Tecra/Protege stops booting at Xvesa and Xorg (SOLVED)

Please post any bugs you have found
BarryK
Puppy Master

#76 Post by BarryK »

rerwin, thanks for the p.m.s, I have implemented so that the missing resolutions are not missing, and avoid running 'Xvesa -listmodes', but only for the particular hardware items. I did not put in a big if-else to bypass all that code, instead left it all alone and beforehand put this:

Code: Select all

#v3.93 rerwin: For some Tecra and Portege laptops, avoid an Xvesa hang by skipping "listmodes" and letting the user choose the appropriate video mode.   #rerwin begin
#note, -F means any line to match
XVESALISTOK="yes"
if grep -q -F 'oem: MagicGraph 256 AV 44K PRELIMINARY
oem: Trident Cyber 8820' /tmp/ddcprobe.txt;then
 #HORIZSYNC=""
 #VERTREFRESH=""
 XVESALISTOK="no"
 [ "`grep 'mode: 640x480x64k' /tmp/ddcprobe.txt`" = "" ] && echo 'mode: 640x480x64k' >> /tmp/ddcprobe.txt
 [ "`grep 'mode: 640x480x16m' /tmp/ddcprobe.txt`" = "" ] && echo 'mode: 640x480x16m' >> /tmp/ddcprobe.txt
 [ "`grep 'mode: 800x600x64k' /tmp/ddcprobe.txt`" = "" ] && echo 'mode: 800x600x64k' >> /tmp/ddcprobe.txt
 [ "`grep 'mode: 800x600x16m' /tmp/ddcprobe.txt`" = "" ] && echo 'mode: 800x600x16m' >> /tmp/ddcprobe.txt
fi   #rerwin end

#modes supported by card...
CARDCHOICES=""
if [ -f /usr/X11R7/bin/Xvesa -a "$XVESALISTOK" = "yes" ];then #format of each line: 1024x768x16
 Xvesa -listmodes 2>&1 | cut -f 2 -d ' ' | grep --extended-regexp 'x16$|x24$' | sort --field-separator=x --numeric-sort > /tmp/Xmodes.txt
else
 #the vesa 'mode:' lines returned by ddcprobe are very limited...
 grep '^mode:' /tmp/ddcprobe.txt | grep -E 'x64k|x16m'| cut -f 2 -d ' ' | sed -e 's/x64k/x16/g ; s/x16m/x24/g' > /tmp/Xmodes.txt
fi
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

Dougal

Re: Satellite 1805 S203

#77 Post by Dougal »

DaveR wrote:I copy that to /etc/X11/xorg.conf and xorg.conf.Trident_CYBER_8620TOS5082

I copy xorgwizard2 to /usr/sbin

If I run xorgwizard2 OR xwin the system locks up as it has before.
You're not supposed to run the xorgwizard after you've added those new files! The purpose of the wizard is to create the xorg.conf if you don't have one...

After you copy those files, you just need to run xwin and that's it.
What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it's your mind

DaveR

Satellite 1805

#78 Post by DaveR »

But Dougal, I said that I ran xwin with the same result ;-( The xorgwizard was a "just in case" sort of thing.

lemmy999

#79 Post by lemmy999 »

@rerwin

Excellent script, clear and concise "how to".

I have been trying to use an old Satellite Pro for weeks with Puppy. Your work has solved the video problem for me!

Thank you

rerwin

#80 Post by rerwin »

lemmy999,
Thank you for your feedback and compliment. I am pleased to hear such success stories.

Whenever you upgrade to Puppy 4.00 you will not need the download, since the fix is in it beginning with alpha3.
Richard

Barrington

Toshiba Satellite 2590CDT

#81 Post by Barrington »

Hi Guys,
I was wondering how I could ressurect my old 64Mb/6GB Satellite and now I see Puppy is the answer!
But for us newbies and especially the code-challenged, I too have the problem described (hangs on either video selection), I don't understand all the posts. How do I go about running 3.01 without all the code changes?

EDIT:
I have found a number of Posts on different forums re this issue, but I'm finding it hard to put all the info together. Nevermore's post of Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:46 am http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 38&t=22269 is good, but I haven't worked out how to edit the (any) text file in command line mode, and I had to find BarryK's code mods of Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=14140 to see what Nevermore was talking about.

