Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 20 Dec 2014, 14:46
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
"Fire Hydrant 3.0" 192MB java, flash, firefox,Gimpshop,"
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 4 [54 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Sat 06 Oct 2007, 14:06    Post subject:  "Fire Hydrant 3.0" 192MB java, flash, firefox,Gimpshop,"
Subject description: Replaced my 2.15ce,Has PPoE fix already installed, auto login to pidgin,

Update fixed in 3.01 release.
Puppy 3.0 had a problem with PPPoE 3.8, a fix for the problem was a simple and posted here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?search_id=1009603664&t=22341
Since Fire Hydrant is based on puppy 3.0 that means if you have a problem with PPPoE use the above fix and enjoy Smile new release 3.01 which has this fix installed already and a small amount of software changes. Smile

hi this was the first time i ever tried to do something like this, I spent over 60 hrs in 3.5 days to get this out to everyone, It was totally stable, never crashed at all durring the building and testing stages, So i think its a keeper. Smile if you have any ideas of what should go, stay or add please let me know, i'm trying to keep it under 200MB. so it doesn't get out of hand. Thanks for everything. Smile

Installed: Firefox, flash, java, plus thunderbird, sunbird and lightning so you can get your mail and your calendar in one app. plus icewm, and 19 themes, a few new games in the firefox tool menu, xmms with a sony skin, Limewire, shutterbug, Gimpshop, Yahoo messenger, aMSN messenger,etc a lot was added and no scripts removed.

you can find it here www.ttuuxxx.com

also i noticed that pci-express nvida cards now work with tv-out and no additional drivers were needed, first time ever has puppy s-video pci-e worked for me anyways, my older agp always did Smile thats just excellent. Smile

hope you enjoy it Smile

Next week Audacious 1.4.0 beta will be released if someone makes a pet or pup package for it post it in here and I’ll try to install it for future releases. When i tried to install the latest one from the repository it had a conflict with the pet manager, what would happen is that both sides of the manager would be erased. Completely white, like nothing to install or uninstall, Very strange.
imagepx8.gif
Description 
gif

Download 
Filename  imagepx8.gif 
Filesize  189.2 KB 
Downloaded  3732 Time(s) 
firehydrantbanner.png
 Description   
 Filesize   172.15 KB
 Viewed   4724 Time(s)

firehydrantbanner.png

Last edited by ttuuxxx on Sat 16 May 2009, 23:23; edited 5 times in total
darrelljon

PostPosted: Sat 06 Oct 2007, 16:21    Post subject:  

Looks kewl. Twisted Evil
Boo2themoon

PostPosted: Sat 06 Oct 2007, 17:50    Post subject:  

Looks great and works really well. I even managed to play Runescape, not sure if I've managed that with Puppy before? Cool
Thanks for your contribution. I'm looking forward to the Fat Free version too
tazoc

PostPosted: Sat 06 Oct 2007, 20:08    Post subject: md5sum for firehydrant3.00.iso  

ttuuxxx,
I'm d/ling it now. Can you post the md5sum please?
Thank you,
TazOC

ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Sat 06 Oct 2007, 20:28    Post subject: md5  

hi ya sure here's the md5 54945784CFC830CAD3880A2D99A246D8
enjoy
tazoc

PostPosted: Sat 06 Oct 2007, 21:10    Post subject:  

Hi,
That was quick! How'd you get the upper case? Smile It works in lower.
Code:
54945784cfc830cad3880a2d99a246d8  firehydrant3.00.iso
Thanks again,
TazOC

eccentric

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2007, 02:45    Post subject: Firehydrant
Subject description: PPPoE

Just a thank you for firehydrant 3.00 all i had to do was add Leon,s PPPoE.38.pet
so far it is running OK.
Michael
ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2007, 04:02    Post subject: Re: Firehydrant
Subject description: PPPoE

eccentric wrote:
Just a thank you for firehydrant 3.00 all i had to do was add Leon,s PPPoE.38.pet
so far it is running OK.
Michael

thats excellent to hear , actually i would like more feedback about fixes, i have just read up about the PPoE.pet package, just because you brought it to my attention and I'll remaster Fire Hydrant tonight and upload it with the fix already installed. and also you stated "so far it is running OK." well the last time i used it, it was "running excellent.", lol thanks for the hints and if anyone else finds a fault in 3.0 please tell me and maybe include the fix link.

for everyone else who might have a problem with PPoE here's the link to the fix, http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?search_id=1009603664&t=22341

ttuuxxx
Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2007, 06:29    Post subject:  

Cool A well chosen range of apps.

Did you use Dougals remaster, the standard remaster or Unleashed to create this?

Smile

ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2007, 06:52    Post subject:  

Lobster wrote:
Cool A well chosen range of apps.

Did you use Dougals remaster, the standard remaster or Unleashed to create this?

