Fire Hydrant 3.0.1b Soon to be released

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
buttonss

#31 Post by buttonss »

Sure. See enclosed.

When I open HOME directory, I can see the file, and it's got a nice pdf icon on it. But it won't open.

I have 1 GB of memory, so it's not an issue.

I even opened xpdf, transferred the file to the xpdf directory (usr/local/bin) to open, and it won't do it.

It's happened for a few pdfs, so I don't think it's a problem with the files. My MD5 checksum for inferno is OK.

(The pdf files open ok with epdfviewer on puppy)

I'm running inferno as a livecd at the moment. I wonder if it's a memory issue. I also couldn't install the adobe reader because it's bigger than storage memory available.

Oh, the file is available http://www.remisiers.org/research//SIN- ... imb%5D.pdfhere

buttonss

#32 Post by buttonss »

Hmm.. I think it's a memory issue with running inferno as a livecd.

I tried to open a downloaded excel file, and Calc crashed.

ttuuxxx

#33 Post by ttuuxxx »

buttonss wrote:Sure. See enclosed.

When I open HOME directory, I can see the file, and it's got a nice pdf icon on it. But it won't open.

I have 1 GB of memory, so it's not an issue.

I even opened xpdf, transferred the file to the xpdf directory (usr/local/bin) to open, and it won't do it.

It's happened for a few pdfs, so I don't think it's a problem with the files. My MD5 checksum for inferno is OK.

(The pdf files open ok with epdfviewer on puppy)

I'm running inferno as a livecd at the moment. I wonder if it's a memory issue. I also couldn't install the adobe reader because it's bigger than storage memory available.

Oh, the file is available http://www.remisiers.org/research//SIN- ... imb%5D.pdfhere
i just tried it using epdfview and it work in Fire Hydrant 3.01a with the link you provided, I'm, just wonder does it also work in Inferno ? Have you tried epdfview in Inferno if it does work I'll use that program as the default pdf
http://dotpups.de/dotpups/Office/Epdfview-0.1.5.pup

buttonss

#34 Post by buttonss »

I have only been using inferno (444 MB). Downloaded epdfview via PUPget, but it then said epdfview needs a dependency, and then didn't open.

Are you running inferno as a livecd?

I'm sure the smaller 3.01a will work, but I really want inferno 444MB to work well as a livecd.

Anyone having similar problems?

ttuuxxx

#35 Post by ttuuxxx »

buttonss wrote:I have only been using inferno (444 MB). Downloaded epdfview via PUPget, but it then said epdfview needs a dependency, and then didn't open.

Are you running inferno as a livecd?

I'm sure the smaller 3.01a will work, but I really want inferno 444MB to work well as a livecd.

Anyone having similar problems?
its a bit late tonight to fire-up Inferno, But i will in the morning and get some sort of result for you , ttuuxxx

buttonss

#36 Post by buttonss »

Interesting. I downloaded epdfview from your link above (running Inferno as livecd), and again the pdf would not open.

I used the pupget dependency check and here's the error:

These dependencies required by Epdfview-0.1.5 package are missing:
File /usr/bin/epdfview has these missing library files:
libpoppler-glib.so.1

The PETget package manager does not know what package/s has/have these libraries.

ttuuxxx

#37 Post by ttuuxxx »

buttonss wrote:Interesting. I downloaded epdfview from your link above (running Inferno as livecd), and again the pdf would not open.

I used the pupget dependency check and here's the error:

These dependencies required by Epdfview-0.1.5 package are missing:
File /usr/bin/epdfview has these missing library files:
libpoppler-glib.so.1

The PETget package manager does not know what package/s has/have these libraries.
In that case try this http://puppyfiles.org/dotpupsde/dotpups ... -0.5.3.pup
and then give it a try. This should match your missing libs after that it should work fine
ttuuxxx

buttonss

#38 Post by buttonss »

Tux^2,

The libraries fixed it! File associations working (previously, when you click a pdf link on firefox, there's no default pdf reader).

So, I think this is something to do for Inferno next release.

Another thing: embedded music player in firefox. If you go to www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows and then try and launch one of the streams, it won't play. Clicking the firefox embedded link launches VLC... and then nothing. Reconfiguring the .ra default player to realplayer won't run it either. I suspect this is a problem with firefox and not fire hydrant, but it's just another issue I discovered.

This is already my fav puppy derivative. Good work, ttuuxxx

ttuuxxx

#39 Post by ttuuxxx »

buttonss wrote:Tux^2,

The libraries fixed it! File associations working (previously, when you click a pdf link on firefox, there's no default pdf reader).

So, I think this is something to do for Inferno next release.

Another thing: embedded music player in firefox. If you go to www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows and then try and launch one of the streams, it won't play. Clicking the firefox embedded link launches VLC... and then nothing. Reconfiguring the .ra default player to realplayer won't run it either. I suspect this is a problem with firefox and not fire hydrant, but it's just another issue I discovered.

This is already my fav puppy derivative. Good work, ttuuxxx
Thanks for that, I love to hear good thing about the work I've done, really its taken me hundreds of hours trying to make this this derivative work properly, from building my own buttons, backgrounds and some icons, then learning how to configure things, then the building and maintaining the website, etc its been a long road and its nice when you get kind words and thanks.:)

as for .ra not working thats a strange thing, Have you tried the embedded media player selector i added to firefox? its in the tools menu and its called "MediaPlayerConnectivity" you can read about it here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/446
its one of the most amazing addons for Firefox next to fireftp which is that blue snail looking thing up-top on your browser. Anyways the tools menu is fool of fun stuff.
Have a nice day:)
ttuuxxx