Can anyone please put it all in one place for a newbie and prospective convert?
Last edited by Barrington on Mon 14 Jan 2008, 05:29, edited 1 time in total.
Barrington
[size=75][color=brown]Puppy 3.01, 4.00
Toshiba Satellite 2590CDT Intel Celeron,64MB RAM, 6GB, 800x600x16b 2.5MB Trident Cyber9525DVD, Keymouse PS/2 wheel 2button, NIC PCMCIA TPlink TF-5239[/color][/size]

rerwin

Using the fix without installing the fix

#82 Post by rerwin »

Barrington,
The easy way to see if the fix will solve your hang is to use the current Puppy 4.00 alpha release. It is quite solid, especially for simple use, such as booting up. The fix is not in 3.01.

At the main download site, find the iso (CD image) in /test/puppy4.00-dingo-alpha5. Download it and burn it to a CD-RW (since it's temporary), then boot from the CDRW.

If you want to see if the fix will work for you without doing the above, you can boot 3.01 with the parameter "pfix=nox" so it will stop before it gets into trouble. At that point type in "ddcprobe" without the quotes and look for the output line beginning with "oem:". Post that text or just verify that it looks like one of the two strings shown earlier in this thread -- MagicGraph-something and Trident-something. If it is one of those, Puppy 4.00 will solve your problem. If not, please post it and we can take it from there.

Having said all that, I then looked at the Toshiba specs for your Satellite. It has the Trident Cyber 9525DVD video controller, which is not one of those the fix addresses. It may need to be added to the fix, but we need to first be sure it is not the 64MB RAM that causing the problem.

Make sure there is space on the hard drive where Puppy booting from CD can create a swap file. I assume you have W98 on it now, so Puppy should have created one. You can check under W98 for a file named pupswap.swp at the top level of the C: drive.

If it's there and at least 64MB in size you should be OK there. The next test is to boot up in Puppy as above (pfix=nox) and enter "Xvesa --listmodes" and see if it hangs. If so, we have a candidate for addition to the fix!

The specs, 400MHZ, max 192MB RAM, TFT display, make it a nice laptop for Puppy. The screen (800x600) is a little small, but I have used such a machine (but not TFT) for travel; its gets the job done. If you decide to make use of it, I recommend adding RAM. I got 128MB for about USD$30 online, I think. Much peppier.
Richard

Barrington

#83 Post by Barrington »

Thanks Richard.
Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.
I'll give it a go. I assume I use puppy-3.95-seamonkey.iso despite being Puppy Ver 4.00.

With much perseverance I was able to wind my way through the forum items and attempted to edit xwin with vi (which I last used over 20 years ago!) and that gave me a suggestion to use mp which worked. Followed Nevermore's instructions and managed to get the GUI up (a chunk bottom left of screen where MENU lives- just all white, all the time)

Mouse (KeyMouse PS/2 2-button with wheel) not working properly- cursor all over screen, apps openning all over the place, and native "pointing device" (like IBM's red button) imbedded in keyboard sort of works, though you have to be careful or its starts openning apps everywhere. Tried Settings for mouse, nothing seemed to help.

Also looked at PCMCIA netword card (TPlink TF-5239) but nothing seems to fit although auto seemed to think that either first or second NIC in list was recognised.
Barrington
Toshiba Satellite 2590CDT Intel Celeron,64MB RAM, 6GB, 800x600x16b 2.5MB Trident Cyber9525DVD, Keymouse PS/2 wheel 2button, NIC PCMCIA TPlink TF-5239[/color][/size]

Barrington

Toshiba Satellite 2590CDT

#84 Post by Barrington »

Hi again Richard.

Well I went for broke and tried 4.00 as you suggested. Unfortunately it got stuck again, but not before it spat out some hopefully useful info. After starting to boot up, i received this..
  • Loading 'us' keyboard map done
    . . . (stuff in middle left out for brevity)
    Executing personal config script /etc/rc.d/rc.local done

This script will run X windows for you...
    Calling INT 0x15(F000:F859)
    EAX is 0x5F09
    Calling INT 0x15(F000:F859)
    EAX is 0x5F09
and then it sat there.. ad infinitum.
Barrington

rerwin

More to try

#85 Post by rerwin »

Barrington,
Thanks for trying Puppy 4.0 (alpha395) and the command line editors. Now we have something to work with.

