Ainebot AI chat bot as an appdir just click to run!

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
exProphecy

#16 Post by exProphecy »

WHATT??! Am I getting this right? This is an app for me to have a personal friend that isn't real?? Oh man, thanks! I'll try this soon and let you know how it goes. THANKS I WANTED A ROBOT FRIEND :twisted:
Puppy 4.3.1 + Sansa Express MP3 Player + 10GB USB Flash Drive = My triple threat OS. :wink:
I consider myself a Turritopsis Nutricula.
[url]http://www.wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html[/url]
[url]http://www.esnips.com/web/exprophecypets[/url]

MU

#17 Post by MU »

here is an online bot to talk with:
http://lucifer.org/

You also can see there 2 bots having a conversation :lol:
*edit - no that option was deactivated meanwhile :(
Mark
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

amigo

#18 Post by amigo »

I've done quite a lot of work on ainebot -I have an AppDir with several personalities to choose from (menu selection). I have also done some work with special AIML code for it which turns it into a system administration assistant -based on the Charlix AIML. I also fixed some bugs in the ainebot code and got the cgi program working. Here'S a screenshot which shows ainebot running three different ways; as the command line version; using the wxWidgets dialog and running as a cgi program in dillo, which is my favorite:
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... enshot.png

I wish I had more time to fool around with the program as it is really ineteresting -I don't mean having a conversation with it, but broadening the possibilities to what it can do. The Charlix-type interface lets you query the bot about software and in the original version offers to install it for you if not already on your system. The original (Charlix) is pretty heavy and the sysadmin parts are built for use with debian, but I've gotten some of it working. If I had more time and brains I'd try to get it working with text-to-speech and speech recognition. Now that would be something---

Still, the way tha AIML deduces language is very ineteresting itself, and there is plenty of improvement to be had by fooling around with just that, and you don't need to know any *programming* language to work with. although AIML really is a sort of programming language.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#19 Post by Lobster »

Amigo are you going to release an SFS or pet?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

amigo

#20 Post by amigo »

Hmmm, my sources are still in quite a mess except for the AppDir version. But, it is very large as I have included all the aine data files for alice, ann, amy, charlie, charlix, std and whatever else I have translated from the AIML format. With all the data files uncompressed the AppDir is 31MB!. But, today I re-wrote parts of the AppRun script so that the data files can be delivered as tarballs -still included but only decompressed the first time you ask to run a certain personality. This cuts the AppDir down to around 6MB. That's still including the sources and pre-compiled binaries.

If someone is really inetrested I'll send it to them via email, or I'll get around to uploading the AppDir to my site. It would be really nice if someone did take an interest in working on the datafiles -I spent months partially translating a bunch of different AIML data sets, writing tools to help, etc. But, in the end, much of it comes down to hand-work. But it is facinating the way the language processing is done, so maybe a special sort of person will be interested in carrying it forward a little more.

It is extra work to tranlsate to the aine format, but aine is tiny compared to any other chatbot and starts and runs many times faster than the next closest thing -and it has no extra dependencies whatsoever unless you choose to compile the wxWidgets GUI frontend. I would like to see a pure GTK frontend, but actually the cgi frontend is even better as it relieves you of even the GTK depends. The cgi (web) frontend works really well in any decent browser -it even works with links/lynx. If used with dillo, you do have to click to focus the input-box each time, but otherwise it works fine there too.

I find the aine syntax much easier to read than AIML and it is much more compact -more data in less space. the 'charlix' extensions use Xdialog to provide extra dialog functionality where needed. There is still lots to be done to make it into a usable tool, but it is a fascinating idea that you could ask 'Amy' for info about a program:
You: What is xpdf?
Amy: xpdf is a lightweight pdf viewing program. Hmmm, you don't seem to have it installed. Would you like to install it now?
You: Does it have a lot of dependecies?
Amy: No, it only needs Xlibs which you already have.
You: Okay, bitch, please install xpdf for me.
Amy: You don't have to get agressive! Shall I still install xpdf for you?
You: Sorry Amy. Yes please do install xpdf.
Amy: Downloading xpdf... installing xpdf... done! Shall I run it for you?
This is just the way that charlix functions -except you need debian and (best) the java AIML interpretor.

trapster

#21 Post by trapster »

You: What is xpdf?
Amy: xpdf is a lightweight pdf viewing program. Hmmm, you don't seem to have it installed. Would you like to install it now?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog

TheProphet

#22 Post by TheProphet »

THAT"S what I was looking for! Getting the puter to program itself.

Amy just gives me that mess about having an IBM notebook and that it's cute...

If she's able to do spider work too, damn, son, I've got it made...

That's like the Holy Grail of "user friendly".

Me:Amy, can you download Festival and all it's dependencies, configure it and debug it?

Amy: Why, certainly, I just did it, is there anything else I can do for you?

Me:Get me the home phone numbers of Gordon Brown, Barack Obama, George Bush and Osama bin Laden...

Amy:Do you want me to dial them as well?
He who skydive without parachute, jumps to own conclusion.

exProphecy

#23 Post by exProphecy »

Hahhaa wow that would be cool. I've tried out the AineBot 8.12 and it's alright. But if it was able to find programs and download them for you, now that's just amazing.
Puppy 4.3.1 + Sansa Express MP3 Player + 10GB USB Flash Drive = My triple threat OS. :wink:
I consider myself a Turritopsis Nutricula.
[url]http://www.wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html[/url]
[url]http://www.esnips.com/web/exprophecypets[/url]

greengeek

#24 Post by greengeek »

amigo wrote:You: What is xpdf?
Next question has to be:
Amy: "Can you pass me your wallet amigo? I need to go to the mall...."

amigo

#25 Post by amigo »

Ha Ha. I thought maybe you were thinking about how this sort of interface relates to the many recent threads about touch, voice and head-movement interfaces -as compared to traditional interfaces with a keyboard and maybe a mouse(no one has mentioned Braille interface.

So now, try to think of a language which all interface types could use to accomplish comparable or equivalent actions. Instead of a Desktop, a universal interface which all methods would refer to and be called by.

The ainebot 'brain' provides a nice way of disambiguating input *text* and provides a way of executing programs in response to inputs. I did some work towards integrating ainebot right into julius so speech can be changed to text, then disambiguated by ainebot brain, then performing actions and/or outputting text and/or voice or performing further.

ainebots' disambiguation means that, for instance, saying 'Download package abc' or 'Get me package abc' could mean the same thing. It does recursive processing which can simplify many speech variants into a single directive/response.

greengeek

#26 Post by greengeek »

Sounds very powerful. It would be great if such a layer of intelligence could be applied to the user interface. If nothing else I thought it may at least be able to be trained to recognise when a user was struggling or getting caught in a repetitive, non productive activity loop.

Maybe under such circumstances it could help to break out of the current 'do-little' loop by offering to start Puppy SIP phone and "phone a friend" or commence a 'remote desktop session' to help sort out the problem. Or even return a voice-detection module to it's original start-up menu in the assumption that the user is 'trapped'. Or maybe step in and run a 'microphone level adjustment protocol' in the assumption the user does not know how to get the hardware setup correctly for the voice-detection to be successful.

Obviously functional AI is not easy to accomplish, but I just want this on my watchlist for future accessibility options.

John paul

#27 Post by John paul »

so puppy Linux as its own bots and bot masters! I recently posted this!

Linux Action Bot, will be a chat bot who's out put will be in a language called bash. (a shell script.) A language with few words and strong rules about how those word go together. And the power, when used I a terminal, to control the computer.

is there any chance it ill work?