How the heck to get this Linksys card working - WPC54G

goofeyfoot

#16 Post by goofeyfoot »

Hello guys:

Since my last post I wrote this thing. I don't know whether you call it a script or what but I made it executable:

modprobe --remove bcm43xx
modprobe bcm43xx
ifconfig ath0 up

What that seems to do if you run the script is shut the driver down, reinstall the driver, and one other thing which is the ath0 up. Don't know what that does.

But anyway, I have automated the driver install to where the script works pretty good for that.gets the driver up and running.

But I still have to reload the wireless profile with the WEP settings and stuff. I have to use the GUI to do that.

So two questions.

One, how would I get the security profile to run itself so that I don't have to go through that GUI for the connection each time?

Second, how could I get this script included in the start up routine so that all this junk would be done once I hit the desktop?

Thanks again for the ideas.

Michael

cruzin

#17 Post by cruzin »

Did you try a search for the type of card you have may be someone else has covered it and can give you the text line.

#this file called from rc.local0
#you can edit this file
#When firewall is installed, will append lines to this file...
modprobe ath_pci
ifconfig ath0 up

the above is what I did, the bottom 2 lines is what I added for my specific card

laptopnewbee

#18 Post by laptopnewbee »

here you go:

Code: Select all

modprobe ndiswrapper
ifconfig wlan0 up
if you aren't using a windows driver in ndiswrapper then replace ndiswrapper with your driver name. if your wireless interface isn't wlan0 then replace wlan0 with the name of your interface (ath0, etc...).

if you have to unload your driver and reload it just place

Code: Select all

modprobe -r yourdrivername
first in the group

hope this helps.

edit: in the case of using ndiswrapper, yourdrivername=ndiswrapper
so much to learn, so late a start.