Grafpup?

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
jcagle

Grafpup?

#1 Post by jcagle »

Anyone heard anything lately about Grafpup? The web site hasn't been updated since August, and I haven't heard from Nathan since then.

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

Nope. And that reminds me, I was going to burn a copy of the latest Grafpup to bring with me when I visit my family over Thanksgiving, so I could install it on my sister's computer for her.

I hope he's okay....
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

jcoder24

#3 Post by jcoder24 »

The last thing heard from Nathan was on the grafburn thread
Done in my development tree. No promises on when you'll actually see it, however. I'm sure some of you may have noticed my long absence, I have virtually zero time for development work right now thanks to a new job and very limited Intenet access. But I've got a pretty large backlog of changes built up for most of my projects.

There are some problems running the latest code on Puppy, however, since I've changed some code to work with the way Grafpup is set up right now. Also, I've removed most icons from the package in favor of using icons out of the current gtk+ icon thems, but Puppy is missing some that will have to be put back or a few icons will not display in the gui.

I'll be looking into the filename length problems as soon as I get a laptop with a burner. I'm working 24/7 on location right now so no access to my desktop at home.

Nathan
This is one of the main concerns about the more popular one-man puplets when the one man isn't "working" 24x7 on the puplet. Hopefully, we'll see some movement soon. I'm hoping when it happens a few more people could be more involved so that development can continue in Nathan's absence.