Puppy 3.01 final bugs reports here

Please post any bugs you have found
prehistoric

problem with wireless, caused by zombies?

#166 Post by prehistoric »

I've had a peculiar problem in changing locations with wireless. The first time I configure wireless I have no problems. Changing to a second location leads to frustration, I can detect the network, but DHCP never connects. By accident I found plugging in a USB wireless dongle also allowed me to reconfigure the first interface.

I'm wondering if Barry's discovery about fuser and zombies could explain this. In the past I've tried to kill visible processes to break an apparent deadlock, but now it seems zombies would not be visible. Anyone else recognise this?

prehistoric

Amit

#167 Post by Amit »

Free memory (the one on the tray)
The help info opens dillo, with http://usr/share/doc (not file://usr/share/doc/...) and it looks really bad.

pakt

3.01 unmounts the USB device that it boots from

#168 Post by pakt »

3.01 unmounts the USB device that it boots from.

When I boot 3.01 from a USB stick, I get correctly get the warning to not disconnect the USB device, BUT the stick is unmounted anyway after booting.

Should I want to load a module afterwards, it won't be found since the zdrv_301.sfs file is on the unmounted USB stick. :?
Methinks Raspberry Pi were ideal for runnin' Puppy Linux

Sage

#169 Post by Sage »

Wrong 'Bugs' - sorry.

gerry

#170 Post by gerry »

This one is not exactly 301, rather it's GTKSee. I have a folder /mnt/hda2/photos

GTKSee will list all the files in mnt/hda2, but not the folder. GIMP has no problem.

EDIT: ie GTKSee will list all the .sfs, .2fs, .BAK etc files, but not the "/photos" folder, or, of course, the files in it.

Home is on hda1, and hda2 is mounted.

Puppy 214R using GQView has no problem.
Both 214R and 301 are live cd.

Gerry

purple_ghost

Puppy Package installer in Puppy 3.01

#171 Post by purple_ghost »

On the last screen on installing a Pet package I get the message, "???has been installed. Needed unresolved Dependencies." (or whatever it exactly says). If the number of needed dependencies is large, I can not get to the bottom of that message, which might include a, 'Continue on to install dependencies." Instead I must this message by way of the X on the upper right hand side of the window.

Encountered this on installing the Dot Pet for Java6u5 which I downloaded from (bugs) folder in the CA website.

This issue must be a real pain on a fourteen inch monitor.
Google Search of Forum: http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html