Want to help with a new Puppy Derivative?

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
MPhlak

#16 Post by MPhlak »

Just for future reference, excuse me if I seem odd, crazy, or a little loony.

I am a very "unique" person. Once everyone gets to know me, I'm sure few will have any issues with me. :-p

Pizzasgood

#17 Post by Pizzasgood »

No worries, we already have at least two aliens, a Lobster, a knight, and me. Then there are some who don't show up much, including a vampire and a certain prescient conquerer of sci-fi infamy....
typos in programming can cause many problems.
It took quite some time and many words I don't normally utter to realize that my woes today were due to a missing "S" in Puppy's init script (yes, I'm going to go see if that's been reported yet). It was part of a long variable so I didn't notice it for a while. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't in the init script, which means I had to reboot every time I wanted to test it. On the plus side, I got many chances to practice my handstand while waiting for it to finish. :)
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

jonyo

#18 Post by jonyo »

mcewanw wrote:'m sure everyone would agree with my saying that Jonyo is one of the masters of exposition on this forum (sigh...). .
I totally disagree..:P so there!

And in regards to
sounds to me like you need a break from whatever you are doing :)
Bingo!..There are actually fans here though! :?
Ahh..spice a life.. :)

cb88

#19 Post by cb88 »

As MPLACK is to be a secure distro I hope that the things you do to puppy to make it secure are easily back ported to puppy because IMO it is our duty to be secure.... we are useing linux and are mostly invulnerable to viruses BUT we can spread viruses... and that is not what I want to do in my spare cpu time....

I realize that running as root has it's advantages and disadvantages but it is not time that a solution to theses problems (file acess issues linux denying acess and what not) and also is there a way to allow programs that need to run as root have that permission on a system that is not running as root.... and also to get all that done in a secure/userfriendly/intuitive manner

As for alienjeff he is cool once you get to know him. And since you are looney you are likely to get along fine O.o .

Thanks for choosing puppy as your distro to build on and as far as making donations you are infact making a better contribution than just money (as puppy is already has several hosts and barry isn't quite starving (is he?)...but more are welcome :) ) what could possiblly be a better contribution than to make a dirivative like graphpup or pizzapup cause thier best inovations usually make it back to the main puppy linux
Taking Puppy Linux to the limit of perfection. meanwhile try "puppy pfix=duct_tape" kernel parem eater.
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30

alienjeff

#20 Post by alienjeff »

cb88 wrote:As for alienjeff he is cool once you get to know him.
That's debatable ... ;)
[size=84][i]hangout:[/i] ##b0rked on irc.freenode.net
[i]diversion:[/i] [url]http://alienjeff.net[/url] - visit The Fringe
[i]quote:[/i] "The foundation of authority is based upon the consent of the people." - Thomas Hooker[/size]

mcewanw

#21 Post by mcewanw »

Perhaps the devil is cool when you get to know him. :-)

cb88

#22 Post by cb88 »

somehow i doubt that though... and getting to know him are not in my plans :roll:
Taking Puppy Linux to the limit of perfection. meanwhile try "puppy pfix=duct_tape" kernel parem eater.
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30

SirDuncan

#23 Post by SirDuncan »

Pizzasgood wrote:No worries, we already have at least two aliens, a Lobster, a knight, and me. Then there are some who don't show up much, including a vampire and a certain prescient conquerer of sci-fi infamy....
And we're the sane ones . . . .
Be brave that God may help thee, speak the truth even if it leads to death, and safeguard the helpless. - A knight's oath

jonyo

#24 Post by jonyo »

MPhlak wrote:Just for future reference, excuse me if I seem odd, crazy, or a little loony.
You'll fit right in! :) From what i've seen, you cannot go wrong. 8)
MPhlak wrote:I am a very "unique" person. Once everyone gets to know me, I'm sure few will have any issues with me. :-p

MPhlak

#25 Post by MPhlak »

To those who don't know, development of mphlak has been postponed until further notice

Here's a copy:
Due to circumstances beyond my control, the MPhlak project will be postponed until further notice.

This means since I am the only developer, development will stop until further notice.

Rest assured that MPhlak is not and will not be dead. However circumstances warrant that development stop for awhile. It should be re-continued within six months.

I would rather not state the circumstances surrounding this as it is of a personal nature.

Thank you for all the support given so far.

-Mark Reaves
MPhlak is not and will not be dead. However like said, circumstances warrant that I stop development for now. It should continue again in about six months. Till then I will still be working on it off and on when I have the time. However at this time, my time is very limited. If I finish an Alpha before development officially resumes, I will upload it to Sourceforge and post a message here.

mcewanw

pity

#26 Post by mcewanw »

Sorry to hear that; a lot can happen in one week, can't it.

Fortunately Puppy Linux is well-established, and though led by one man, its creation is helped along by many volunteers. Which is not to say we wouldn't be worried if Barry, for some reason or other, was unable or unwilling to work on his project any longer...! But I have a feeling Microsoft is in greater danger of extinction first.
Last edited by mcewanw on Mon 05 Nov 2007, 04:28, edited 1 time in total.

MPhlak

#27 Post by MPhlak »

Fortunately Puppy Linux is well-established, and though led by one man, its creation is helped along by many volunteers. Which is not to say we wouldn't be worried if Barry, for some reason or another, was unable or unwilling to work on his project any longer...! But I have a feeling Microsoft is in greater danger of extinction first.
i totally agree. puppy has so many developers that i doubt it will or can be stopped.

microsoft is indeed in greater danger of extinction.