered if an LCD screen couldn't be used as a stained glass window. Take away its backlight and its associated junk and you ought to be able to see through the LCD. Now I see that it could be made to work.