HSF/HCF softmodem dotpup packages

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Giorgio

problems with conexant chipset and hsf drivers

#76 Post by Giorgio »

Hi,
i have an HSF conexant chipset pci modem and i have followed the instructions in the forum, but i have some problems.
The chipset model is 14f1:2f30.

I prefer puppy 1.07 because it is faster on my old hardware, but i use also 2.02 CE and 2.12 versions (il like to test those distribuitios and all of theme are installed on hard disk).

I have downloaded the file "hsfmodem-1105.pup".
After the installation (in 1.07 and 2.12) i reboot but "cnxcfg" didn't find any HCF/HSF modem :-(

Then i have used "hsfconfig" several times, using all the files "*.inf" of "hsfconfig"...but anyone works...
I have done also the link from /dev/modem to ttySHSF0.
"hsfconfig" recognize my modem, but it writes thai in isn't supported by the drivers.

Then i have downloaded "hsflinmodem-5.03.27-k2.4.29.tar.gz" but "pinstall.sh" command doesn't work and write that "alienpackages.txt" is missing.
I tried to put a blank "alienpackages.txt" file in "./packages" directory or to add to the "packages file" the line of the hsf drivers, but it doesn't work.
I have also tried using the pupget package manager...but i can't install it.

Finally i have tried to download "hsfmodem-7.47.00.05full.tar.gz" drivers fron "linuxant" site...but they have the
modem speed at 14400...
(and i can't compile with puppy because i can't install devx package in 1.07 (I think that i have the wrong file "usr_devx.sfs"...) and for version 2.02 and 2.12 i can't have the compilers putting "devx_202.sfs" in "/" or in "/root" or in "/usr").
I have compiled it with Quilinux2.0 and it works...(i had to load the kernel sources to compile)...but speed is really limited to 14400...i have tested it...

So i have some questions...

1) Why does "cnxcfg" not recognize my modem?

2) How can i install "hsflinmodem-5.03.27-k2.4.29.tar.gz" package in puppy?

3) Can i take the compiled file from Quilinux2.0? How can i do this?

4) It is not possible to have speed at 57600kbps using "linuxant" or others drivers?

I hope tha someone can help me...

Bye

Giorgio

jcoder24

Re: problems with conexant chipset and hsf drivers

#77 Post by jcoder24 »

1) Why does "cnxcfg" not recognize my modem?
Which version of puppy are you running cnxtcfg on?
2) How can i install "hsflinmodem-5.03.27-k2.4.29.tar.gz" package in puppy?
This is a pupget package that should be installed with the pupget installer. However, it is not as updated as the the .pup version.
3) Can i take the compiled file from Quilinux2.0? How can i do this?
If Quilinux has the same kernel version as that of the puppy you are using.
You can archive the files from Quilinux via sh-3.00# tar cvfz hsfmodem.tar.gz /lib/modules/2.6.18.1/extra/hsf* /usr/sbin/hsf* /etc/hsfmodem/
copy it over to puppy and extract it via tar xvfz hsfmodem.tar.gz -C / then run hsfconfig --serial
4) It is not possible to have speed at 57600kbps using "linuxant" or others drivers?
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 9060#69060 or http://www.google.com

Giorgio

#78 Post by Giorgio »

Hi jcoder24,
Thank you for the answers.

The pupget manager install the "hsflinmodem-5.03.27-k2.4.29.tar.gz" in all my versions(1.07, 2.02 CE, 2.12)...but the modem doesn't work...
I have tried all the "*.inf" file.

I have copied the compiled file from Quilinux2.0...but puppy 2.02 CE has the 2.6.16 kernel....and the 2.12 has the 2.6.18....but Quilinux2.0 has the 2..6.17preempt version.
I have however tried but it's not working.

I have also modified linuxant drivers file following the hint of the fedora site, but the speed is fixed at 14400, probably a can't find the right number to modify...(every time i open the "hsfengine" file the numbers are not the same).

I run "cnxtcfg" on version 1.07 and 2.02 CE and 2.12 and it didn't find any HCF/HSF modem in all of the 3 versions.
I don't know why...is it possible that i have a too recent conexant chipset?

Bye

newb4life

#79 Post by newb4life »

hi jcoder, thanx heaps ( http://www.int21.de/conexant/ ) ,hope this works on damnsmalllinux too!

panzerpuppy

#80 Post by panzerpuppy »

Any instructions on how to get a (HCF in this case) Conexant modem working in Puppy 3.xx?