Smile

Well i Dougals remaster to remaster the final product. It worked excellent no problems at all, I first made the cd and tested it, then i ran it again and made an iso image, and then burned and tested the iso image and it worked excellent. so i was happy with it.

tonight I'll be remastering it with the PPPoE fix. and a few small application changes once i work everything out, then the long upload. but its worth it. Smile

ttuuxxx
8-bit

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2007, 08:59    Post subject:
Subject description: Two fixes

I know you wanted to get your Distro out, so you may have overlooked these.
First: When I fired up Rxvt to check the available memory, the first line stated it could not find /usr/bin/defaultwordprocessor no such file or directory. I remedied this by making a script to point to abiword.
The second was that you did not close the file in Gleany when you last used it before you made the iso so the last file you had worked on came up. Other than that, everything seemed to work ok.
ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2007, 11:29    Post subject:
Subject description: Two fixes

8-bit wrote:
I know you wanted to get your Distro out, so you may have overlooked these.
First: When I fired up Rxvt to check the available memory, the first line stated it could not find /usr/bin/defaultwordprocessor no such file or directory. I remedied this by making a script to point to abiword.
The second was that you did not close the file in Gleany when you last used it before you made the iso so the last file you had worked on came up. Other than that, everything seemed to work ok.

that excellent input 8-bit thanks for that since i'll be remastering it again tonight and i'll fix it, because of the PPPoE problem, i'm glad i waited a bit, I was doing around 18hrs a day trying to finish this and well in the end i was really tired and my wife was really fed-up Smile

Other than that how did you like it?

thanks once again ttuuxxx
Raman

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2007, 15:31    Post subject: Excellent FireHydrant 3.0; Now for a TORRENT download!
Subject description: Give that man a cigar! And a torrent!

Dear Mr. TTUUXXX, sir,

Thank you for your latest release: Fire Hydrant 3.0. So far everything works fine. Salute!

You solved the JAVA problem that many of us struggle with, and FLASH is important to many.

Now, having said that and on the other hand, let me speak for those of us who must rely on nasty, unreliable, and ultimately unsanitary ppp dialup connections to download 200MB, more or less. To wit: Would it be possible to create a torrent download so that those of us (aforementioned, above) can reliably download 200 excellent MB's without having to retry the download process two or three or even more times?

A torrent download would be most helpful.

Thank you again for your excellent release.

Hail Fire Hydrant!

Hail Puppy!

Raman
Boo2themoon

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2007, 17:15    Post subject:  

Hi ttuuxxx,
Tested FH on 4 machines.
Desktops.
Sony Vaio P4 512ram 64 mb nvidia geforce T.
Home Built P3 380ram 16mb voodoo 3d.
Laptops.
Acer 292 P4 Centrino 1000mb ram 64mb vram ati.
Compaq Evo n610c P4 512 ram 32mb vram ati.
Desktops work fine but the Laptops freeze at shutdown (black screen) with no way to save.
Tried Barrys pup3 and it shuts down fine on all machines.
Hope this is of use.
ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2007, 22:05    Post subject: Re: Excellent FireHydrant 3.0; Now for a TORRENT download!
Subject description: Give that man a cigar! And a torrent!

Raman wrote:
Dear Mr. TTUUXXX, sir,

Thank you for your latest release: Fire Hydrant 3.0. So far everything works fine. Salute!

You solved the JAVA problem that many of us struggle with, and FLASH is important to many.

Now, having said that and on the other hand, let me speak for those of us who must rely on nasty, unreliable, and ultimately unsanitary ppp dialup connections to download 200MB, more or less. To wit: Would it be possible to create a torrent download so that those of us (aforementioned, above) can reliably download 200 excellent MB's without having to retry the download process two or three or even more times?

A torrent download would be most helpful.

Thank you again for your excellent release.

Hail Fire Hydrant!

Hail Puppy!

Raman

yes i can upload it to a torrent, if people are going to share it, via torrent,
when i used to use dial-up, i used a download manager, that was the best because you could reconnect with it as many times as you wanted, since dial-up used to drop out every 4hr, some downloads would take 2-3 days back then. You can get free download managers for any operating system, I still use one on xp, called "free download manager" also firefox has a plugin called wget, http://unix-tutorial.blogspot.com/2007/08/wget-free-download-manager-for-windows.html

Xp users on dialup - http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
wget https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220
wget puppy "pet" file http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/puppylinux/pupget_packages-1/xwget-0.5.tar.gz

"The free download manager wget lets you download all the files on a page or directory with a single command. It also allows you to resume downloads after getting disconnected letting you start where you left off instead of starting the download at 0% again.

There's also flashgot, flashget, free download manager, download reaper, leechget, download accelerator pro, downloadthemall extension in firefox and many others. wget is just multi OS and very very simple and fast but useless if you can't live without a UI."

thanks for everything and i'll make a torrent today, since i'm uploading a newer version with the PPoE fix included, Smile
Page 1 of 4 [54 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: