Pupbeatz update

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
jcagle

Pupbeatz update

#1 Post by jcagle »

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I mentioned anything about Pupbeatz.

BarelyPup hasn't been worked on in a while, from what I can tell, but I've noticed there's Fat Free Puppy, so I'm basing Pupbeatz on that, which means I am starting a lot of my work over. That's ok, though.

We will definitely have Ardour 2 in the ISO. I'd kind of like to have Rosegarden in there too, but we'll see. If it's not in there, there will definitely be a package available, at least. I think it'll be good to have some type of MIDI sequencer and notation editor, though, and Rosegarden does both. Ardour is meant more for multitrack recording (though Rosegarden will do this too).

Also, Audio editors such as Audacity will be included.

So, I'm getting back to work on this this week.

I did make it to Redding, CA by the way.

jcagle

#2 Post by jcagle »

OK...Rosegarden won't be in the ISO, I think, but perhaps muse.

KF6SNJ

#3 Post by KF6SNJ »

Any solid ideas as to what you are going to include? I ask as this may be useful to one of the guys I work with who is really into music. Let me know.

jcagle

#4 Post by jcagle »

I am definitely including Ardour, Hydrogen, Audacity, and ZynAbSubFX. Jack will need to be included as well, of course. I will probably include Muse plus a music notation utility that I saw on here (that wasn't Rosegarden).

I am having trouble getting HV3 working in Fat Free Puppy. That was the browser I was going to use. I have the error log saved on the hard drive, I just haven't sent it to the HV3 developer yet. But I just wanted a small web browser that does basic stuff, as this distro isn't really meant for browsing the web but one may need to on occasion.

I would love to include LMMS if it's not too big, but I have had trouble compiling it in previous versions of Puppy. Perhaps it will work this time around.

I want to eventually have a drumkit and sample repository for people to access online. That may be more space and bandwidth that I can afford to handle at the moment, but in time, I hope to be able to. This probably will not be happening with the first version of Pupbeatz, though.

I haven't totally decided what window manager I want to use yet. I'm trying to decide between IceWM, Fluxbox, and XFCE.

I would expect the final version to be out in either late December or early January.

john biles

#5 Post by john biles »

Hello jcagle,
I included LMMS in TEENpup and basically got it from Mandriva 2007 Spring edtion. I unrpm it and had it working in less than 10 minutes if this is of any help to you.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

jcagle

#6 Post by jcagle »

OK...I'll check it out then.