In your boot sequence I would expect you to be given the choice of running Xorg or Xvesa. Choosing Xorg should result in a pink line display with the word, "Probing", that disappears and then reappears. Then it hangs. Entering ctrl-c should return you to a command prompt. The text you describe also appears somewhere in there, so is not significant -- I don't know why it is there, but is even in normal operation.

A better way to boot up (I assume from a CD) is to not take the default, but to enter "puppy pfix=ram,nox" (pressing the "p" within 5 seconds). That way we can control the sequence of events. When booting stops at a command prompt, modify the wizard script to force it to give you options (as if the fix worked for your laptop); then run the wizard and select xorg. If it works, enter "xwin" to get to the desktop. Here are the commands to enter:
cd /usr/sbin
e3 xorgwizard [or whatever editor you use instead of e3]

Then find line 484 and insert after it a new line containing only "edid:" (without quotes), so the test will always find a match. Lines 484-486 should then be:

edid:
Save the file and exit the editor, then enter "xorgwizard" and choose the xorg button. You should see a list of display resolutions to choose from -- select 800x600 and continue to return to the prompt; enter "xwin" to see the desktop. If all goes well. When you shut down or reboot, let puppy create a pup_save file on the hard drive, so it will boot normally in the future, using the pup_save.

If it does work, I need the exact "oem:" line in the ddcprobe output, so I can add it to the test (in place of the "edid:") for the next Puppy alpha release. You can find it in /tmp/ddcprobe.txt.
Richard

Barrington

#86 Post by Barrington »

Hi Richard,
I have 3.95 running, sort-of, with your invaluable instructions and have included ddcprobe.txt file below.

vbe: VESA 2.0 detected.
oem: Copyright 1997 TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS INC.
memory: 2560kb
mode: 640x480x16m
mode: 800x600x16m
mode: 800x600x32k
mode: 800x600x64k
mode: 640x480x32k
mode: 640x480x64k
mode: 640x400x256
mode: 800x600x256
mode: 800x600x16
mode: 640x480x256
edid: 
edid: 1 0
id: 5081
eisa: TOS5081
serial: 00000000
manufacture: 20 1995
input: analog signal.
screensize: 23 17
gamma: 1.000000
dpms: RGB, no active off, no suspend, no standby
timing: 720x400@70 Hz (VGA 640x400, IBM)
timing: 640x480@75 Hz (VESA)
mode: 1024x768x64k
mode: 1024x768x16m
I'm not sure if its related, but when I got 3.01 going with Nevermore's help, the window theme (icon colours) was more like windoze. Now under 3.95 its all yellow. I tried Chtheme GTK and although it modified the theme (colours) within the window, the desktop remained the same. I sucessfully changed the background image, and colours were true so I don't think its a video issue.

I still boot off CD, but save my config on USB Stick until I'm confident to repartition the HDD and fully install puppy.

I am having other problems now.

1. Poor response.
The most severe problem is the slowness of response which is making it difficult to test exactly is/isn't working.
Examples, running..
  • * calc takes 17 seconds to open,
    * edit takes 20 seconds to open,
    * html composer takes over 1 minuteto open.
    * Sometimes mouse moves might take several seconds to cause the cursor to move.
    * I tried configuring the web browser (SeaMonkey), while it did open, after a minutre or two, I got tired of waiting for something to happen when I tried to configure the setting- so I gave up.
EDIT. Further info, as found in W98:
  • pup_395.sfs size =65.7K
    zdrv_395.sfs size =18.9K
    pup_save.2fs size =131K
there is NO pupswap.swp file! Your previous post indicated this should be present.

2. Shutdown doesn't turn PC off
Probably not critical, but may be symptomatic of a deeper problem with hardware. At shutdown, it just brings up a text screen ending with
  • #system halted
and Laptop stays on.

3. Networking
I think I've sucessfully installed driver for TP-Link PCMCIA NIC card (vendor web site it was linux compatible, but I used anyhow), but how can I tell? It says it found the DHCP Server (my router) but can I see the IP address and traffic?

4. Mouse
The PS/2 mouse seems to operate (rather than "work", which would be stretching the point) regardless what the mouse setting are on (PS/2,Serial/USB), but without the mouse connected the point device on the keyboard doesn't jump about at all, and a USB mouse works fine except I have only 1 USB port which I rather keep free. Are there any other mouse drivers I could try for the PS/2?

Thanks again,
Barry
Barrington

rerwin

Good news!

#87 Post by rerwin »

Barrington,
That's just what I need to hear! The yellow environment is normal for Puppy 4 so far. And the sluggish behavior is due to the 64MB memory constraint. But we can work around that.

First, I want to verify that inserting the "edid:" into the xorgwizard script is what you did to make it work. Assuming that is the case, my recommendation is to replace the "edid:" with the entire oem: line from the ddcprobe.txt file (without any trailing space character), and verify that it boots correctly. Then save the script onto the USB stick by itself (so you can get to it easily from 3.01). (This is to get you back to running 3.01 with the fix.)

Second, create a swap file from puppy4, while it's up. There is a how-to somewhere in the forum, but this is what I remember. Using Pmount, mount the C: partition, probably hda1, then open a console (rxvt). Use the following commands (but not the [comments]):
cd /mnt/hda1
dd if=/dev/zero of=pupswap.swp bs=1024 count=131072 [for 128MB]
mkswap pupswap.swp

Boot up with 3.01 and "pfix=ram,nox". When initialzation stops at the prompt, enter the following commands (assuming sda1 is the USB stick):
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/data -t vfat
cp /mnt/data/xorgwizard /usr/sbin/xorgwizard
umount /mnt/data
free [to see if swap file used - if none, try "swapon /pupswap.swp"]
xorgwizard
[respond to it and then enter "xwin".]

On shutdown/reboot, create a new pup_save file either on the stick or in hda1. It is only one file, so will not disturb W98 on the HD.

Regarding Puppy4's not shutting off the computer, I have the same problem. Usually using the boot parameter "acpi=force" or "acpi=off" makes it shut off. But neither works for me with Puppy4. I hope that gets fixed.

If all goes well, I will plan on requesting the addition of:

to the "troublesome Toshiba laptop list" in xorgwizard for the next 4alpha. It may be overkill, in that it will catch more systems than those that fail, but so what? -- they're really old, and no harm done.

Afterthought: If the pupsave file does not get used, consider making a swap partition with gparted, but let's "talk" first.
Richard

Barrington

#88 Post by Barrington »

Hi Richard,
OK, Yellow is good... good. And I'll look into some more memory at the computer swap meet on Sunday.

YES, to confirm, I did insert "edid:' into the xorgwizard.

Oh dear.... I think Ive confused myself. This is what i did...

To follow your instructions I thought it would be easier and safer to cut and paste from the dccprobe file on USB into the xorgwizard, so I booted off 395 CD. normal boot, no "pfix =ram,nox". 4.0 openned sucessfully. Using Geary, I did the replacement of "edid:" with the "oem: Copyright etc.etc" from dccprobe to xorgwizard and copied it to USB.
It looks like this now:

Then I started to make the swap file. This only half worked. While in 4.0, using rxvt, with a little of snooping around I discovered hda is actually called home:

# cd /mnt/hda1
bash: cd: /mnt/hda1: No such file or directory
# cd /mnt
# ls
cdrom  data  dvd  flash  floppy  home  msdos  ram1  sdb  swap  zip
# cd swap
# ls
# 
# cd ..
# cd home
# dd if=/dev/zero of=pupswap.swp bs=1024 count=131072
131072+0 records in
131072+0 records out
134217728 bytes (134 MB) copied, 40.9639 s, 3.3 MB/s
# mkswap pupswap.swp
Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 134213633 bytes
# 
But then, I went to copy xorgwizard, it came up with error:

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/data -t vfat
mount: mounting /dev/sda1 /mnt/data -t vfat failed
Now while in Pmount, I remember USB was actually called sdb so I tried that. Same error (except with sdb).
Looking (ls) in /dev I can see there was a file called sda1, & sda2 sda.. .... So now I'm stuck, its there but can't "see" it to mount?

But at this time I realised, how did I sucessfully start 4.0 in the first place with an unmodified xorgwizard? I THEN realised i didn't follow your instructions about xorgwizard EXACTLY, and did not "verify that it boots correctly". So I went back, started 4.0 with ram,nox and changed xorgwizard, line 485 "edid:" with "oem: etc" but it wouldn't get past the pink message. I though you might have mean't editting the same line in 3.01 xorgwizard, so I tried that, but the code around that line is completely different so I didn't touch it.

I then tried booting 3.01 normally (no ram,nox) but thought that with xorgwizard in the root of the USB might have made a difference, so "hid" it in a subdirectory so boot wouldn't see it. 3.01 booted fine.

I then tried the same with 3.95 ("hidden" xorgwizard) and during boot I got a message

Version Update. resoring official files...... <list of files>.. 
You are upgrading from Puppy 301 to 395
then ran 4 OK.

Help!
Barrington

rerwin

Really confused, now

#89 Post by rerwin »

I have lost track, now, of what works and what doesn't. If you can boot up normally with 3.01, what is the problem? Note that once you succeed in selecting a resolution, Puppy saves that info so it can boot without going through the selection process. So how did you get 3.01 to boot without involving the edid fix?

I need to determine (1) whether you need a fix at all, (2) if so, does inserting that oem line make it work for you. It appears you inserted the line correctly, so I wonder why it did not appear to work.

Note that when you ran 4.0a5 with the pup_save from 3.01, you upgraded to 4.0 and cannot go back to 3.01 with that pup_save under 3.01 (at least safely/predictably).

Anyway, If you somehow get to the desktop in 3.01 with pfix=ram (so you can create a new pup_save), copy your modified 4.00 xorgwizard to /usr/sbin (after renaming the original, as backup), using pmonut to get to the USB stick, whatever it is called. (The drive naming is different in 4.0 - both hard drives and USB sticks are sd-something; the stick follows the hard drive identifiers. That's why you saw it as sdb1, because the hard drive was sda1.)

Then reboot to use the pup_save, but with pfix=nox, so you can run xorgwizard, then xwin. Remember, if the wizard hangs, you can ctrl-c out of the hang and then edit xorgwizard to fix it and try again.

When you get a chance, would you send me a PM with your ddcprobe.txt file attached. That way I can, for sure, get the exact oem line to put into the alpha6 version of xorgwizard. Thanks.

I notice that you sometimes post mid-evening here (EST), so I will try to check the forum then, before it gets too close to bedtime. That way we can speed up the responses in our conversation.
Richard

Barrington

#90 Post by Barrington »

Hi Richard,
PM sent - I didn't mean to post here. Don't know how to delete post.
Barrington

Barrington

#91 Post by Barrington »

Well I originally sent it to myself!*?!! which is why you didn't get it, but now the one i sent to you is sitting the OutBox so I'll just post it here.....

Hi Richard,
I have sent you this (dccprobe.txt and xorgwizard) before I start on your suggestions.

I too am confused! I do not know why it now boots correctly without pfix=ram,nox or any xorgwizard changes. I just booted 3.01 just now it it boots fine, albeit with a message that it didn't shut down normally and would I like to run xorgwizard again. I just typed xwin and all came up good.

By the way, do I need the USB drive plugged in after I boot?

How do you suggest, after having upgraded to395 (4alpha5) and going back to 3.01 with same pupsave file? Should I remove (hide) the pupsave and start again?

FYI, this lappy is my wife's (my old one that got too slow for the stuff I do-embedded PIC/PSoC development and PCB design). She uses it mainly for Email and web browsing. My goal is to set up a separate partition on Tosh for Puppy and run it from there (maybe today as 3.01 seems to work). To do so may give me (us? thanks for your perseverance) an opportunity to start again on getting the configuration correct.

I sucessfully ran scandisk (no disk errors) and defrag in preparation. I have 3G of the 6 G free and plan to set asside 2G for puppy until I'm satisfied all is well, then Puppy can have it all.

Barrington
Attachments
ddcprobe+xorgw.zip
(17.66 KiB) Downloaded 590 times
Barrington

rerwin

#92 Post by rerwin »

Thanks for the file. The name implies that you sent both ddcprobe.txt and xorgwizard, but only the wizard is there. That is good enough. I got nit-picky because the listing you included in your early post puts a space character at the end of each line; and I thought that might cause trouble. The wizard you sent has no trailing blank, so that's fine.

Is the file you sent the xorgwizard that you see in 3.01 /usr/sbin? But now you can't run 3.01 because the pup_save is 395. I think you need to start over with a fresh pup_save, and put it on the hard drive. You told me you already see one there, so that's what you have been using. You can confirm that by using pmount to see where /mnt/home is -- sda1 or sdb1, the HD or stick. If the stick (sdb1) is not mounted, you can remove it.

To start fresh, just boot 3.01 with pfix=ram. If it hangs after the two pink "probing..." lines, you definitely need the fix. Enter ctrl-c to get the prompt. You know how grab the fixed version from the stick, to /usr/sbin. Please be sure to use the fixed version that has your oem: line and not the edid: line. Once copied over, enter "xorgwizard" to test it. If that works, enter xwin" and you are in business. (To preserve the 395 pup_save, just rename it -- pup_save-395.sfs.) Then reboot and create a new pup_save file.

If you want to dual-boot the laptop without needing the CD, there is a slick package that does it safely -- Lin'n'WinNewB. -- here: http://www.icpug.org.uk/national/linnwi ... innwin.htm
Richard

OldYogi

Protege Booting - again

#93 Post by OldYogi »

How much of the changes you were discussing with Barrington earlier in the year got incorporated in to Alpha6?

I have gotten Puppy successfully running off of a usb stick on my desktop, and similarly on a Thinkpad T43, but all of that was preparatory to my real goal which is to resurrect an old Portege 3110CT, with Win98 (not SE!).
I've expanded the memory to its max -- 196 I think.

Booting with WakePup2, and my pup save frugal install on the usb stick, the boot sequence gets to "personal config script /etc/rc.d/rc.local", and then drops to the prompt #. At that point I've run xorgconfig. but none of configuration variants variants I have tried get me anywhere.

the output of ddcprobe is essentaily the same as what was posted in the earlier thread, although the resolution doesnt get to 1024. the screen is smaller. the card is the same Trident card you were struggling with earlier. I'm not sure what the corect refresh rates are.

I could try Alpha 7 -- would it help?

I'm not sure where to pick up in the sequence of suggestions you were making earlier.

I just looked at the xorg.conf that was generated during install -- it has the VendorName as Trident Mcrosystems, and the BoardName as Cyber 9525. I didn't give it that info. In fact, none of the data I entered while xorgconfig was running is in this file. the head of the file says it is a "Special base config file used in Puppy Linux"

But the Monitor section has no numbers for HorizSync and VertRefresh, The Modes section has no numbers, and there is no Screen section.
The Device section lists alot of options that are repeated in a file xorg.conf-new,which is in the root directory. there is also a file with a garbled name that clearly was supposed to say TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS INC. That file is the xorg.conf file that has my input into xorg.conf. Why didn't it wind up in /etc/X11? I tried copying it to /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but I still got the two pink lines.

help will be appreciated.

rerwin

The 4alphas and the laptop "probing-hang" fix

#94 Post by rerwin »

OldYogi,
Thanks for your post, keeping this thread alive.

To my dismay, I have not been diligent in submitting updates for the fix to puppy4. I am in the process of consolidating fixes into the new alpha7 version of the wizard. I believe it should also work with 3.01/2 and hope I can have it work with 2.14 so I can submit it for use in TEENpup2008.

So check the alpha7 bug-reporting thread later today for the latest version of the fix. You say that ddcprobe shows yours to be one of the Trident CYBER (I assume) adapters - 8820 or 8620; I have added yet another to the new fix: 9540. If yours is none of these, please post your "oem:" line so I can add it to the fix.
Richard

OldYogi

#95 Post by OldYogi »

the output of my ddcprobe is exactly the same as that reported by Barrington on Jan. 14, except I don't get the last two lines, reporting modes of 1024x768.

the Toshiba Spec Sheet for the Portege 3110Ct says:
Video
Trident Cyber9525
64-bit Graphics Accelerator
32-BIT PCI local bus support
BitBLT hardware
Integrated 2.5MB Video Memory
and for the display it says:
Display
Poly-silicon TFT active-matrix color display
Attachments
Toshiba2590.png